Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Salvia Divinorum (20X) – Semi-experienced – The Puppet Master

Ramirez

Bluelighter
Salvia Divinorum (20X) – Second time – The Puppet Master

My friend took some of his friend’s salvia, which I am guessing to be in the area of 20X. I went to a friend’s house with about a half gram of the stuff, and they had a bunch of bud there too. I went to the upstairs room, and one of the people that lived there (who was on Xanax at the time) wanted to do it too, though I had plans originally to do it with someone else. The other friend I would be tripping with was watching a basketball game, so I did some myself, along with the guy who was on Xanax.

The method, as I knew, wasn’t the proper way to do it – I couldn’t find a torch lighter at any of the stores I checked out, but I know where I can find one now. Instead, I used a standard cigarette lighter. I packed the salvia into a gravity bong with some cannabis at the bottom (to keep the salvia from falling through the ratchpiece) and pulled the grav. The smoke had a slight hint of cannabis in it, but for the most part it tasted like salvia. After I held it in for about thirty seconds, I exhaled and immediately felt the body effects.

When I sat down on the couch, I felt myself being drawn up to the ceiling by the tip of my index finger as if by an invisible string. Another resident of the house asked me if I was okay, and I told him my delusion (at this point, my other finger was being pulled up as well as my feet) and he began to laugh, then went downstairs to tell everyone. The Puppet Master (A name I gave to this invisible force) let me down and I relaxed while attempting to watch the basketball game.

I took a second gravity bong hit of the salvia/cannabis combination. Other people took the hit as well. On my last hit, I packed too much cannabis and the smoke was too harsh – and it tasted horrible. When I went to go sit down, I felt my body start to float up again. I thought about how much of a dick the Puppet Master was and sat down, again being drawn up by the tip of my right index finger.

For a while, I believed the ceiling fan to be the puppetmaster, and could see multiple shapes of hands holding the strings within the blades. Then I watched with amazement as the ceiling fan morphed itself into other objects, in this sequence: a starfish, an alien ship, a flower, and a buzzsaw. Then, it took on its normal form again, only this time the blades were covered in a picture of something resembling the Hubble Deep Field. Then the hands of the Puppet Master showed themselves in the blades again, still covered in galaxies, attempting to jerk me around. I had a brief hallucination of cats on the floor, which scattered when I saw a large snake slighter quickly across the floor. All I could see was its spiny back, the spikes were about three inches long, the body was maybe six inches thick, and it moved so fast it had disappeared once I blinked (so I knew that it was a hallucination).

Slowly, everything turned back to normal, the Puppet Master went away, and we smoked some blunts and watched basketball.

However – today I woke up pissed off, and needed to smoke a joint just to relax and not be pissed at the world, which I notice has happened to me as an after effect of salvia on any concentration.

Other: The setting did get fucked up too much for me (people taking it too far in messing with me, which is never okay with salvia, I specifically told them not to but they did it anyway) and I wanted to leave, which I did long after the salvia wore off.

Last edited:
Now that I know I won't do anything stupid that would get me killed, I'll probably get some again and just do it in my backyard at home, and make sure I have really good buds on-hand. I'll probably use a corncob pipe my friend randomly gave me, as well as the proper lighter. It's all about heating it up correctly.

I think it's just because I wasn't in the right mindset and the setting at the time was a bit shaky that I was left with a lot of anger and unease.