Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Salvia - 35x) Second Trip - Level 5 - The Clothes Dilemma and Demanding Music

MessedSeed

Greenlighter
(Salvia - 35x) Second Trip - Level 5 - The Clothes Dilemma and Mischivous Music

Substance: Salvia Divonorum (35x extract)
Experience: Only tried 1 time, 3 years ago. Around a level 4 trip. But have tried a number of other hallucinogenics.

---

So yesterday, I found a little smoke shop near my university and decided to buy some salvia. I had done 30x once before on my 18th and remember it being intense, but I was still semi-aware of the world around me. The strongest in the shop was 35x and it was a large packet, so seemed like a good deal and I bought it.

Later that night, at around 9pm, after a productive day I decided to try out the salvia and was excited to re-experience it. I loaded a very small bong as a sort of reminder of the effects and instantly felt my body start getting pulled/melting, along with everything I saw.

Happy with the reminder, I decided it was time to go to the same level as my first trip (which, after some reading today, I would say was somewhere near the high end of a level 4) so packed the bowl to the brim. Since the feeling was somewhat 'pleasant', I thought I'd lie on my bed in my boxers while tripping for extra freedom. I sat on my bed and struggled to burn the whole bowl, but managed to clear the majority.

Instantly, my whole world changed, with no memory of the real world or that I even took salvia. The beginning of my trip was very confusing, so my explanation is a very simplified interpretation. I awoke in what seemed like a colourful village, with what I think was my mother's face in the sky or at least her presence. There was a huge feeling that she and a number of other people that I also thought were present, who I didn't even know, wanted me to do something. But when I tried to do something with my body, I realised I was watching the world through the chest of someone and I was not actually a human, but simply a spectating piece of clothing.

This realisation scared me quite a lot and I felt as if this was how I had actually been my whole life and the human life I thought I had was all just a long dream. I badly wanted to get out of this place and be human again, so I managed to roll over, but as I did, all I saw was half a blue trouser leg with half a shoe rotating in time with me, finally attaching to another half and completing a leg. This made me realise that I was now the trouser leg and had to form a fully clothed person in order to get my body back, which was what everyone around me wanted me to do. This didn't seem easy, as I had no idea how to transfer myself to the other trouser leg. The place now seemed like the inside of a circus and I was part of some sort of act.

Eventually I managed to sit up and my vision of the real world was starting to come back, similar to the scene in Inception where the city starts leaning sideways, but it was leaning back the correct way. What confused me most was my bong, as I had somehow knocked it so it balanced diagonally on a cup, so was completely out of position with everything else. But eventually my senses started coming back and I managed to put on my trackies and t-shirt (which is where the whole clothing idea must have started, since I was in my boxers and felt everyone was watching me, despite the fact I was actually alone).

Gradually, I started remembering who I was and that I was in my room. I began noticing the music that I left playing, which I realised today was this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuJg6Cd5rxI

It must have switched over to the song and created the change in environment during the moment the place I was in became a circus, because after putting on my clothes and sobering up, the part between 0:27 - 0:44 started talking to me and pulling me back into the trip, which I didn't want. The accented notes were SO insisting and although I didn't understand them, what they were saying felt along the lines of: "Yes! This is it! That's right! I told you so!" in a sarcastic, taunting tone as if they were patronising me for only awakening to their reality now and living my whole life thinking I'm human. Luckily that part of the song stopped and I stopped getting pulled deeper into the trip and could roll a cigarette to sober myself up.

While rolling my cigarette and smoking it, I had waves of coming in and out of the salvia state, occasionally merging with my cigarette or getting the feeling i'm inside a TV (my window) watching outside. At one point when on my phone, my fingers seemed like 2 people scrolling a massive list of images. I checked the time and it was roughly 9:30.
The remainder of the effects I tried ignoring by playing South Park: Stick of Truth or texting my mates. I was happy to be back in the real world!

----

After the effects wore off within another 10-20 minutes, I began to relax and the sense of fear and panic went away. I have mixed feelings about the trip, on one hand it was terrifying at the time, but in retrospect, it was enjoyable and taught me that salvia is not like any other hallucinogenics. I've done acid with friends, and on my own I've done HBWR seeds twice (7 and 10 seeds) and mescaline once, but salvia was completely next level. I will certainly do salvia again at some point, but perhaps not in the near future and not such a high dose. Reading the SALVIA classification system, I would definitely place this as a Level 5 ("I") trip.

Last edited:
If you are missing part of it
it means that you were going from 5-6-5-6-5-6
and I am sure you did because you smoked enough for 4 people.

The motherly face in the sky and feeling of there being other people with you and trying to urge you to do 'something' are themes that have shown up in quite a few of my recent Salvia trips. I also get the room folding thing but notice it going in and out of the trip.

Yeah, that could be true pupnik!

The motherly face could potentially be down to the stimulation of the k-opioid receptors in the PAG, since it's apparently related to the association of motherly love. Would be interesting to see how many other people saw/heard their mother.
Yeah, the room folding was when I started coming back into the real world.

many times there has been the presence of a mother figure or an aunty type and brothers or cousins
often a rural village scene too

Very interesting stuff. I took a lower dose yesterday, and felt the same womanly presence, helping me get ready for something, as if I was backstage about to preform a show. This time she didnt seem like my mother, but some other woman who I vaguely knew but couldn't pin-point. Will do more reading on this phenomenon, but my current hypothesis is the involvement of k-opioid receptors in the PAG. The whole sensory distortion is no doubt from the receptors present in the claustrum, responsible for the integration of senses.