• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs Safest Current RC Cannabinoid?

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
Greetings my OD brethren!

A fellow BLer and crew member is struggling to come off benzos. He needs to stop using benzos because of the disastrous consequences they are having on him in his life generally right now, considering his current living situation and circumstance.

He has been maintaining well on cannabis, but because he is on methadone in a rather fascist part of the country when it comes to drug and public health policies he is unable to continue using cannabis. If he continues to use cannabis the methadone program he is now in will kick him out and he will probably go back to using heroin, which would be a horrible idea for him and his recovery.

So we are trying to figure out how to keep him in the methadone program, which tests for cannabis, and help him successfully transition off the benzo habit he recently detoxed from (he has been struggling not using benzos given the acute and post acute withdrawal syndrome).

I don't know much about RC cannabinoids these days, but from what I have heard a lot of them are significantly more harmful than the first gen.
What do you think would be the safest RC cannabinoid for him to use?

He'll probably be using them for a number of months, likely about six. I believe he will have enough wherewithal to be able to taper off whatever RC cannabinoid he decides to use when he feels more stable in his recovery.

I am curious as to which RC cannabinoid you all think will be the least morish, one with the fewest side effects that is active enough when properly doses so that it will satisfy his cravings for cannabis. Your thoughts?

Thank you in advance! Here is the thread documenting his current situation.

Most of the synthetic cannabinoids ,also known as k2 that are readily available are extremely dangerous to the point of people dropping dead by just taking one hit. I do not recommend taking, they literally are poison,

^ This.

And most rc's do not have the same medicinal benefits as cannabis. I hope somebody that knows of a good rc comes along and posts, but I do not know of one.

What do you think would be the safest RC cannabinoid for him to use?

I've heard amazing things about AM-2201, although the high can be really intense so the dosage should not be as much as normal cannabis, atleast not until you try it out in small dose first to see how you react. I don't believe it would come up on a drug test but that is for you to look into and research.

Again, I don't know where or how one would source AM-2201 just I've read in a few forums by different uses that's it's one of the best RC cannabinoids.

*Edit*

After doing a little research myself, many people who've used the drug have mentioned it's the closest RC cannabinoid you can get what is like THC, although it's VERY potent and can even cause hallucinations in high doses, apparently 10mg is a good dose and the effects are a very strong body high. Something I should mention is while I was looking, a lot of people said stay well away from RC Cannabinoids as many are very bad for your health and don't really give of the effect of good old cannabis.

I hope I helped or provided some light on the situation. My personally opinion would be to try some diphenhydramine (Benadryl), try a small dose first like 50mg. See how you react and up the dose accordingly. I know it has a lot of stigma around it as it can cause really bad trips but I find smaller doses like 100-200mg can be really relaxing and almost opiate like, and it works wonders for sleep. You feel a bit groggy in the morning but the sleep you get is always amazing, you wake up feeling really refreshed. Oh and the dreams are always like, weird, like I wake up thinking did that actually happen or what it just a dream. I can never judge if it was reality or a dream haha!

Oh yeah just came to me, but would Salvia be an option? A few people have good highs on Salvia, but then again most people have really bad trips on it so yeah...

Further research done, people are saying JWH-018 is relatively safe but seizures can happen as it effects the GABA receptors. Something you'll have to research into yourself.

Last edited:
Most of the synthetic cannabinoids ,also known as k2 that are readily available are extremely dangerous to the point of people dropping dead by just taking one hit. I do not recommend taking, they literally are poison,

I disagree. People are dropping dead because they're taking 100+x the active dose and massively ODing. It's very similar to, say, fentanyl analogues which can be used safely with extensive research and the right background knowledge, but can be easily misused and even lethal if not handled safely. Except it isn't as dangerous as fentanyl. People just need to be smart about dosing.

I can't really elaborate on any specific analogues though. I just recommend doing alot of prior research and to make sure youre able to safely measure your proper doses.

The problem is this: people are buying these packs of k2 at stores, and the k2 itself is way too strong so whoever packaged the k2 sprayed way too much active ingredient on it and are dropping dead, I was in prison and k2 was very popular and I witnessed people dropping and going into comas over one hit off a pinner joint , it's the distributors putting too much RC in the plant mmaterial

^yeah, if you're gonna be using RC cannabinoids, especially with the newer ultra-potent ones, you need to know EXACTLY what you're doing, and never just buy smokeshop blends. Shit, I have an opioid tolerance, but I'd fuck with fent analogues before stuff like this or the nbomes. Just too unpredictable. If anything, OP, have your friend look into natural herbal remedies/"highs" like kava kava.

If this fellow BLer is a 'murrican too, there's a good chance cannabis will be legalized federally quite soon, I know I'm crossing my fingers. Then he can have some medical grade hash oil, and that is some good shit :)

He's specifically asking about safe and well researched usage, as well as pure chemicals the likes of which dosage and proper handling will be known, let's keep unnecessary remarks about dropping dead after one hit as well as adulterated and unknown packets of K2-esque products out of this.

toothepastedog, I wish I could help, but I've been out of the cannabinoid scene for quite some time now. If you have darknet capabilities I would just go ahead and go with JWH-018, the OG one, if that's still around and kicking. If not, I can't be of much help unfortunately. I hope someone who knows their shit comes along. Maybe try one of the legal high forums? Although caution if you do, the big and open to register ones now are thought to be honeypots so definitely do not register in any way that can be tracked back to you or your friend, and only ask about health and not sourcing.

I don't find it an unnecessary remark at all because the average person for example looking for an alternative to marrijiana will most likely buy these packs of k2 as it is SO widespread. Realistically , the average person does not have a lab with pure RC crystals to modify there dose safely, this is harm reduction and as far as I'm concerned,and mentioning k2 packets is very necessary, as you find RC cannabionoids in these packets. For Christ sake the OPs friend is at a methadone clinic and wants synthetic THC, if he goes around looking for that, chances are he will get k2, very good possibility, and I wouldn't be doing my duty as a bluelighter of 12 years if I didn't mention the risk of running into that poison if you have a desire to do RC cannabinoids.

^ this post goes for anyone interested in RC cannabinoids, regardless if the OK knows his shit well enough or not. It wouldnt but mentioning it to the wandering fellow looking for synthetic alternatives.

While that's true OP is also a 6 year member with 5.5 posts so the quite blunt and oversimplified first reply of yours staying to plainly stay away or die is unnecessary and overzealous. Is that HR or D.A.R.E. style tactics? You could have just as easily stated the dangers in a more truthful manner acknowledging anyone else who may be reading this post while making sure OP knows to relay the possibly risks to his friend.

He's specifically asking about safe and well researched usage, as well as pure chemicals the likes of which dosage and proper handling will be known, let's keep unnecessary remarks about dropping dead after one hit as well as adulterated and unknown packets of K2-esque products out of this.

That was actually kind of my point, that even when you know exactly what you're doing, these are dangerous substances, especially compared to something as benign as weed. I have the tolerance and knowledge to use fentanyl analogues, but I don't, because I know one fuck up could kill me.

But you're right that not all are created equal and some are safer than others, but I don't have first hand experience with them so I'll check out now and leave it to those of you who know your 'noids :)

I haven't used cannabinoids in a few months, but it definitely effected my body's reaction to cannabis. I don't get to where I want to be without dank.

toothpastedog, I understand the cannabis and benzo combo very well. The first month smoking dank cannabis, I lowered my Valium dosage by 25%. You can pick up 50 state legal CBD. I've only had liquid CBD and must say it has an effect. I'd at least give that a shot.

I agree with everyone's issue with cannabinoids. Unless you had the proper person get a pure, cannabinoid and actually knew how to mix, without any real hotspots, a person could acquire a weaker then usual HR smoking blend. I have had mellow made cannabinoid smoking blends.

There are blend threads on here.

I played with that shit enough. I must agree with the general dislike of cannabinoids.

There was a time when they were somewhat acceptable afa not garbage.

I like what opiatekrzy had to say. Seeing non HR people abusing mixes that got the most mileage in jail, just got into jail and had very bad reactions, is a point that cannot be overlooked.

Ive smoked blends that were strong enough to make me grab the wall from taking a hit. I felt as I were going to faint. Also that shit can fuck up your dreams(no pun intended).

Most RC cannabinoids have nowhere near the mental "safety" profile as cannabis, especially when vaporized instead of ingested. The fact that most popular ones are potent full agonists of the CB1 receptor makes them significantly different drugs than THC, which is a partial agonist with self-limiting properties. The fact that he has a need for methadone hints towards him having possible problems with self control, which is not a big deal when using/abusing cannabis, but can be psychosis-inducing/anxiogenic/physically dependence-producing when using/abusing RC cannabinoids.

I can't in good faith recommend anyone to take RC 'noids for any reason, but if not doing so means he absolutely won't get on methadone and possibly risk his life by staying on heroin which is increasingly becoming cut with sometimes fatal amounts of fent, then the benefits (one of which being staying alive) might very well outweigh the negatives. It's all about reducing harm overall, it's up to him to gather information and make a rational decision.

My BF's son suffers from permanent anxiety/BP issues from RCCs. He smoked two summers ago , and still has long term complications.

The really, really LETHAL ones are those with a 1-position-even-numbered terminal fluoroalkyl chain, or on the 3-position-a 1-methylvaline-based chain.

Former metabolize to fluoroacetate, but of those with the 3-tert-valinyl chain i don't know the tox mechanism.

Also leelamine is probably going to be a really deadly metabolic poison, due to effects on pyruvate dehydrogenase kianase (its an inhibitor)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leelamine
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyruvate_dehydrogenase_kinase

Last edited:
The problem with synthetic cannabinoids is that physical dependence can occur and withdrawal can be really really bad, so I don't think that it's a good idea for him to use them as six month is a long time, plus this stuff is pretty potent and brings nasty long therm complications

Yeah physical dependency can be nasty, one of the worst is N-cumyl-(5-fluoropentyl)-3carboxamide.

Produces ,massive downregulation of CB1 receptors , may affect 5HT3 (like ondansetron does) so the resulting rebopund is vo9miting so severe it can make you vomit blood, also its extremely potent, like 15-25ug is a POWERFULLY active dose, and its ultrashort acting. The remifentanil of cannabinoids.

Also CP-55,940, is lovely, HU-210 is too but hyperpotent, very very long acting, 24h+. CP47 497 is nice too.