• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

SA/ACT and potentially other Enlighten branches

OK, I'm seriously interested. But I'm at loss on how exactly I'm supposed to help. Can anyone enlighten me? :)

I know you wouldn't want me part of it, but a few event organisers were interested, but the premesis were not. Guess thats the way it is. I'll give out the www anyway to interested people.

OK, i will use this post to say something i have wanted to say for a while..

WHO DO I CONTACT for change in the laws for pill testing to be made legal and laboratory results be made available what politician should i write to, it would be very helpful if we had email addresses postal Addy's names etc. on all the ministers that can make a change to the laws and help with the harm reduction cause..

we need to keep up pressure that there WILL ALWAYS BE DRUG USERS!!!
and we as users want to be safe, and not become a potential statistic, we need to keep at them putting as much pressure as we can...

so if someone would compile a list of all the ministers in each state, with a email and postal address for them we could start putting pressure on them to make the changes that are very much needed and very long overdue!

Stuart: Fantastic idea. We need that sort of list. I'm sure if you spent an afternoon with google you could put it together. And it would be a huge help.

As for an SA branch of Enlighten, to be honest we are putting this idea on hold for the moment. We have to wait and see how the dust settles before seeing if we go ahead. Yes we have always been an illegal operation, but when a Federal Minister is asking directly for you to be arrested, well I want to make sure we have everything sorted before we put anyone else at risk. But if this is anything like the last 4 times this circus has happened I imagine it will all blow over in a week or two.

But there is still a lot that needs to be done, especially ideas like Stuarts. If you have any liek that, and are prepared to do them without constant supervision by us then please do!

I'm prepared to rally for friends' support. But I'm new to Australia and its politics with the politicians' lists...

As JB has touched on it is too early in the piece for us to put in the large amount of hours that would be involved in establishing a SA branch and organising a team when we already have so much work to do locally in VIC. The ACT branch will still go ahead as Code Blue will be assisting us and therefore reducing our workload greatly.

We had full intentions of establishing a local SA branch however JB and I have formed some new ideas which will need to take priority and will add to the already large workload, we cannot afford to spread ourselves so thinly in these crutial next six months.

Last edited:
Queensland RaveSafe have stopped doing any and all of their testing at raves and events. I think they got hit pretty hard and police ended up telling them the testing kits are illegal and what not. This was a good 2-3 years ago now.

Splatt said:
Queensland RaveSafe have stopped doing any and all of their testing at raves and events. I think they got hit pretty hard and police ended up telling them the testing kits are illegal and what not. This was a good 2-3 years ago now.
I'm sure phase can clear this up as he is heavily involved in QLD ravesafe. The kits are not illegal anywhere in Australia.

^^ Please get your facts straight.

Queensland RaveSafe has NEVER tested at any event or venue in the time I've been involved with the project, which has been since 1999. It was talked of, but it never occurred.

Yes, there was some discussions with Police in the early days, and while the matter of event testing was deemed illegal, the kits themselves were not.

Over that period, RaveSafe Qld did conduct a questionnaire on testing, to gauge what people thought of it. The response was overwhelmingly positive as would be expected.

As past Project Coodinator for RS Qld, I have lobbied long and hard with Qld Health and the RS service provider, to have testing at least debated. With Team backing, I also made sure the subject was addressed in every report I prepared (that's all bi-yearly reports between Jan 1999- Dec 2002). However, as also might be expected, there was never any wish by department representatives to further these discussions or recommendations. In fact much was done in effort to silence supporters of testing.

So, please don't post such things as fact without knowing the full story. We have received similar allegations from authorities at various times, which were undoubtedly instrumental in the withdrawing of funding around the end of 2002.