• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Russia will ban the sale of cigarettes to ANYONE born after 2015 as part of health pu

poledriver

Bluelighter
Russia will ban the sale of cigarettes to ANYONE born after 2015 as part of health purge by Putin

Every year 396,700 Russians - mostly men - die of smoking-related diseases
The new law would prevent cigarettes being sold to anyone born under 2015
The idea is that by 2050 the number of people smoking in Russia would be tiny

0010E4C400000258-4105676-image-a-96_1484059353713.jpg

Russia is to ban anyone born after 2015 from buying cigarettes as part of a long-term plan to eradicate smoking in Russia.
The proposal, which has the backing of fitness fan and non-smoker President Vladimir Putin, would make Russia the first country in the world to completely phase out tobacco.
Every year almost 400,000 Russians die of smoking-related diseases but the Tass news agency says the number of smokers has fallen from 41 percent to 31 percent in the last 10 years.

But President Putin and his advisers are keen to stamp out the habit, which is not only bad for Russians' health but also bad for their economy.
Smoking has traditionally been popular in Russia but tobacco is not grown there and, since Soviet times, it has had to be imported from Cuba, Georgia or Central Asia.
Nikolai Gerasimenko, of the Russian parliament's health committee, told The Times: 'This goal is absolutely ideologically correct.'

Kremlin spokesman Dmitri Peskov said the proposed ban would require serious discussion but he said it was a genuine aspiration.
In 2015 it was reported that the Russian parliament was considering banning all women under the age of 40 from buying cigarettes.
Mothers with young children would also be forbidden to buy tobacco under proposals put forward by 42 MPs from the Russian Communist Party.
But this latest proposal, although less radical in the short-term, would have far-reaching consequences in the long term.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rn-2015-health-purge-Putin.html#ixzz4VQCtkiJ8

We are destroying our country's.
The only thing we have is freedom.
Not really freedom is a illusion
I cant even smoke a cig
I know the fucking risks but im to depressed becouse my government fucks me right in my nice ass.

Drug prohibition is working so well in our country, we thought we might try doing the same with tobacco. 8)

I'm sure this will work, there definitely won't be a black market no sir! Everyone in the new generation will be smoke free and no one will have even the slightest urge to smoke, it's flawless!

In all honesty this is good hearted and something should be done in every country about youths and others smoking. The problem is prohibition will never work and it never has worked.