• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Rush of Smoked vs IV fentanyl

NeoLid

Bluelighter
I know usually the rush from IV is much stronger the smoked when it comes to heroin, but is the difference really that big when it comes to fentanyl. Couple reasons why I think it wouldn't as big of a difference.
First the tokes are much smaller so you can take the whole dose in one hit just like IV while with heroin it takes a bit longer to to finish the whole dose making it come on slower.

Second smoked drugs take a shorter path to the brain taking less time to go from lungs to thr brain rather then IV and this could negate some of the difference.

Lastly fentanyl is way more lipid soluble which should mean it'll go from the lungs into the blood much quicker then smoked heroin would.
I could also be very wrong about all this but the main reason I am asking is because I am considering getting some syringes and IVing the fent I have but Im just not sure if its worth it, if the rush will be that much different like it is with IV/Smoked heroin.

I wouldn't do it fet is straight sedation unlike some good ol smack which makes you feel that euphoria right after you shoot it

Be careful if you go that route, cause I remember when I was shooting on an off for a few months, even after just a week of shooting it daily, the next time you smoke , you will feel absolutely NOTHING. You could smoke a whole p2 and you still won’t feel it . It’s just not worth it imo

Smoking is generally safer than shooting - a rough guide,

Fentanyl's logP is 3.26 which is quite high, but nothing like U-47700 with a LogP of 4.85 (one of the reasons it's bioavailability is so good regardless of ROA).

Most certainly fentanyl OD will happen pretty fast so slowing down that intake is all to the good. Avoiding pins is also really important in terms of safety. In the UK I've worked at needle exchanges, People will get orange tops for YEARS and then ask for blue tops to go into the femoral. Few who switch to blue tops seems to last for more than months,

So smoking is safer.

WHY US consumers accept fentanyl is beyond me. Is it vastly cheaper? A point of H in the UK costs £10 but fentanyl essentially has no value. I mean the very desperate will buy.... but the warlords in Afghanistan have ensured that the quality of H is rising so NOBODY would choose fentanyl.

I might add that H is £50/gram for 78% pure material.

Fentanyl's logP is 3.26 which is quite high, but nothing like U-47700 with a LogP of 4.85 (one of the reasons it's bioavailability is so good regardless of ROA).

Most certainly fentanyl OD will happen pretty fast so slowing down that intake is all to the good. Avoiding pins is also really important in terms of safety. In the UK I've worked at needle exchanges, People will get orange tops for YEARS and then ask for blue tops to go into the femoral. Few who switch to blue tops seems to last for more than months,

So smoking is safer.

WHY US consumers accept fentanyl is beyond me. Is it vastly cheaper? A point of H in the UK costs £10 but fentanyl essentially has no value. I mean the very desperate will buy.... but the warlords in Afghanistan have ensured that the quality of H is rising so NOBODY would choose fentanyl.

We are much further away from the source. Just like how the US gets much better/cheaper Cocaine. Distance it needs to travel is important.

-GC

I found that no matter how i took fent weather it was transdermal, eaten, snorted or smoked i just never got a rush from it. I found it completely devoid of any euphoria really. I would rather a few percs over fent tbh

We are much further away from the source. Just like how the US gets much better/cheaper Cocaine. Distance it needs to travel is important.

-GC

I believe the Chinese (and others) have rationalized this because shipping is now so cheap via container freight that it's not the distance but rather the number of transfers and number of potential customs checks that dictate the cost. They will allow for a certain % of material being seized and refer to it as 'the cost of doing business'.

I mean, the biggest shipping agent in the world (MSC) hired and/or threatened entire crews to aid in the smuggling of cocaine. As you may expect, customs only checks containers that are unloaded and so the Balkan gang had been using MSC for several years (and even after several large seizures) because they were still getting 95% of it through.

Cocaine is pretty unique in that it's not practical to produce synthetically, it only grows in a very specific environment and every effort has gone into maximizing the profits.

OT I believe that clofenciclan is biologically the most similar to cocaine (subjectively) but because cocaine is so deeply engrained within western cultures, nobody would be interested in a substitute. Now, I suspect if someone could make a crack substitute for half the price... THEN you might get customers.

As someone who has had fent in pretty much every ROA except IV or IM, smoking provides the most "rush" you'll get. Snorting takes longer to hit (by probably like ~5ish mins anecdotally), and has more of a sedating, but longer (not by too much but it is noticeable) high compared to smoking. I use foil (the non-shiny side is best), for either the stronger stuff I get (white powder) or weaker stuff (fake blue M30s) and I usually am not fully contempt with the outcome but at least it's something when finding anything else is impossible these days. Also, just to mention, it hit a LOT stronger with a LOT more euphoria before I went on (up to 32mg) of subs for a solid 5ish months. However, I am now at least 14+ days off the subs and have used some fent and this still stands, I just have a much higher tolerance now because like 32mg of suboxone is crazy, right?

To sum this all up, I'd recommend just sticking to smoking since I don't think IV use will bring you much, if any benefit when it comes to the rush of euphoria we addicts love. However, I haven't tried it so I cannot say for sure. :)

Injecting fent provides no better rush to smoking it…unlike heroin or other morphine style derivatives

You’re risking IV infections and other IV complications for no reason. And also injecting all the higher temp vaporizing fillers where vaping you’re only inhaling fent and things that vaporize at lower temp

So smoking is safer.

I have shot pure pharma fentanyl and it's such an underwhelming substance. All the effects of heroin, except for EUPHORIA and super short acting. Pure garbage, plus it's so easy to knock urself out. I had a nearly OD at a McDonald's bathroom, fell asleep and they kicked down the door. I immediately stood up and put the rig in my pocket, got the fuvk away b4 they called The cops.

So smoking is safer.

My God man I swear the thought of going on the femoral vein gives me cringe. Those peeps need a hug, some self-respect for their bodies and lots of self-esteem. Altho, at thst point it's very hard to make them change:(