Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Running out of bupe early

subgirl1

Greenlighter
Hi everyone ! I'm hoping someone can give me some ideas...
So I'm on Suboxone films, I get 4mg a day. I get takeaways from my local chemist usually on a fortnightly basis or sometimes every 3 weeks.
So this week Ive managed to fall a week short.
I have no idea what to do as my chemist won't let me get them early again without a doctors note.

What can I say to my doctor ? How do I explain that I've overused and now I'm a week short ?
I can't lose my takeaways as I work full time and genuinely can't go get doses daily.
I'm so stressed as I've only got 2 days worth left and I'm so worried about what to do.

Anyone got any ideas to help me ?

Bupe is pretty potent stuff.
Am i reading this correctly - that you have 8mg to last you a week?
If you allow yourself ~1mg/day, you might be able to stretch it.
If you allow yourself a little more for the first couple of days, I think it is entirely possible that you can stretch what you've got into holding you out of withdrawal.
Just take as little as you can get away with - meaning, if you're not physically in withdrawal, don't take any more.

If you take 2mg, does it fall short of holding you out of WD? If not, just take 2mg today, a little less the next day, and so on.

I'm not exactly sure if it will definitely work - i've never been prescribed bupe, but i have used it for rapid tapers - and i've been able to massively drop my dose without experiencing any discomfort.
Not sure if the same is possible if you're on bupe maintenance, but if you're panicking or worried about being really sick, i think it is worth working out a plan to stretch that shit as far as you can.

It might be worth taking a small dose of loperamide along with the bupe (if it is barely holding you) - but i wouldnt recommend taking huge doses of it, as that can be extremely dangerous.

Good luck - i wish i'd seen this yesterday when you first posted it - but anyway, please let us know how you get on :)

So I'm on Suboxone films, I get 4mg a day. I get takeaways from my local chemist usually on a fortnightly basis or sometimes every 3 weeks.
I have no idea what to do as my chemist won't let me get them early again without a doctors note.

What can I say to my doctor ? How do I explain that I've overused and now I'm a week short ?
I can't lose my takeaways as I work full time and genuinely can't go get doses daily.
I'm so stressed as I've only got 2 days worth left and I'm so worried about what to do.

Anyone got any ideas to help me ?

Hoe many day's worth of subs do you have? Subs has a half life of approximstely 36 hours so you won't feel withdrawal affects untik 3 days aftet your last dose (give or take a few hours as everyone's body n environmental facters are different. That gibes you four days to take care of.

If for instance you have 8 mg (2 x 4 mg) left then I would split that to 2 mg daily for the remainder of the 4 days (basically share your remaining dose between the remaining days. Of course this is not ideal but its only a week n you will still have buprenorphine in your system. It's not so bad if you remember to collect the following week.

Over here we take something called immodium encase of runs so if anyone here knows of the equivelent for where you are, them that will help.

Initially call your doctor, explain the situation but if you've a habit of forgetting to collect your script they may not give you them early again as they msy see it as it's your responsibility to make sure you collect them n a lot of people think that part of recovery from addiction is taking responsibility for things - not just about stopping the substance.

Evey

I'm not sure on this - sounds a massive jump even for a week as she has responsibilities such as work. It may work if she hasn't been on them long then she would get away with doing this others I'd say try to not have them for up to 36 hours (I managed this after 3 years subs n I'm the biggest weakling when it comes to withdrawals. As soon as the WDs hit (n I'm talking to the point they truly affect your life not a slight discomfort) start using what you have n share them equally over the days - ideally aim for the remaining four days.

Then set yourself some form of reminder every week, until your familiar with the routine like it's eating food. I had to do this when zi changed my day from a Monday to a Tuesday as a few times I almost forgot.

Spacey said:
It might be worth taking a small dose of loperamide along with the bupe (if it is barely holding you) - but i wouldnt recommend taking huge doses of it, as that can be extremely dangerous.

awh that's whst I was thinking of - loperamide.

Edit: apologies mods - I meant to paste this on my existing post, instead I've made a new post. Please can you merge them for me?

Evey

If you allow yourself a little more for the first couple of days, I think i

She is on 4mg a day which means she was given 4mg X 14 days - 48mg of suboxone. She has already taken all of her takeway dose, all 48mg.

I have no idea what to do as my chemist won't let me get them early again without a doctors note. What can I say to my doctor ? How do I explain that I've overused and now I'm a week short ?
I can't lose my takeaways as I work full time and genuinely can't go get doses daily. I'm so stressed as I've only got 2 days worth left and I'm so worried about what to do. Anyone got any ideas to help me ?

Why can't you talk to your doctor. It sounds like you're new to the program. Is not unusual for patients to vary their dosage depending on what's happening. You should go to your doctor and ask for your dose to be increased. 4mg a day is a small dose so no one will be alarmed or worried that you've got up by 2.

Your doctor can give you another takeway script although to ally their concerns you could suggest that you'll, for this week only, double dose i.e. you'll go to the chemist for three mornings this week so they can verify you're taking your dose. Once the period is up you go back to your normal takeway arranagement dosing albeit with 2mg extra.

Otherwise you're only option is buy some suboxone on the black market. Though that's not a good recipe as invariably it'll put you back in contact with heroin.

Last edited: