• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

rolling soon, need advice

You can. Everyone who is saying you're going to go upstairs and hug your dad is over-exaggerating. MDMA may make you think you want to go up and hug your dad, but considering the whole point is that you don't want to wake him up - you won't go up and hug him. It's simple.

MDMA (for me) is a substance I can control myself extraordinarily well on. I've rolled in grocery stores without getting any odd looks from parents/workers. As long as you have headphones/a computer, you should have a good time rolling alone (I also like to lay on my bed and think of things regarding spirituality and philosophy - doing that on MDMA can really change you as a person).

EDIT: Also, why am I getting mad deja-vu? I feel like this identical thread was posted like.. 2 month ago.

first, im taking one only.
second, wtf i will lose control so bad i mite wake up my dad? wtf? I thought u could control urself on this stuff

You're not going to wake up your dad. You still know right from wrong. But it's just such a waste for your first time to be alone and stuck in your room. Trust me, I have done it. Going to a rave can amplify the effects by a 1000, seriously. =D

first, im taking one only.

second, wtf i will lose control so bad i mite wake up my dad? wtf? I thought u could control urself on this stuff

You'd be fine(disagreeing with many people here..).
It's a waste(agreeing with what most people are saying).

Just wait till you can be with friends. Being with other people who are rolling their first time is the most fun since you are all experiencing it for the first time.

And make sure to double drop your first times if you're with friends(unless you have some pink superman/yellow dolphin quality pills, which are gone! Pokes don't compare to those..) and want to have a super awesome time!

i've waited for 2 years to be with friends, no i'm not kidding. Either pills weren't in town or I couldn't get out to chill or both. Pills that contain any MDMA are rare around here, and for some reason it's hard to find them anyway. Yeah i've looked hard, but I can't get a ride to go somewhere where a lot of people use X. In any case, I won't have any time to roll with friends in the near future (years) unless I can find a place/time roll in college but that's still probably a year away. I'm dying to experience it, I could care less if I won't be in the best situation. It's the best I can do. I either do it alone or don't do it at all.

I see like 50/50 argument going on here so I'm right where I left off before I made the thread... :/

^ i didn't read all the responses; but my opinion:

-you could roll my yourself your first time no problem, i've done it once and found it much more trippy. this is provided you know (to some degree) that they're clean. cause meth-ish upper pill will have you not really wanting to chill; but i think you should be fine. if your dad talks to you; just act like you pissed about something if they question you, and you can just tell them the next day that you got in an argument with a friend on the phone or something.

but personally i think you should be in a less worrisome enviroment, not that it'll "ruin your roll" like it might a psycedleic trip. but just because you won't have anything to worry about. and as we remember from the movie "Rolling", don't take any E before your supposed to have a mean with you parents. cause not eating a single bite of dinner is weird. haha.

AND HAVE FUN BUDDY ROLLING, when done safely and enjoyably, IS THE BEST SHIT EVVVERRR. HAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAAA.

i've waited for 2 years to be with friends, no i'm not kidding. Either pills weren't in town or I couldn't get out to chill or both. Pills that contain any MDMA are rare around here, and for some reason it's hard to find them anyway. Yeah i've looked hard, but I can't get a ride to go somewhere where a lot of people use X. In any case, I won't have any time to roll with friends in the near future (years) unless I can find a place/time roll in college but that's still probably a year away. I'm dying to experience it, I could care less if I won't be in the best situation. It's the best I can do. I either do it alone or don't do it at all.

I see like 50/50 argument going on here so I'm right where I left off before I made the thread... :/

This might sound a little paternalistic, but it'll pay off to wait. Trust me. Plus in college it might be a little easier to find pills, although a lot of depends where your college is located. But really man, half the fun of doing MDMA is connecting with close friends and being able to dance to crazy EDM music with hundreds of people.

One of my favorite parts of rolling at raves is when you feel in sync with everyone dancing around you. Like when the song builds up, you can feel that everybody's dancing is getting intense and then the drop kicks in and everyone goes crazy together at the same moment. At the same time you feel a connection and shit to everyone around you cause of the MDMA.

^ this is the kind of stuff you want from MDMA, not chilling alone by yourself late at night, worrying if you're going to wake up your parents. You need freedom, friends and lots of good electronic music when on MDMA! =D

^ i didn't read all the responses; but my opinion:

-you could roll my yourself your first time no problem, i've done it once and found it much more trippy. this is provided you know (to some degree) that they're clean. cause meth-ish upper pill will have you not really wanting to chill; but i think you should be fine. if your dad talks to you; just act like you pissed about something if they question you, and you can just tell them the next day that you got in an argument with a friend on the phone or something.

but personally i think you should be in a less worrisome enviroment, not that it'll "ruin your roll" like it might a psycedleic trip. but just because you won't have anything to worry about. and as we remember from the movie "Rolling", don't take any E before your supposed to have a mean with you parents. cause not eating a single bite of dinner is weird. haha.

AND HAVE FUN BUDDY ROLLING, when done safely and enjoyably, IS THE BEST SHIT EVVVERRR. HAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAAA.

Na there's no danger of talking to him, he never ever walks in my room. I plan to do the same thing I did when I started out with pot, I used to chill downstairs (where there's a big room to dance to music or w/e lmao, I got wireless headphones if that's the case) and listen to see when he's up to go to the bathroom, and pretend i'm not down there when I do. Or i'll just roll with wireless headphones in my room. I could even get up and do stuff and he wouldn't bother me.

Whether we like it or not, fight it or accept it...most people fall into the category of having only so many amazing rolls per lifetime. For some it's 10. For some it's 50. At some point, the high changes for most of us.....most, not all. A huge portion of this forum is discussions around tactics to try and bring that newbie roller "magic" back...think about that.

So my advice in enjoying this amazing drug is much like other peoples: WAIT FOR THE RIGHT TIME.

Some people aren't "rave" rollers, some people roll their balls off and never have enjoyed electronic music at all. Rolling is very personal, but one factor that may be universal is that it's extremely social and intimate at the same time. Doing it alone won't suck, but you will likely be using one of the best rolls your chemistry will allow you to experience at home in your room, trying to restrain yourself in some fashion out of fear of your dad. Paranoia IS possible on MDMA.

Being selective about the event, people, and atmosphere you will have around you is essential with MDMA.

So basically, I'm saying- SHARE THE LOVE. Enjoy it with people you trust who are on it. Go to the beach, the park....anywhere pleasant. I do recommend music highly, but what type should be up to you. I'd even suggest picking up music you haven't heard before as this will always remind you of rolling andit will be deliccccciousss when you hear it again sober.

Whether we like it or not, fight it or accept it...most people fall into the category of having only so many amazing rolls per lifetime. For some it's 10. For some it's 50. At some point, the high changes for most of us.....most, not all. A huge portion of this forum is discussions around tactics to try and bring that newbie roller "magic" back...think about that.

So my advice in enjoying this amazing drug is much like other peoples: WAIT FOR THE RIGHT TIME.

Some people aren't "rave" rollers, some people roll their balls off and never have enjoyed electronic music at all. Rolling is very personal, but one factor that may be universal is that it's extremely social and intimate at the same time. Doing it alone won't suck, but you will likely be using one of the best rolls your chemistry will allow you to experience at home in your room, trying to restrain yourself in some fashion out of fear of your dad. Paranoia IS possible on MDMA.

Being selective about the event, people, and atmosphere you will have around you is essential with MDMA.

So basically, I'm saying- SHARE THE LOVE. Enjoy it with people you trust who are on it. Go to the beach, the park....anywhere pleasant. I do recommend music highly, but what type should be up to you. I'd even suggest picking up music you haven't heard before as this will always remind you of rolling andit will be deliccccciousss when you hear it again sober.

Like I said... this is not an option that will present itself anytime in the near future. I've waited so long for the "right moment", it never came. I simply don't have the 8-10 hours or w/e you need to roll. I might get 6 hours during the day, but it'll have to be at a local small area (other ppl around) and I assume there will be an afterglow, in both physical (pupil dilation) and psychological effects which I don't want to confront my parents with. Plus 6 hours isn't enough anyway. (and the crash will be pretty sketchy) You can say i'm disrespecting my parents, but tbh that dosen't mean much to me coming from a person who knows nothing about them. It's a completely opinionated and narrow-viewed statement anyway.

I see your point. =)

The thing to keep in mind- MDMA is amazing. For me, and many others, you will feel compelled to want to do it again. Maybe not the next 4 days or something, but you will want to do it again, once you've tried it....and as a roller of 1 year myself, I really want you to be able to enjoy it in the ideal place at some point. Most people on this forum would pay good money for your virginal brain chemistry if they could buy it! LOL

Just don't think about it and let the high take over your body. I would reccomend just sitting in your bed with a ipod and drinks if your gonna be trying to keep it on the dl.. try to avoid contacts with your parents as your eyes will look like rockets.

PS. To be fair....I know plenty of experienced rollers that love "solo rolls".....they set up their rooms, homes...super comfortable....they actually prefer it as an intimate drug with oneself sort of a thing.

I think we all can't imagine rolling in any other environment than the one we always choose to roll in- I go to clubs and events. Some people do it at home with a select group of friends. Some go to Disneyland. LOL

Last edited:
thx for the advice. The time isn't for awile anyway. Btw, yay i'm a bluelighter now lol.

EDIT: I guess not?

heaps of valid points. the paranoia thing is definitely possible. i've had it once, i work in a nightclub, and i went there on a night off for an event and rolled some of the best pills i've had, but i kept freaking out whenever my boss came within 15-20 metres and ran off. was an awesome night though once i chilled out and realised he didnt give a fuck.

I'm dying to experience it, I could care less if I won't be in the best situation.

If your goal is just to get high on something, there are plenty of other drugs that are better suited for chilling out alone in your room. Take a step back for a minute and look at the situation. Remember that for psychedelics, the key to an optimum situation are set and setting. Right now it seems like you have a bad set (OMG I gotta get high!) and a worse setting (alone, unable to make noise or move around much). Your experience is likely to be decidedly mediocre because you are far too constrained. Pills last for a very long time, so waiting won't really harm them.

Get together with some friends who you want to do it with and start plotting with them. Look for concerts, raves, or even just local parties - any of these are a good place to do MDMA with each other. Or you could organize a camping trip, and roll secluded in nature with your friends. Also, most major effects are generally gone by the 5 hour mark, so if you're worried about interacting with your parents during the afterglow, just tell them you're feeling sick/tired and want to go to bed.

Now if after reading this you still are adamant about rolling alone, the things I would recommend are:

1. Take a nice bath/shower (not too hot, though).
2. Eat something light, but delicious. Sorbet, a smoothie, mousse, etc are all good things to eat because they're light enough that you can get them down and will taste extra delicious.
3. If you have any sort of personal massager, it will feel wonderful.
4. Wear the softest clothes you have.
5. Don't forget the chill music + headphones
6. If you can get it up, masturbation is highly recommended. (I found the physical/touch effects tend to last longer than the mental effects, so if you can't get it up during the peak, try again in an hour or two, and you it should still be really nice).
7. When you start peaking, dance to this.
8. Don't wake up your dad ;)

Also, remember to drink some gatorade (NOT WATER), and don't let yourself get too warm.

Last edited:
Dayman- Queen is my favorite band, good song =) Great advice too.

If your goal is just to get high on something, there are plenty of other drugs that are better suited for chilling out alone in your room. Take a step back for a minute and look at the situation. Remember that for psychedelics, the key to an optimum situation are set and setting. Right now it seems like you have a bad set (OMG I gotta get high!) and a worse setting (alone, unable to make noise or move around much). Your experience is likely to be decidedly mediocre because you are far too constrained. Pills last for a very long time, so waiting won't really harm them.

Get together with some friends who you want to do it with and start plotting with them. Look for concerts, raves, or even just local parties - any of these are a good place to do MDMA with each other. Or you could organize a camping trip, and roll secluded in nature with your friends. Also, most major effects are generally gone by the 5 hour mark, so if you're worried about interacting with your parents during the afterglow, just tell them you're feeling sick/tired and want to go to bed.

Now if after reading this you still are adamant about rolling alone, the things I would recommend are:

1. Take a nice bath/shower (not too hot, though).
2. Eat something light, but delicious. Sorbet, a smoothie, mousse, etc are all good things to eat because they're light enough that you can get them down and will taste extra delicious.
3. If you have any sort of personal massager, it will feel wonderful.
4. Wear the softest clothes you have.
5. Don't forget the chill music + headphones
6. If you can get it up, masturbation is highly recommended. (I found the physical/touch effects tend to last longer than the mental effects, so if you can't get it up during the peak, try again in an hour or two, and you it should still be really nice).
7. When you start peaking, dance to this.
8. Don't wake up your dad ;)

Also, remember to drink some gatorade (NOT WATER), and don't let yourself get too warm.

If the pill is good enough it will block out your paranoia luckily
and why do it at home alone? ecstasy is a lot more fun with friends and music, having to be quiet and lowkey is a kill itself