• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Rolling and Teenagers

mrsmitconh said:
The line must be drawn somewhere! So is 10 ok? or is it 15?
I think most people agree based on experience that at the age of 15 or 16 you are hardly emotionally stable enough to start experimenting with [hard?] drugs.

I say this based on MY experience. I've lived in a life surrounded/consumed by drugs and those who entered the cycle early have far worse long term issues than those who entered later and had self control .. what is it ... the realisation you are not invincible, or maybe you have a family to look after or maybe just they had grown up a little and didn't have as much to prove.

The younger people have sex the earlier the pregnancy ... for me the same is true with drugs ... the earlier young people consume the earlier they get fucked up .. before they have even grown up ... so yes a line must be drawn!

Responsible drug use is a fantastic idea but in practise it's not hugely successful. Young people are far more likely to be irresponsible than older people for a multitude of reasons and those older abusers tend to be just younger abusers than have gotten older.

i wouldn't say the line has to be drawn anywhere. you can have whatever opinion you want when it comes to all this, but tellin anyone they definatly can't do any drugs until they become a certain age is stupid. even if it's a mistake, let people make their own mistakes. it's no ones fucking buisness to make sure anyone else does what they feel is right in this respect.

then again people telling me what to do has never gone over very well.

swifty said:
I feel that people should wait until late teens early twenties to do it, that way "most" are governed by a job or schooling of somekind that makes them use drugs responsibly, because the initial honeymoon period of mdma can be overbearing and take control of your life (it did for me anyway). I'm glad I waited until 18 or whenever it was to start because I know I woulda been a statistic had I started much earlier.

That said, kids will try everything if they can get their hands on it, so what can you do??

I think you should replace "kids" with "people interested in drugs" will try everything they can get their hands on. people keep saying "kids" because most people are young when they first come into contact with this shit, but find some 40 year old man havin a midlife crisis who never fucked with shit his hole life and tell me he won't end up fuckin with any random thing he can come across.

then again a lot of kids are fucking stupid. but they will just grow up to be stupid adults so I'm not worried about it.

Here's the thing, I know that when I was younger I was definately influenced by my friends, I really didnt start seriously experimenting with drugs until I was 18 and had already graduated, but at that time I had set in my mind the "drug line" not to cross....at 18 I didnt think I was ready to do coke or E, so I just didnt, even though my friends had it, I didnt care. Anyway, everyone is going to do what they want to do regardless....but if you say there shouldnt be a "line" stating when its ok to do drugs...how many 11 year olds do you want getting their hands on some E? So yes, there should be a moral line with everyone.

yepyepwoah said:
i wouldn't say the line has to be drawn anywhere. you can have whatever opinion you want when it comes to all this, but tellin anyone they definatly can't do any drugs until they become a certain age is stupid. even if it's a mistake, let people make their own mistakes. it's no ones fucking buisness to make sure anyone else does what they feel is right in this respect.

then again people telling me what to do has never gone over very well.

I respect your opinion which you are entitled to.
It's a difficult line to draw but in my opinion it should be. We are already told we can't use drugs and this isn't exclusive to young people.

I feel that young people should not have access to harder drugs because they are very easily influenced and at an emotional waypoint in their lives. You take the greatest risks in life when you have little to lose i.e. far fewer responsibilities.

The folks that come here I'm sure for the most part are pretty responsible but that doesn't mean everyone is!

BilZor commented that there is no biological or behavioural reason to draw the line with regard age. I disagree there are behavioural and emotional reasons why young people should not be exposed to drugs too early. Risk taking behaviour is far more likely by young people.

Maybe I'm wrong and my experiences/observations are not representative but it's my opinion.

I started rolling a few days after turning 14,two years later and im still going grand,depends on how mature you are I quess.

Started Doing E at 14, and im now 18. Theres not much i regret, other than I wish that I would have done it, for my first time, in a better enviornment.

mrsmitconh said:
I respect your opinion which you are entitled to.
It's a difficult line to draw but in my opinion it should be. We are already told we can't use drugs and this isn't exclusive to young people.

I feel that young people should not have access to harder drugs because they are very easily influenced and at an emotional waypoint in their lives. You take the greatest risks in life when you have little to lose i.e. far fewer responsibilities.

The folks that come here I'm sure for the most part are pretty responsible but that doesn't mean everyone is!

BilZor commented that there is no biological or behavioural reason to draw the line with regard age. I disagree there are behavioural and emotional reasons why young people should not be exposed to drugs too early. Risk taking behaviour is far more likely by young people.

Maybe I'm wrong and my experiences/observations are not representative but it's my opinion.

you're probably right or at least half right on a lot of points.

all I really care about is this, do you THINK people should be presented with all the information etc, and choose to wait on their own til a certain age, or do you belive in government type age restrictions where people are forced to live their lives on someone else's opinion (however wrong or right it might be).

choice one we can be cool
choice two and well... nah.

Age really doesn't have anything to do with it.. I think the maturity level should be the deciding factor. There could be a very immature 19 y/o and a very mature 16 y/o... both rolling. Who will make the better decision, and be responsible about it? Probably the 16 y/o.

I just see it as the more you fuck around during your adolescent years, the more you will have to struggle becoming successful. Which I hope is everyone's ultimate goal. Life isn't all about E (or any other drug).... That leads to nowhere....

im 15 right now and i started rolling last summer. i was well educated about it but i figured it wouldnt apply to me or something. ive cut back but ive done it almost 40 times now. the worst part about it, other than depression every now and then, is tolerance. ive completely wasted all my good e highs and the feeling just isnt the same anymore. Im glad i did it but i shouldnt have wasted myself like that.

Is there a point to this thread. Fact of the matter is if a teen wants to do something then they're pretty much gunna do it. Saying you shouldent do drugs before ur 18 or wot not i mean really u shouldent be doin ecstasy in the first place its illegal and of course its not good for you(nothing ever is these dayz). Really if a teen wants to do it, you cant stop them. You can say they are making a bad decision - they arent gunna listin to you. How many times have I been told about people dying and how drugs are so bad for you. Yet I still do them because i feel that no harm is coming from it. Its kind of a funni subject actually.

Look Teenagers are gunna roll wether u like it or not or wether its gunna kill em or not. Its like look - theres a age limit of drinking for the same reasons becuase they dont want teenagers to do this drug called alcohol.
How many teenagers these dayz drink. Allmost everyone. Sit here all you want and say yeh its bad its good if u do it correctly. Either way teenagers & adults alike will keep doing it. All you can do is focus on that harm reduction stuff making sure if they are gunna do it they get the best out of it.

BilZ0r said:
*Lets have fun drawing arbitrary lines in the sand*

Even by looking in this thread you can see that it doesn't matter if youre 13 or 30, people use MDMA irresponsibley, while conversly, teenagers can use MDMA very responsibley.

It's naive to say "at 17 its bad, but at 18 it's good".

I agree, and people are most of the time going to believe that the way they did it is best(it's in our selfish nature I guess), it doesn't matter if they have proof for that or not, they did/do it the right way and the rest fucked up.

I smoke weed since my 15 and it definitely changed/damaged me... I can't keep my thoughtloop from running non-stop anymore, especially when I need to concentrate on one single thing(listening to something, reading/learning) which turns me into a staring, thinking "lazy" when I need to get something accomplished..my family has a history of light ADD but I don't know.. I think weed partially worsened it

I don't notice any negative effects of E yet, it has drastically improved my quality/vision of life and that sure overlaps all the negative effects I might be feeling otherwise

i took it first at 16, every second weekend basically since then and now at 19 can see it has definitely messed with my head. I finished school ok and don't wish i'd never started, but had i later i may have been more in control of my use.

(edit) not happy with my position at the moment but pills are too in my routine to stop.

Yes of course "young people" are more likely to engange in highly risky behaviour... some young people do and some don't. What age does one stop being a "young person" and start being an "old person"? Why say "young people" (whatever that is) shouldn't take MDMA, because some young people tend to be more risky? Why not instead say "People who tend to be more risky shouldn't take MDMA"?

Again, there is no biological or behavioural reason to draw a line. There is no age, and especially no birthday, where all of a sudden, risk taking behaviour ceases.

from 16-18 I did it most weekends upwards to 15-20 a week. I just wished I could have more controll. But when the drinks in...

firstly how did u afford 15-20 a week at 16??? i agreee i spose after reading all that, that there should be some age that dealers (i know they are just interested in money BUT) think ok i not selling to a 12 year old, but like with alcahol if they want it they will get someone to buy it for them... but there is no way n e of that will happen, just hope when im 19 i dont look back in regret

ive been doing E for 2 years now , since i started highschool, i never popped that much , like once a month , till i went clubbing , then i popped maybe 2 times a week for a month, then off and on, ever since i started doing harder drugs, ive became a better person. im on honor roll and havent got in trouble in school or with the law in the last year,. , i started using harder drugs . I.E - K , Cocaine, E, Speed a bunch of shit, but i never went on binges or anything , if anything they made me realize how important life is , and how great it can be. im against drinking though and ciggarettes.

i actually find alcohol/marijuana hit more taxing on my mind. btw im currently 16, first dropped when i was 14, picked it up again only recently a year ago?