• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Rolling Alone

meister

Bluelighter
I know how E is supposedly the ultimate social drug, or at least at first it is, but I think rolling alone is best. Pre-loading with 5-htp does make it work better, but can also make it work weirder. The best is smoking some before your pills start working. It feels like its significantly more potent and enjoyable when alone, though it can lead to talk-to-yourself syndrome. It seems more sincere and real when you roll solo.

rolling alone?? i dunno about that...seems to be a waste for me but im just social so i dont know ;) anyways have fun if thats what you like ;)
ashley

Rolling alone??? sounds like a big waste of time to me, why would you bother..

mabey it's not a waste when there is something to be GAINED from the experence. Seems like you are trying to put the drug into a box. Not everyone is the same.

I agree with Mman, I've only rolled alone one time, and while i personally don't think it compares nearly as much to rolling with friends and people you care for, I certainly wouldn't say its a waste of time, everyone has their own thing. If you enjoy rolling by yourself go for it, just keep everything safe and remember moderation and your fine.
Enjoy and be safe!
trips

done it a couple times. can be really good, can also be no good. set and setting are way more important. natural elements are good: one time, for instance, there was a full-on hurricane hitting, which made things kinda umm, intresting. another time, it was the coldest, stormiest night of the winter. gnarly-crazy outside. but so, SO warm inside.

Hey personally I love to take e alone, I find it is a lot of fun and I like to be able to think when I take it and fully concentrate on the feelings, sometimes when I have taken it with other people I havent felt it as much and people have kind of distracted me from the feelings and made it not as good. I do like to take it with a small group of friends and enjoy it with them, I think it is quite good as a social drug but since I have taken it alone a lot I have grown to prefer that, maybe im more used to doing it alone and feel more comfortable.
You might like to read this

meister.. i gotcha i dont think it would be a waste but never done it but want to just not yet had a chance. cause when you are by yourself nobody will interfer with what your thinking and you will get deep inside your brian and see what you truly feal. and i think that is really good for people to do.

I see this topic and I cringe! The only way I could roll alone is if I'm coming down and I've got my guitar to keep me entertained. On the comeup?! Kiss my ass, I'm with at least one person who can hold a conversation!

i guess thats the point. Without some one else to talk to, you turn to yourself. It can really be used for introspection which is all usually very helpfull in destressing and sometimes confidence building. It feels like I some what reacquaint myself with myself. Some residual happiness can last up to 2 days for me if its real pure mdma.

I have never done this on purpose but must say one thing is for sure:
if you expect to be with people and are not then it is not good
I think a personal experience could only be good if you are looking for and expecting one.
E.g in my dream a couple of weeks ago (forum guidelines) I was just coming down with my flatmate, and thought it was over so we both went to bed, i was just going to sleep and then... -- BANG im rolling like a nutter, go to the mirror dilated mental, anyway I just didnt know what to do.
I had a shower - pretty good i must say, but still didn't really journey inside myself or anything - nothing like i had with shrooms (in another dream).
Because I was not expecting the situation I did not know how to handle it and was not very clever about it.

Well my friends, I'm here to tell you I LOVE rolling alone. I'm not a loner by nature but I've always found with E that I prefer small house parties to larger venues. Or even big house parties. But I also enjoy doing it alone. For me it can be as personal as prayer, as intimate as sex, and as enlightening as meditation.
I'm a very self-assured and playful person so when I do it alone I'm bound to do anything. And I've become pretty experimental. One of my new favorites is throwing on some ICY-HOT throwing on warm clothes and going and jogging a mile. I have this one trick where I convince my self I'm flying (guided meditation with my own voice). I can be as silly as I want (And I'm REALLY SILLY) and not have to worry about getting hauled off to the Loony Bin. And I would, imagine a guy with a jury rigged battery pack and hundreds of christmas lights strapped to him doing cartwheels at rave. I'm sure it's been done but you know....
I just enjoy always being myself and myself on rolls is pretty friggin goofy. So I prefer to do it alone. It's fun. Sometime before you down my opinion try getting a book on meditative breathing and do it while rolling with your eyes and ears covered so you can't see and here. If you don't enjoy it....I'll be surprised.
Later Kids

I've done it once and kinda enjoyed in the beginning. But it got old real quick. After an hour I was calling everyone I knew just to have some human contact.
Probably won't do it again.

I think, as someone said similar above, that it's the purpose that makes the difference. The time I "just tried it", the same thing happened to me: I was going into chat rooms and calling people just for the contact. But the time I had a definite reason for doing it, to do introspection and all that good stuff, it worked very well that way. You have to be intending to do it, and for a reason.

Ive never done it! But from reading what some of you guys wrote, it sounds like im missing out. I'm just pretty sure that Id end up going out anyway- i dont know if i could handle staying by myself the whole time, as i love touching and listening to people talk so much. But I'd definately give it a go.

I've never rolled alone and I don't plan on it. I've rolled with people when no one else was rolling and I didn't even like that. I just like to be around a large group of people so I can meet people and talk and I like it when other people around me are rolling as well, because it's good to have people feeling the same way you are. Heh, roll solo, with one buddy or with your whole crew, just have fun!
MiXie

I've rolled alone at home almost exclusively this last year. Mostly due to the fact that none of my friends want/can do E, and I don't like doing it at raves cause there are too many variables that can go wrong.
The first time I did it I HATED it. I really wanted someone to talk with. But as I've gotten more used to it, I can sit back and just enjoy the whole experience.
Lying down with my headphones on and feeling the oncoming roll is a lot of fun. I'll go and sit in my shower for a while and that can be quite the experience. Later, I'll lie down again and listen to music more quietly in the background.

I only done it once and found it to be a very new experience.. Very different to the rave scene.. I had to test some pills for a big event that was coming up so I decided to try b4 I buy.. Got lots of pillows and put on live sets and had the computer running visualization.. Probably on of the best night by my self I had ever had.
Definitely not a waste of time!