• [img]http://i.bluelight.org/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.org/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

What 23

Ex-Bluelighter
Robocop_poster.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RoboCop_(2014_film)

Last edited:
File under category "Is Nothing Sacred?"
Robocop came out in 1987. Robocop is Peter Weller. A Robocop with a fucking bare hand is no Robocop I know. Fuck that shit.

robo-banner-9-12.jpg

RoboCop I have seen countless times.
First saw it at my friend Mike's house.

I like this one. Its not the same RoboCop. I don't put it in direct competition, if I can say that. I accept both.

I wish drugs weren't considered criminal, though. But that's a reality of our world, so I understand it as a plot device, although it was somewhat- at least minor, relative to the overall story.

I like the hand.

So have you seen it or...? The hand might make sense if you do see it.

Do you know that the original is also a "reimagining"?

Last edited:
I'm interesting in seeing it. I think that the fact that I haven't seen the original since I was a kid will help me not immediately dismiss it.

Anyone else see Samuel L. Jacksons interview?

Verhoeven's prowess and genius with Robocop will be hard to equal... Not tempted seeing this one for these reasons, sorry. So many masterpieces to watch...

Even if it is a good film I doubt it surpassed the original.

^Haha.

RoboCop I have seen countless times.
First saw it at my friend Mike's house.

I like this one. Its not the same RoboCop. I don't put it in direct competition, if I can say that. I accept both.

I wish drugs weren't considered criminal, though. But that's a reality of our world, so I understand it as a plot device, although it was somewhat- at least minor, relative to the overall story.

I like the hand.

So have you seen it or...? The hand might make sense if you do see it.

Do you know that the original is also a "reimagining"?

I didn't mean my post to be antagonistic. I've just had it with remakes. People being sick of remakes is a subject matter that I don't think anyone wants to hear me go on about.
I have not seen it. I was going to write that I'm gonna give it a chance but then I saw that Robocop is the wigger cop from The Killing....
With all my bitching out of the way, I can now say that I am pretty sure I'll see it when it comes round on HBO or Starz or whatever. Not before, though.
I was aware that it was a reimagining. From what I've read, it's a point in the 2014 films favor that they were brave enough to separate themselves enough from the '87 film and made, to a degree, a Robocop of their own. So, that's good.
So, yeah. I wasn't trying to begrudge you the right to liking the new movie. Just putting in my two cents.

I about missed this. Haha.

@95Land... No worries man. I didn't really take it as such. Lots of people have been sort of against it. I think I read that Peter Weller was iffy. For me, the fact of what it was up against actually helped it out in ways. But still, I was impressed.

I tend to try to like things. To be honest, I am wondering if this didn't tackle some of the things that the old Robo did, but better. Some parts felt more developed. Or maybe it is just more believable for the now, like how he came to be in the first place- there seems to be a lot more into that development.

Still, I have no idea what any sequel would be like. Have the same feelings for a sequel possibly as I did this one.. But I was wanting the story to continue at the end.

Last edited:
One thing is for certain: If I had to have a bodily prosthesis, I would easily choose the new one over the old one.

He can jump... pretty high/far. And run.

This is just weird, probably, but in response to the above, about losing his penis... I see no real reason why he can't also have a "soft" body, including a penis. But, that may be next next gen to the tech shown.
One thing I found cool about this incarnation was that his body is modular. Parts of his body were designed fall away for ease of maintenance and possible incorporation of other parts, as shown in one scene where he is made aware of just what is left of him. Pretty much everything minus his organics (head/brain, trachea, lungs, right hand) and what maintains them, can fall away/be replaced. Its rather interesting, and allows options.

With the tech such as machine human interface/interlacing on such an intimate level as portrayed, there is really no reason, in this universe, why he and his wife could not still share that kind of connection... If not with a prosthesis yet, some kind of VR.

Last edited:
^There's something very not-Robocop about that. Certainly part of what lent the original some substance emotionally(?) was that they'd reanimated him believing that he would have no ability to recall his past life. When the memories returned, it nearly broke him, because his wife was dead, for one thing, and even if she wasn't, he was now much more machine than man.
I'm not gonna claim it was legitimately poignant. I don't know. Isn't the wife alive and fine in this one? Seems like that element of the story must just not be there?
IDK. I think I need to leave this thread alone now. You, Mr 23, like this version as well as the old one. And I'm bitching about a film I've never seen cause I was enamored with the original when I was a lad. That's kinda that.
So, seeing that I won't see this until at least when the DVD comes out, could you tell me about why the hand being bare is legit? Beyond giving him the ability to wank?:) I'm just curious.

I would not say "as well". I was a child and RoboCop was kind of groundbreaking for me. Sparked imagination. I think it was my first R rated movie. I watched it weekly it seemed like. My friends and I at times marched around comedically singing "dun dun dun dun dun, dun dun dun dun dun , dundundundundun dunnn..".

Uhh. But I don't compare it the same way.

His wife dead in old iteration? She was alive.

I see them both as expressions. Like one guys laugh or cry is not the others.

Hand... This RoboCop has a softer touch. He remains a part of his family. He cries. Saying he is more human feels wrong definitely but how its expressed is different. ...His visor only comes down when engaging/threatened. There is more face acting here.

Definitely not a replacement, and although its hard not to be in competition, like I keep saying, I try not to. Some things untouchable to do "the same". Some things are done better... Or at least done.

Last edited:
^Why do I have a vivid mental picture of his family being killed? WTF. I think my memories are intertwined with Punisher comics. Or something....

The original Robocop is a fucking classic. This new movie sucked ass. Period.