• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Roadside testing - why can they take my DNA without a warrant?

HKilo

Bluelighter
Sorry if there is a thread for this already, i couldn't find one specific to this topic.

My question is this: If i get stopped at a roadside drug swab test and test negative, why can i not take that swab with me when i drive off?
I know they say it's so they can send it off for further testing, but that just say's to me that they don't trust the roadside tests themselves.

If i was ever accused of a crime, say murder and the cops wanted my DNA, they would need a warrant
If a girl i used to date says her kid is mine and i need to pay support, they need a warrant to get me DNA to prove that.

So why can i be stopped while driving and forced to give away my DNA without a crime being committed? If i refuse the test i will get the book thrown at me.
Am i missing something here?

Don't know how it is over there but in the US we have to consent to it when we are given a driver's licence. In small print it says that by them issuing said driving privaleges that we consent to all roadside testing and failure to do so is grounds for suspension.

Gotta read the fine print. It may not be like that where you are though. Call and ask the agency that issues your drivers licenses.

Don't know how it is over there but in the US we have to consent to it when we are given a driver's licence. In small print it says that by them issuing said driving privaleges that we consent to all roadside testing and failure to do so is grounds for suspension.

Gotta read the fine print. It may not be like that where you are though. Call and ask the agency that issues your drivers licenses.
Thanks, i will follow this up

It's still not right to me, a small piece of fine print and they can collect every drivers DNA for a data base.

Its still a civil rights violation
never holds up in court

It doesn't seem like we have many civil rights left in Aus

Re Covid - There is no more contact tracing going on, so why do we need to "check in" whenever entering a shop? (That's a subject for a different thread)

We haven't had civil rights in Australia in a very long time. CO-19 has just made it more blatantly obvious. Our government is corrupt as fuck, essential services such as hospitals poorly funded and our cops are 99% wankers. Except maybe the one who let me off on an assault charge last year because I had paperwork in the car from workcover proving I was mentally unwell so they had no case and the fuckstick who hit my GFs car got a free knuckle sammich.