• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Ritalin plus grapefruit juice combos

Worldtuplet

Greenlighter
Taking Ritalin and grapefruit juice orally is ok.
can snorting Ritalin and then drinking grapefruit enhance it ?

I think the grapefruit industry has played a big fat trick on us drug addicts man. Damn you Dole! I totally understand the process and mechanism behind all of this and even acknowledge its truth, but the difference comes mainly like this: does it actually change our experience to such an extenet that going to the store and buying a grapefruit or grapefruit juice every time you use drugs has a real point, I think not.

Like how there are an infinite number of potential points between two points, I believe that this experiment didn't necessarily register some kind of major change, but may have just registered some kind of verifiable change that may have registered on their instruments but would otherwise be too blunt for us to really comprehend.

I think the grapefruit industry has played a big fat trick on us drug addicts man. Damn you Dole! I totally understand the process and mechanism behind all of this and even acknowledge its truth, but the difference comes mainly like this: does it actually change our experience to such an extenet that going to the store and buying a grapefruit or grapefruit juice every time you use drugs has a real point, I think not.

Like how there are an infinite number of potential points between two points, I believe that this experiment didn't necessarily register some kind of major change, but may have just registered some kind of verifiable change that may have registered on their instruments but would otherwise be too blunt for us to really comprehend.
Indeed, if there is something in the fruit.

It doesn't matter if you are accustomed to the effect's of the drug in question. My pack of Midazolam, only 10 tabs of 7.5mg, says not to take them with Grapefruit juice, as if that matter's or has big influence.

It doesn't ime.

Its funny looking back on these posts telling people that grapefruit is a potentiator of methylphenidate. Im interesred in which sadistic doctor or just person started spreading this rumor that couldnt be further from the truth, ruining decades of peoples ritalin buzz. Very ironic that the emzyme in fresh grapefruits shuts down the enzyme in our body that processess and use the methylphenidate for several days as well. This of course would make the drug inert and taking it almost pointless. Not might completely kill the buz but deff dampens it

Its funny looking back on these posts telling people that grapefruit is a potentiator of methylphenidate. Im interesred in which sadistic doctor or just person started spreading this rumor that couldnt be further from the truth, ruining decades of peoples ritalin buzz. Very ironic that the emzyme in fresh grapefruits shuts down the enzyme in our body that processess and use the methylphenidate for several days as well. This of course would make the drug inert and taking it almost pointless. Not might completely kill the buz but deff dampens it
What do you mean? I don't think that methylphenidate is a prodrug

You are correct in that it is not a prodrug but your body still needs to be able to know how to interact with the ingested substance if the only enzyme responsible for this is shut off by something your body just passes the substace through and out of you.... aspertaime for example artificial sweetener. Its like sugar but its not so your body cant use it. Its bassically the principle of how it is zero calories and also recently discovered to be a mild carcinogen. Our bodys dont like things that it cant metabolize and it eventual can cause cancer. I forgot the name of the enzyme that we need for metabolizing methylphenidate but its the same one that deactivates for up to a week after ingesting the specific enzyme found in grapefruit. At first scientist probably notices the 2 enzymes interacting and came to a conclusion that it was synergistic. Well decades later just as science always goes new discoveries occur with advances in technology destroying the theories we believed to be fact. If you want message me ill find the research for you later

If a chemical is active in its initial state without metabolism and is able to cross the blood brain barrier, liver enzymes don't matter. The drug will get into plasma and transported to the brain. The enzymes that grapefruit juice deactivate could either turn an inactive chemical into an active one or the other way around. If a drug is normally metabolized by that enzyme then it will actually be in the system for longer because one pathway to removal has been shut down.

If no active metabolite is formed then I don't see a way that deactivating the enzyme would deactivate the drug somehow. Only if you deactivate active transport or have something that's competing for binding

Things that don't get metabolized don't necessarily lead to cancer, generally carcinogens are mutagenic meaning they cause genetic mutations which lead to issues with overactive cell division for example