• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Ritalin IR - how to make into a nasal spray?

Juicewrldfan

Bluelighter
First, would it be effective stored like that? I know it’s highly water soluble so that should f be an issue at all. It’s just I read the d isomer doesn’t make it past first pass very well.

Wouldn’t this prevent that? I have a nasal spray I bought for congestion I could use that the top comes off and I could use it.

Would I just mix with water? Would it keep for a few weeks? Or bad idea?

My goal here is to just use to for improving performance so medically.

Hey @Juicewrldfan

I'm not aware of any significant issues regarding first-pass metabolism as it relates to Methylphenidate (Ritalin). I've also used Methylphenidate previously by both the oral and intranasal route of administration. I never noticed anything that made me feel the Methylphenidate was more potent to a significant degree between these two different ROA's. I only experienced the faster onset of effects that you would expect.

Immediate-release Methylphenidate is almost always going to be the standard Hydrochloride Salt without any of the weird/fancy stuff you might encounter in controlled-release products like Concerta (Hard, Plasticy Pellets). It should dissolve readily in water and be relatively stable in the solution. If you're worried about stability, just give the container a shake before using like you would a bottle of steak sauce. This will make it prety much homogenous regardless of the solubility.

For anything that goes in your nose, you're better off using saline as your starting fluid or "vehicle". This more closely mimics the body's own fluids and will lead to less irritation of the membranes of your sinuses. The basic recipe for saline is 1 teaspoon salt for every 8fl oz of water.

Your spray bottle may be medicated. If it's just saline, go for it. If not, dump it out, make your saline, fill the bottle back up with however much saline it will hold, leaving a small amount of space for your powdered drugs (also you want to leave some space to allow for agitation later on, if it's completely full to the brim, it's harder to agitate everything inside).

Poor the powdered drugs in, shake it up good for 15-20 seconds and spray. You're likely going to need to tweak the ratio once or twice to figure out just how potent you want each spray to be.