• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Ritalin dosage equivalency to adderall.

arksenu

Bluelighter
I usually take 60mg of adderall whenever I need it. However, as of now adderall is unavailable to me but I do have ritalin. I heard somewhere the ritalin is about half as potent as adderall, so would 120mg ritalin be equal to 60mg of adderall?
How direct is the conversion?

It's difficult to tell, as they have distinct methods of stimulation. Amphetamine is a Dopamine & Norepinephrine Releaser and Reuptake inhibitor, while Ritalin is mainly a Dopamine Reuptake Inhibitor. Because of this, Adderall has a distinct stimulation compared to Ritalin.

Ritalin is, however, less potent than Adderall in terms of stimulation, therefore you are in the right direction by increasing the dose. However, doubling the dose on the first try isn't the safest route to go, so I'd suggest working your way up from maybe 75 or 90mg Ritalin to see if the lower doses are enough for you, and if they aren't, you can always increase your dosage in the following trials. It's always a safe bet to start off low and be safe and perhaps waste a few dollars worth of Ritalin than to risk getting psychosis or, worst case scenario, losing your life.

IME, 25mg Adderall ER is about Equivalent to 56mg ER (IIRC) Methylphenidate, so your conversion ratio seems to be on par with my experiences. Be safe, not sorry.