Votes: 1 12.5%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/3stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
I went ahead and watched it, being a fan of the original 1968 film.

I actually thought the CGI was well done, and the action scenes were as engaging as you might expect from just about any piece of shit that gets launched into theatres these days. Where I thought it fell short was the story line. I thought the story and characters sort of dragged along. Oh look, there's John Lithgow playing a piano. He must be smart now. Main protagonist meets a love interest along the way. Angry neighbour gets shit on again. SNORE.. Just make a story that's deep, interesting and true to the franchise. No need for all this Hollywood claptrap.

And come on, if you're going to make a movie heavily based on evolution, explain how the virus is carried between generations. Does the virus mutate the sex chromosomes? Is it some sort of epigenetic effect that gets unlocked? Is the F1 generation now smart enough to synthesize the drug and introduce it? Are we introducing Lemarckism for the purposes of the film? Sort of unsatisfying to leave stuff like that out.

4/10. Just my opinion.

The movie isn't nearly as good as I thought it would be considering rottentomatoes.com gave it and 84%. The concept was good and interesting, but the actors couldn't really act, the monkeys were the only good part of the movie. Stupid and preventable events happen in this movie and they're all too stupid to make this movie good. It's unbelievable, and the doctor guy doesn't do as much as he should be able to do(considering he's a really good doctor and his 'wife' is a monkey vet). I don't know. Overall it's just a collection of irresponsible, preventable, and unbelievable events that lead up to this supersmart chimp getting pissed off enough to take over the world. Would have been better if they put in different ways to piss off the chimp. Plus, if the chimp was actually supersmart (smarter than the average human) than he would have reasoned with the fucking person that brought him up as his own instead of being an irrational bitch about the whole thing. Overall, it's poorly done and doesn't deserve an 84% rating. I'm no film critic so my argument may be flawed, just my honest opinion.

P.S. It was made to suit the average American viewer, which is bullshit. everythings going downhilll

On the lemarckian thing, I was thinking the same thing. BUT, I figured that the newborn chimps' genes (in the beginning) were changed via the virus (because they were newborns!) and that his genes were forever changed so that when he would eventually mate (ceaser), his genes would be dominant and forever change his species into supersmart chimps (or semi smart considering he's mating with a dumbass chimp). The other guy though (lazy eye) wouldn't do shit for his species.

The movie isn't nearly as good as I thought it would be considering rottentomatoes.com gave it and 84%. The concept was good and interesting, but the actors couldn't really act, the monkeys were the only good part of the movie. Stupid and preventable events happen in this movie and they're all too stupid to make this movie good. It's unbelievable, and the doctor guy doesn't do as much as he should be able to do(considering he's a really good doctor and his 'wife' is a monkey vet). I don't know. Overall it's just a collection of irresponsible, preventable, and unbelievable events that lead up to this supersmart chimp getting pissed off enough to take over the world. Would have been better if they put in different ways to piss off the chimp. Plus, if the chimp was actually supersmart (smarter than the average human) than he would have reasoned with the fucking person that brought him up as his own instead of being an irrational bitch about the whole thing. Overall, it's poorly done and doesn't deserve an 84% rating. I'm no film critic so my argument may be flawed, just my honest opinion.

P.S. It was made to suit the average American viewer, which is bullshit. everythings going downhilll

I completely agree with this review.

CGI ruined it for me because I kept thinking that although the CGI was quite fantastic, I could not let go of the fact it was all green screen.

I have to agree with every single point made here.
Well said.
Well, I can agree on everything but one thing......

I'm American you snooty ass.

Just saw this tonight at the dollar movies, and loved it--the rare prequel/reboot that gets it right. Looking forward to later installments.

I'd give it four and a half, but four will do.

I think Franco was great on Freaks and Geeks, but how he keeps getting lead roles in Hollywood is beyond me.

The title of this movie was misleading.
I went into the cinema with the premise of '...when lincoln freed the slaves.'

I was wrong... :/