• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

RIP Beloved Son

aekunc2

Greenlighter
Andy my life will never be the same. My only, my light. After he died, I saw that he had asked if heroin and xanax were safe to use together and was told no problem. He died shortly thereafter of a combination of xanax and heroin. RIP angel.

Oh no - I'm so sorry for your loss - I'd like to think people on Bluelight would never say it's ok to mix such strong depressants together. Having looked at the Shrine forum it appears to be a common way people we love our lost.

My condolences.

Sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and your family.

I'm very sad to read this. My sincere condolences.

Being told that these two drugs are safe in combination does not sound like the sort of advice offered or accepted on bluelight.
This is very concerning...

I'm very sad to read this. My sincere condolences.

Being told that these two drugs are safe in combination does not sound like the sort of advice offered or accepted on bluelight.
This is very concerning...

Yeah do you know what your sons screen name on this site was?

Thank you all for your kind words. My son was a beautiful person. Straight-A student, gifted violinist, kind and caring. Tomorrow is his 5th angelversary. I don't know how I've made it this far, but my life's mission is to support harm reduction and education. I think it's what he would have wanted. Heroin is a loaded gun that *will* go off. I wish he had been able to find recovery, but I want his legacy to be saving lives through me.

Andy my life will never be the same. My only, my light. After he died, I saw that he had asked if heroin and xanax were safe to use together and was told no problem. He died shortly thereafter of a combination of xanax and heroin. RIP angel.
condolences for your loss. i can't imagine the heartache of losing a child.

as a harm reduction resource, it's important that we focus whenever possible on accurate information. with respect, the user named 'aekunc' never enquired on bluelight about combining heroin and xanax. there are plenty of threads on bluelight discussing the danger of mixing heroin and benzos e.g. mixing xanax and heroin-first time, dangerous?

aekunc did ask about combining heroin and zoloft: heroin + zoloft which is a different matter. i am not as familiar with that combination but my understanding is that it's not considered dangerous.

regards

alasdair

My deepest sympathy for your loss. As a parent, I can only begin to imagine how much this hurts.

Sending love.

For others benzos in combination with opiates esp methadone is very dangerous. It's almost an eventual ticket.

Let alone adding in alcohol.

So sorry for your loss.

As a mother that has also lost a beloved son to an overdose, I know the pain you are going through and my heart aches for you. I am coming up to the 5 year anniversary as well and I know that the passage of time is in itself hard to bear. Like you, my son's death encouraged me to fight even harder against the War on Drugs mentality that hides important facts and safety information from our kids while making criminals of perfectly good people with promising lives. I hope that you feel free to reach out here for support for yourself, whether it be by remembering your son here in this shrine or in the thread created for grief and bereavement. Please do not hesitate to PM me at any time. I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful boy.