ringing in my ear

jksr1

Bluelighter
it started 2 weeks ago, loud, cant sleep, cant stop thinking about it, dr says dont know why, and says dont be disapointed if it dose not go away. and lose 50% HEARING ALL SO. dr says may not come back. all this happend in about 20hr. he says no drug out there to help. just deal with it. my meds daily are sub4mg,lovastatin20mg,lisinopril5mg, anybody have the samething happen to tham? sorry for the spelling. has this happend to anybody? thanks for looking.

Tinnitus is something I have experienced off and on in my life. The longest period was about a month.This talks about it. There can be many causes. I did a weird thing to deal with it that may not work for anyone else but did for me. I realized it was going to drive me crazy so I pretended like I liked it. I totally focused on it when it would first start and try to hear different tones in it, try to copy it, whatever--just something to make it seem like it was interesting rather than annoying. I found that by focusing on it without anxiety about it never ending, I could then get it to take more of a backseat in my brain.

http://www.tinnitus-pjj.com/

the ringing (tinnitus) does not cause hearing loss.
i'm not sure exactly what you are saying: if your Dr said you might lose hearing because of the tinnitus he is misinformed.
if you already lost some hearing the ringing is probably a reaction to that.

anyway you can do the Tinnitus Retraining Therapy for free. just read the website above or you can google that term for more.

basically: don't focus on your tinnitus, don't worry about it, don't sit in silence.
anytime you're in silence go to this website
http://www.simplynoise.com/classic/
set the volume so it is the same loudness as the ringing.
over time you can train your brain to ignore the ringing as if it were background noise.

i have tinnitus, its pretty mild. if i go to an electronic show i find my ears ringing extra loud for some times 3-4 days after however and that feels overwhelming at times. when its dead silent is the only time it really gets to me.

to be honest the best way i've found to deal with it is get some white noise or some music to drown it out. because from what i understand its not all the treatable, seems like a somewhat in your head kinda thing, but im not even close to a fucking doctor so please dont take my word for it.

ive had bad tinnitus for maybe 10 years. although it does drive you mad at first, you just get used to it eventually. hopefully yours will go away though:)
having a computer or some low level noise in the room really helps

It could be tinnitus. But you can also get a ringing in your ear as a side effect of medication you are taking, that's why I get mine haha :( I've read that ringing in your ears also happens if you suffer from anxiety

I foten had tinnitus which only lasted for few hours, days at most and it was always caused by too many stims, especially damned pentedrone caused it very easily to me.
Sometimes it can be caused by very low serotonin activity. But overall there are MANY possible causes, as always you may want to checkout wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tinnitus
Aside drugs it can be caused by skull damage, listening to much noisy music etc. etc.

My fiancee suffered from this after a synthetic cannabinoid overdose and for months it was unbareable for her, it made her depressed, edgy, snappy, gave her intense headaches/migranes and she had a lot of problem sleeping. It has since gotten better by not smoking cannabis, eating healthy, getting more sleep, getting a bit of exercise, taking something called Ginko Biloba (Aparentley its just placebo said a study but she swears its doing something although I think its the positive thought thats making it better, and she knows that.)

You should try some natural remedeys, maybe switch meds and do all of the above. Abstain from ALL reacreational drugs for a while and see what happens, my fiancee hasn't done anything apart from an eitzolam once or twice and alcohol since trying to fix the problem but we both hope that she can continue to use cannabis and psychedelics once everythings a little for sure. She says now it is hardly noticeable although still there, everyone has it kind of I guess, you just kind of get in to a habit of tuning into it I guess. If you really want help pm me, and il get her to speak to you. Although the doctors dont have a cure, there seriously useless, there might be natural things/just common sense things that will make it better.

when it first started 2,3 weeks ago i lost 80% hearing, 1 week in the ringing stoppde hearing came back, 5 days later ringing started again retested and 50% LOSE, THATS WHERE IM AT KNOW. blood work good, m.r.i good, he put me on prednsone 60mg for 14 days then ween my self down, im almost done, right now the ringng is so load i ask my wife if she could hear it lol she could not. dr says vireris . i go back in 3weeks. thanks for input, at night i put a fan on for back ground noise. i will keep you posted..

Ouch thats not good to hear, 50% hear loss.
I wish you your doc knows what hes doing, we cant help you much with particular medications as we dont know the cause.

I wish you to get healthy soon.

When it's really quite like in the dead of night if I'm home alone, I can hear sort of ringing, actually it sounds more like cicadas but there aren't any cicadas around. I never know if it's tinnitus or if I'm having auditory hallucinations lol.

In the last year i've noticed i can be doing anything and suddenly a loud piercing ringing noise will effect one of my ears and i will have partial hearing loss in that ear momentarily until the ringing pass's. When its quiet at night if i focus on the ringing, it's really really loud and it's all i can hear.. this can be especially frustrating when sleeping, but if i start to think about something else and shift my focus.. the ringing fades because im not as aware of it.

http://www.tinnitus-pjj.com/

the ringing (tinnitus) does not cause hearing loss.
i'm not sure exactly what you are saying: if your Dr said you might lose hearing because of the tinnitus he is misinformed.
if you already lost some hearing the ringing is probably a reaction to that.

anyway you can do the Tinnitus Retraining Therapy for free. just read the website above or you can google that term for more.

basically: don't focus on your tinnitus, don't worry about it, don't sit in silence.
anytime you're in silence go to this website
http://www.simplynoise.com/classic/
set the volume so it is the same loudness as the ringing.
over time you can train your brain to ignore the ringing as if it were background noise.

Many years of local gigs and not wearing ear protectors definitely make me side with you.
Although it's gotten to the point in silence it isn't so bad. I personally can't really remember a time I didn't have it. The music idea is perfect. It gets the point where it will come and go without you even noticing. I would get a 2nd opinion though. I thought I just had tinnitus and it turns out I had perforated an ear drum.
Getting a bath stopped being so fun and relaxing when your ear feels like it is constantly leaking. :(