• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

RH-34 ~ potent and selective partial 5-HT2 agonist

Incunabula

Bluelighter
The question is, as this is a selective partial agonist for the 5-HT2A serotonin receptor, will it be psychedelic?
If it is psychedelic, could this possibly lead to a whole new class of quinazolinedione psychedelics?

As I understand it, it's actually ketanserin-NBOMe. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

A vendor is planing to stock it, kind of crazy I think 8( I'm absolutely not planing to be the guinea pig here, but I'm definitely curious. (Vendor is email only so save ya googlin')

This comes from the dissertation of Ralf Heim (hence the RH!). The unexpected agonist activity of the N-2-methoxybenzyl quinazolinedione led to the synthesis and investigation of the NBOMe series of compounds. However, RH-34 has much weaker affinity as an agonist than NBOMes, and even about 5-fold weaker than 2C-Xs. Hence, if it is active, it will probably be in the 100+ mg range. However, it should be titrated as usual, starting with a submg dose and going up slowly until an active level is established.

IIRC, it is key that psychedelic drugs trigger release of arachidonic acid via the activity of phospholipase-A2. Non-psychedelic 5ht2a agonists tend to be selective for secondary messaging via phospholipase-c.

ebola

I've seen a vendor sell this cut down to 10%. Would suggest some form of activity, since this isn't anything said vendor does with it's wide range of other products.

An associate tried this at 0.1mg, 1mg and 2mg and reported no effects, not even a threshold weirdness. But perhaps he didn't try a big enough dose as other people I've talked to suggested an active dose more in the 5mg - 25mg range.

@mad_scientist did he use the pure form or the cut down to 10% product?
@kah8 ^same question + what where the effects&duration etc?

Effects are more visual than 25INBOMe at lower dosages, duration, aprox 6-7hs

An associate tried this at 0.1mg, 1mg and 2mg and reported no effects, not even a threshold weirdness. But perhaps he didn't try a big enough dose as other people I've talked to suggested an active dose more in the 5mg - 25mg range.
You should really edit your post if the 10% material was used. Or some mod should add a warning anyway.

Effects are more visual than 25INBOMe at lower dosages, duration, aprox 6-7hs
Here come the sceptics: Wait for it...

Btw, in the published article by RH, can anyone explain why all experiments where done under inhibition of DAT with the aid of cocaine?!

Do you know if this was administered orally? I'm very curious as to weather this compound would do best complexed with HPBCD like the nbome's, and done via the buccal route or nasal. If this is the case that would mean that this probably isn't orally active.

The vendor I've noted is hardly giving it away either at £6 per blotter. I'll just check dose. Yup. As I thought, a mere 200mcgs.

Last edited:
Wow. That's pretty expensive. Now think of the killing a vendor could make by selling a counterfeit substance as this compound. That, coupled with reports of the 10% admixture being a complete dud, gives me pause.

Does anyone who's yet acquired a sample have means of testing its identity?

ebola