View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Rewiring my brain for the last time through LSD

lifeisbeautifulasf

Greenlighter
Now when i mean by rewiring, I'm not talking physically changing the set up or anything like that.

From my understanding, LSD seems to knock down our mechanism for filtering the world through familiar things and leads us to have astronomical experiences that totally override and surpass the sort of intuitions we have in everyday life.

So I guess this means that an acid trip can lead the brain into states that are radically unfamiliar as the world is to a toddler. And in this way, the things we learn and take from the trip are much more deeply ingrained.

And so thats why I think that 'rewiring' from acid, or 'learning' from acid will not really affect your general world of knowledge. Although some studies claim this, I wouldn't really suggest using acid to study for an exam or something. But what can get changed are the deeply ingrained relationships between abstract notions..like all the things we can't quite put our finger on with words. So this can include our personality or general connection with the world. It is a process of learning, so therefore, which is a rewiring of your brain.

Having all that said, I am in position where I feel that i need to trip again.

I tripped for the first time ever over this past summer and had an incredible experience. My personality uplifted, and my general connection to the world became in which one would describe as 'bliss'. It was at the right time, at the right setting, and it was a profound experience. I loved myself.

A few weeks later, I decided to trip again without really planning anything. Wrong set and setting led to a psychotic-kind of outbreak which led to panic attacks and the thought i was going crazy. I learned a lot about myself that I wasn't really prepared in learning. The realizations i took from that experience left me with a different kind of connection to the world, and towards people. I hated myself.

The reason as to why the outbreak even occurred was because someone i was sober with asked me, jokingly, "who even are you". Lol that fucked me up good.

But the trip gave light to my actions and my overall potential being held back by my current lifestyle. A blessing in disguise to say the least, but it definitely put a gloomy type of glow on myself and just others in general because of the shitty experience.

That was about 7 months ago. I've recovered mostly and implemented some of my changes and am still working towards getting my life back on track, but the thing is, I want to trip again and want it to be alone this time.

I would like to go out in a beautiful type of scenery, alone, and just see where it takes me. I am hoping that it will override the nasty trip from the past and give me a new type of feel that i can carry on to the sober world.

I'm not looking for answers, I'm not looking for LSD to solve anything. I'm just wanting it to help put a better glow on things, and to myself to say the least.

I'm 18 by the way.

What do you guys think?

For the longest time after my horrific LSD trip more than 2 years ago, I thought that this is what I was gonna have to do too. However, I still haven't touched another psychedelic since and that was my first psychedelic I had ever tried. I weighed out my options and basically deemed that it was way too risky and I would never ever risk putting my brain through that kind of trauma again. Who knows, maybe if I tripped again and had a great experience then perhaps I would no longer get panic attacks from taking even minor substances such as caffeine or Nyquil. The trip pretty much left me with PTSD in the sense I rarely ever take medications anymore in fear of an altered perception. And it's been more than 2 years. So I say go for it, and let me know how it goes. Maybe I'll sum up the courage someday in the future to try a psychedelic again. Maybe it'll leave me better off, but for now I'll keep the LSD dice in my hand and probably never roll them again

Sounds like the makings of a good trip. The only thing id add is, take along a good friend with you and trip together.