Restlessness is terrible!!!

johnny oxy

Bluelighter
Trying to jump off the oxy's after tapering it down to 25mg a day. The restlessness has been the worst. I cant stay still but dont have energy to do anything.Klonopin,temazepam,phenigran,clonodine,hydroxyzine,seroquel,sinemet,nyquiil and pot dont help the restlessness at all. It is the worst feeling ever and it breaks me everytime. Anything I can do to minimize this? How long does the restlessness last? If I cant get it to stop there is no way I am going to get clean!!!

Just remember man, you only have to do this once (assuming you don't pick up a habit again).

Detoxification in any form is never easy, and it's not supposed to be. Just let the time pass.

If benzos aren't helping you, not much else will.

You can do it man -- believe in yourself -- be successful. Set goals, achieve them. :) <3

Good luck!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not restless during the day time but at night...damn.
It's been 2 months of restless legs at night. My dr prescribed some nerve meds that sort of works. My insomnia meds only made me miserable because I was super tired but my body was still uncomfortable and restless.
It will get better though with time. Do not give up. Try to get all the jitters out and wear out your body too the point where it is too tired to be restless.

Trying to jump off the oxy's after tapering it down to 25mg a day. The restlessness has been the worst. I cant stay still but dont have energy to do anything.Klonopin,temazepam,phenigran,clonodine,hydroxyzine,seroquel,sinemet,nyquiil and pot dont help the restlessness at all. It is the worst feeling ever and it breaks me everytime. Anything I can do to minimize this? How long does the restlessness last? If I cant get it to stop there is no way I am going to get clean!!!

Try the clonidine by itself. I jumped from oxymorphone and hydrocodone to straight, short acting morphine a few months back. I only used clonidine patches (the 0.1 mg). It took almost 48 hours for the patch to start working but once it did my symptoms were gone. Just so you know, going from what I was on to the morphine was probably a 75% or better drop in meds. I was in serious WD before the patch. The pills are usually prescribed to cover those first 48 hours till the patch works. You need to watch out though because if you don't normally have high blood pressure it can cause a serious drop. It's off label use is for WD. It will work though. Throw the rest of the shit in a drawer for now. Taper down as slow as you can and you will be fine! I am on day three of eliminating a dose and have no symptoms at all.

Hot showers or soaks will help the RLS.