• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Gaming Resident Evil VII Gold Edition

ghostfreak

Moderator: DC, F&TV, S&G
Staff member
Just read the tweet from Stadia saying RE7 GE will be free to claim for Pro members and they have 8 to pre-order as well.

My question is: is 7 worth playing? Haven't played an RE title since Nemesis and I know the series has changed quite a lot from then.

RE7 is an okay playthrough. It's a bit on the scary side if you are into games that make you jump. It has a interesting story line, and if you enjoy the story along with the game then RE7 will be a fun game to play.

The series is well and truly ruined now. Cheers, Capcom. :ROFLMAO:

Do you know that even RE1 from 1996 has way more enemy types than RE7 does? How funny. A game from over 20 years ago beats a game released in 2017. Gaming really is dying off.

RE7 is decent. It's a good game, but the sequel (RE8 / Village) just sounds even more pretty darn stupid. Like, I seen a video the other day that has a living puppet inside a castle. A living puppet! That's not including these werewolf type things, as well as vampires. Plus, you don't see Ethan Winters, really. It's like Capcom wants you to pretend that you are him. :rolleyes:

I will admit that the game looks swell. However, people need to understand the true lore of the series. The games are supposed to focus on bioweapons created by evil corporations, and yeah. Perhaps they are meant to still be infected with something like a virus, but I still think it's all incredibly silly.

Capcom has ruined the franchise. Even RE4 was dumb. You had to dodge a giant mechanical pirate robot as the floor was breaking up. The farmers you encounter even drop money, which is just dumb. The monsters do it as well, which is worse. There was no major notable survival horror elements in RE4, 5, 6, and the crap they have put out since 2009.