• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Detox Resetting the detox clock

Idioteque9004

Greenlighter
Okay so this is something I have always wanted to know. If in the middle of your opiate withdrawal, if you reuse before the detox is completely done does it fully restart the entire thing back to day one of detoxing or does it basically just set it back a day?

For example coming off 5 months of using 2-3mg of suboxone daily. I decided I need to get clean. I know I do. But I'm on day 7 since last use and I'm miserable. I honestly thought it would be much easier this far into it but it's not. Well I cracked and picked up a Kratom shot. I feel good now but I'm freaking out that I just undid all that healing since the last time I used subs. So can anybody tell me, that has experience being in this same boat, whether or not it's going to undo all that work. Or if it just delays it that much longer by a day or two or if it will have no bearing at all.

Please no judgement, it's hard out there and I'm trying I just couldn't handle one more day of no sleep and the achey crippling stretches that drain me .

Hopefully all this made sense .

Thank you too anybody who is able to provide any feedback.

PS if this was the wrong location for this thread or if one already exists please let me know. But I've looked all over and can't seem to find an answer to this.

<3

Kratom Shot? did I read correctly? are you banging Kratom? please tell me you're not doing that... and on topic, no, it's not gonna set you back to day 1 but it's gonna set u back like 50%,its hard to deduct, depends on a lot of things, the dose, how long has passed since the last. time u used subs, etc etc. but dw man yourw not gonna start with the same Intensity.

Kratom Shot? did I read correctly? are you banging Kratom? please tell me you're not doing that... and on topic, no, it's not gonna set you back to day 1 but it's gonna set u back like 50%,its hard to deduct, depends on a lot of things, the dose, how long has passed since the last. time u used subs, etc etc. but dw man yourw not gonna start with the same Intensity.

Oh holy shit man, no I would never bang Kratom. I mean one of those little tinctures they sell at headshops. But yeah it was just one of those concentrated little "shots". You're saying you don't think it'll set me back that far? Last time I used subs was on 7/8, if that info helps you determine a more accurate answer. Thanks again!

Oh holy shit man, no I would never bang Kratom. I mean one of those little tinctures they sell at headshops. But yeah it was just one of those concentrated little "shots". You're saying you don't think it'll set me back that far? Last time I used subs was on 7/8, if that info helps you determine a more accurate answer. Thanks again!
Oh thank God, we'll it's hard to say I've never tried kratom and idk how potent it is, you're gonna still withdrawal from the subs just its not gonna be as intense as the first time. it's like you have dropped your tolerance, you're gonna experience all of the symptoms again but they're not gonna be as unbearable as they were before. If I were you I'd get some loperamide and do that for the first 3 days of withdrawal 20-40mg doses each day, after the third day you can start tapering the lope or if u want just stop it altogether. Lope reduces the intensity of withdrawal and all of the nasty side effects, without going back to square one. Be safe, NZN

Oh thank God, we'll it's hard to say I've never tried kratom and idk how potent it is, you're gonna still withdrawal from the subs just its not gonna be as intense as the first time. it's like you have dropped your tolerance, you're gonna experience all of the symptoms again but they're not gonna be as unbearable as they were before. If I were you I'd get some loperamide and do that for the first 3 days of withdrawal 20-40mg doses each day, after the third day you can start tapering the lope or if u want just stop it altogether. Lope reduces the intensity of withdrawal and all of the nasty side effects, without going back to square one. Be safe, NZN

I thank you kindly for your prompt response. Kratom is much less intense/potent than subs and it doesn't have nearly as long as a half-life. I'm scared to do the loperamide again because last time I tried to use it to help, it did help, but I was so backed up that it ended up making me sick for 4 days in the hospital because my food was basically rotting in my stomach since I was so constipated and I was convulsing from throwing up. It ended up being worse than the damn withdrawal. So in short, im kinda gun shy with the whole immodium thing even though I know it does help. regardless it's good to know that it's not going to set me all the way back because I just don't even know if I could deal with that again. Either way I'm very grateful for your answer. Take care

I thank you kindly for your prompt response. Kratom is much less intense/potent than subs and it doesn't have nearly as long as a half-life. I'm scared to do the loperamide again because last time I tried to use it to help, it did help, but I was so backed up that it ended up making me sick for 4 days in the hospital because my food was basically rotting in my stomach since I was so constipated and I was convulsing from throwing up. It ended up being worse than the damn withdrawal. So in short, im kinda gun shy with the whole immodium thing even though I know it does help. regardless it's good to know that it's not going to set me all the way back because I just don't even know if I could deal with that again. Either way I'm very grateful for your answer. Take care
Aw that sucks man, I've never had problems with opiods in general regarding constipation but if you said you had a bad experience before from using immodium well then don't use it. Just keep going man, just a lil bit of kratom I don't think is gonna set you back that much, just man up and keep going until you pass the 2week mark. That is when the paws set in, and when most ppl relapse cause the mental anguish and the anhedonia is sometimes even worse than the acute withdrawal. Anyway youve made a lot of progress, you just slipped up a lil bit that shouldnt be a reason for a full blown relapse, like I said keep going man. You got this, if you need someone to talk to you can PM me or ask me anything in here. Cheers, NZN.

Googled anhedonia since i wanted more info on it. Read this article which I found interesting:

Anyone have anything to add from personal experience? I relapsed after being 5 months clean last year; my brain simply thought it was the logical thing to do as I sought happiness and some joy. Now im only 2 weeks clean and trying to avoid making the same mistake. I need to stop my brain from making that calculated decision to use as the logical decision to battle anhedonia. To fight cravings, I need to rewire my brain but how is that best done? Nature or nurture? Using other drugs/supplements or behavior modifications? Saying both is the easy answer but what specifics are most effective?

I used to use material things like fast cars and high end audio equipment to give me pleasure. Doesnt seem to work anymore. New wife? Maybe get a couple new puppies instead (cheaper than wife route)? Damn, wish my brain could get a software update to fix whats wrong with it.

Hi Op.... I am of the opinion that you have not set yourself back. You were in a state of 24/7 , constant, strong, opiate saturation with suboxone. Taking small breaks with a weak short acting partial agonists like kratom will simply be a small break from the pain and though it may slightly delay the healing, it certainly isn't going to put you back at day 1. I got addicted to kratom after 10 days clean from heroin and the withdrawal is very minor at the 10-20 gram level.

I actually find the acute withdrawal from the kratom to be less severe than the actual PAWS or extended withdrawal I still felt from the heroin at 10 days, so all in all I would say I have made progress. Unfortunately I have found the kratom to be psychologically addictive due to my desire to use it to socialize at the local kratom bar. Also its cheap price, social acceptability and and accessibility add to the addictive quality. The actual withdrawal is opiate like but much less severe in my opinion. It is absent of most of the physical discomfort. The only thing I really notice is a little anxiety, some insomnia and RLS only when trying to sleep.

Everybody's experience may be different so don't take what I say as definitive. I can only relate my experience. Overall I am pleased that I chose to take kratom because it pulled me out of a horrible depression slump and allowed me to go out and find the work I badly needed.

I am a heroin addict with 20yrs of addiction history and have 2mths clean from all the drugs I was taking except kratom.

Last edited: