• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Remakes of the old Sierra adventure games

THE WOOD said:
gotta throw full throttle in there finder

i loved Full Throttle.

Freddy Pharkas: Frontier Pharmacist was also one of my favs.

That's bitching. I *LOVED* the Space Quest games growing up, and beat them all through V.(I'll admit I cheated at times. ;) )

For those of you who have KQ II and haven't tried it, save the game and type "Kill Priest" when you're in the chapel. It's a riot. :D

Last edited:
yay! space quest!

>fuck the guard

"WOULD YOUR MOTHER LIKE TO HEAR YOU TALKING LIKE THAT?"

^
Not to mention my favorite, which has been my signature on this board before:

(after trying to taste a dead Sequel Policeman body)

"Hey! Licking corpses goes way beyond simple dementia. Get a grip, pal."

:D

Yeah, King's Quest was (and still is) the best adventure game of all time IMO. I have played through all the remakes, including the new KQ3. KQ3 by IA is kind of buggy, but its still a good game. Did you know that they are making a fan based King's Quest 9? They have released a small demo. It is at: www.tsl-game.com

although III was already in VGA it is nearly impossible to play because the driving section moves too godamn fast!

I didn't believe you and tried it out, got into the police cruiser and saw the road for 1/2 a second and it told me I shouldn't run through stop signs, so I click ok and next thing I know I crashed.

lostpunk5545 said:
You can still find a lot of the sierra ones as far as I know on abandonware sites.

I just spent the better part of a half-hour trying to find just ONE abandonware site that still had Sierra games available for DL, to no avail. I would really be interested in knowing if anyone has any better luck than me. Admittedly, I didn't go to any "warez/crackz/serialz" type of websites. Just the ones that claim to deal in "abandonware."

And no Sierra games were found, on any of the ones I went to, using Google and the word abandonware. The one I used to go to all the time (in fact the one that I got all of my Sierra collection from before the crackdown), Abandonia, still has all the Sierra games listed, but then when you click on the name of the game, instead of the normal download button there is a little symbol that says "ESA" and a little blurb about how that game is protected by the ESA and is therefore not available for download.

So seriously, folks, see if you can find any abandonware sites that still have Sierra games and let me know!

Oh yeah, I'm also interested in any torrents of old school Sierra collections. I found one torrent so far of the whole entire CD collection of Space Quest 1-6, the one they released as a commemorative box set... but there aren't enough seeds to download it, unfortunately.

I never had a chance to play Space Quest 6, and I'm willing to download a 3GB "best of adventure games" torrent just for that one game, if I must.

Last edited by a moderator:
Folks, please do not publically link to torrent sites on Bluelight. Thank you. :)

or offer to tell them how privately. if people want torrents/drugs/black market organs they can find out how to do so on their own. :)

fair enough,

As far as PQ3 goes there's a third party program you can use to slow down your clock speed to make it playable, I think it was called turbo something (the name escapes me). Although PQ3 would crash on me during other parts so I just gave up. I'm looing forward to the police quest 2 remake that's in the works, looks promising.

Sorry Church, I just assumed as you could still get Police Quest that the others would be just as easy...

That abandonware site I posted on the last page does have PQ 1-3 (including the VGA remake) and it also has the first 5 Space Quest games.

I kind of miss Loom. I dont know if the Legend of Kyrandia games go in this grouping... but they were all amazing too.

^^^
Both of those are in the game pack that I downloaded. PM me for info, I was just going to point finder towards a torrent anyways.

LucasArts never made the leisure suit larry games did they ? No worky with SCUMMVM. :/ What a great set of games.

• The Monkey Island series
  • The Space Quest series
  • Day Of The Tentacle
  • Heros Quest (later became Quest for Glory)
  • Conquest of the Longbow
  • Conquest of Camelot
  • Loom
  • Grim Fandango
  • Sam & Max

These games unashamedly stole such a large chunk of my teenage life. It was worth every minute. =D

Now that I have those links posted above, especially the XTC Abandonware one (Lostpunk, I owe you many beers for that) I will cheerfully be dedicating a decent amount of time to reliving all of the past glory.