• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

⭐️ Social ⭐️ relation between benzodiazepine intoxication and kleptomania

LivingOnValium

Bluelighter
IM at it again. I mean my bread and butter which are buprenorphine (3mg IV) and alpazolam (7mg).

As i usually do the munchies goot the better of me and i had a walk to my local supermarket. It was not about money at all. I suddenly got this urge to stuff the biggest and baddest chocolate bar in my hoodie an so i did it.

It's not a regular thing and never avout the money. Sometimes with enough benzos in my system end up doing it. Today was one of those days.

zRSWKeT.jpg

Anyone else do dimilar stupid shit like me?

Anyone else do dimilar stupid shit like me?
Benzos give me this weird side effect that makes me steal things.

In all seriousness I once developed a habit of popping benzos and stealing from stores. It turned into a strange addiction of it's own. Benzos have also led me to much more serious crimes and thievery.

It's very common tbh.

Trust me don't make a habit of it. Not a moral thing but a you will eventually get caught thing.

Trust me don't make a habit of it. Not a moral thing but a you will eventually get caught thing.
Well it happened today. I got caught of shoplifting. Even without you mentioning this I already knew my odds for successful stealing were lessening day by day. It's just a matter of statistics.

The security person was nice enough to pull me to away from being in front of everybody and lecture me in a way that it wasn't made into a scene. Despite everything he was being super respectful and let's just say I haven't felt so ashamed many times in my life. He was nice enough to not get the police involved but informed me that from now on I have an entry ban to this store, for ever.

This was especially stupid of me since this is the closest supermarket to me and I used shop there a lot. I now have to use the other options which are ok but the close distance to this store was so convenient.

I feel like huge douchebag atm.

Well it happened today. I got caught of shoplifting. Even without you mentioning this I already knew my odds for successful stealing were lessening day by day. It's just a matter of statistics.

The security person was nice enough to pull me to away from being in front of everybody and lecture me in a way that it wasn't made into a scene. Despite everything he was being super respectful and let's just say I haven't felt so ashamed many times in my life. He wa
In my experience if you're cool with them they are cool with you. Even the best eventually get caught <3

Interesting this came up. Kleptomania is actually listed in the Physician's desk reference as a bzd. side effect.

I ate too much clonzaepam once, got caught stealing a five dollar item. If you learn, you'll resist the temptation to steal no matter your brain state and that will keep you out of trouble. That cost me about 3k and I was charged heavily. Years ago, but I still shake my head at how stupid benzos can make a person

Xanax is another, I have a family member with memories of eating Xanax in the 80's and stealing from Wal Mart, this thread made me lol in a way

The security person was nice enough to pull me to away from being in front of everybody and lecture me in a way that it wasn't made into a scene. Despite everything he was being super respectful and let's just say I haven't felt so ashamed many times in my life. He was nice enough to not get the police involved but informed me that from now on I have an entry ban to this store, for ever.

This was especially stupid of me since this is the closest supermarket to me and I used shop there a lot. I now have to use the other options which are ok but the close distance to this store was so convenient.

I feel like huge douchebag atm.
Don’t feel too bad if you think it was the benzos disinhibiting you and letting you do it. Blame them, they’ve caused plenty of people to do similar things and worse. Plus look on the bright side, you got a warning and no police involvement. It coulda been way worse in the long run if the cops had arrested you.

Seems like the security guard is a standup guy. Leave it a few weeks and then go see him and tell him honestly your meds made you do it but your off them and would he consider giving you a second chance and allowing you back in the store (if you are sure you won’t do anything stupid again). All he can do is say no and he might surprise you.

I think this is a common thing when too many benzos are taken. I met a guy one time that ate a bunch of Xanax bars.... tried to rob the bank with no mask.... ran... pissed his pants and got caught. Got 7 years for it.

I myself have stolen things in my younger days that I HAD THE MONEY.... just didn't want to spend it I guess.
Xanax especially should have a black box warning about this kind of thing⚠️

I'm liable to be involved in an art heist while on benzos.

I never shoplift ever (nor even consider it) but I do it sometimes on benzos. Its always weird shit i don't want like candles or nicotine gum (i dont smoke) neither of which i have any use for.

The only thing I steal when I'm on benzos is yo girls heart.

Yeah thats another i do too, get disinhibited on benzos and start talking to women, often in a very explicit sexual manner. It goes over well with them too, probably because its delivered with the stone cold confidence that only benzos can produce.

On benzos im liable to steal your girl and your wallet, your passport, your social security number and your sense of self. Benzos can also make me short tempered and potentially physically aggressive against men (especially if its a mixture of benzos, opioids and certain stimulants, like methylphenidate). But even benzos alone have the propensity of getting me into a fight. Part of it is the ego enhancement that benzos can cause, coupled with the simultaneous sense of emptiness and the extreme disinhibition. Its almost a feeling of, "im ready to die today motherfucker". I never understood how alcohol makes some men so aggressive until I experienced it from benzos. No amount of alcohol has ever made me feel like that.

Aside from the general disinhibition that benzos cause, the klepto thing seems to a product of the ego enhancement. Not only do you feel invincible, you feel entitled to take anything you want due to the ego boost and resultant "fuck you" attitude. I am hit very hard with benzo induced ego enhancement, and if I take enough on a daily basis it can become almost delusional. On benzos I've engaged in various forms of charlatanism where the boundaries of self become somewhat blurred (almost reminiscent of that character in the film "Catch Me If You Can"). I'll steal your girlfriend, car keys and pilot credentials and show up on time to pilot your Airbus A380 for its scheduled flight to JFK. Not that I've ever done that (although benzo amnesia is a bitch 🤔).

Benzos are awful and regular use should be avoided. They are way over prescribed and do quite abit of harm.

Yeah thats another i do too, get disinhibited on benzos and start talking to women, often in a very explicit sexual manner. It goes over well with them too, probably because its delivered with the stone cold confidence that only benzos can produce.

On benzos im liable to steal your girl and your wallet, your passport, your social security number and your sense of self. Benzos can also make me short tempered and potentially physically aggressive against men (especially if its a mixture of benzos, opioids and certain stimulants, like methylphenidate). But even benzos alone have the propensity of getting me into a fight. Part of it is the ego enhancement that benzos can cause, coupled with the simultaneous sense of emptiness and the extreme disinhibition. Its almost a feeling of, "im ready to die today motherfucker". I never understood how alcohol makes some men so aggressive until I experienced it from benzos. No amount of alcohol has ever made me feel like that.

Aside from the general disinhibition that benzos cause, the klepto thing seems to a product of the ego enhancement. Not only do you feel invincible, you feel entitled to take anything you want due to the ego boost and resultant "fuck you" attitude. I am hit very hard with benzo induced ego enhancement, and if I take enough on a daily basis it can become almost delusional. On benzos I've engaged in various forms of charlatanism where the boundaries of self become somewhat blurred (almost reminiscent of that character in the film "Catch Me If You Can"). I'll steal your girlfriend, car keys and pilot credentials and show up on time to pilot your Airbus A380 for its scheduled flight to JFK. Not that I've ever done that (although benzo amnesia is a bitch 🤔).

Benzos are awful and regular use should be avoided. They are way over prescribed and do quite abit of harm.

You explain it eloquently. Benzos are great short term for anxiety... and HORRIBLE long term. They bring out both the BEST and WORST in me...... honestly most of the serious crime I've done benzos were directly involved.... and long term benzo ends badly 100% of the time. Don't need to be a rocket scientist to realize they should be avoided.

Yeah. I've certainly had my difficulties with benzos. I was able to be on them long term successfully, as personally I am most of the time able to control my dosage, and when it's a low dose, it's really just enough to get my anxiety under control. I'm talking like .5mg Clonazepam every other day. In those types of doses, for me anyway, they weren't a problem and I was able to get off of them easily enough.

But, that definitely isn't to say I haven't gone too hard on them before and gotten all of the bad side effects y'all have mentioned.