• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

relapse x 2

mikeorr4444

Greenlighter
Okay, so after about 10 days clean after using for a year, I relapsed and used probably for about 2-3 weeks straight. I stopped again, frankly because I simply couldn't afford it and I was concerned about my health. The withdrawals this time were way, way lighter than in the past, maybe because I was only using for 3 weeks and a much lesser dose than previously? Well this morning (I had last used saturday night), I was feeling a little anxious. I had a bottle of tylenol 3 (I still had it because they suck and never did anything for me). I figured I'd take a few and maybe it'd take the edge off. Well, more than a few, I took 4, so 120 mg of codeine. I was on a 40-50mg/sometimes twice that a day norco habit. It did take the edge off, even gave me just the mildest body buzz. Now of course, I'm questioning the decision. Will this reset my withdrawal process? I'm not craving norco like I had been in previous withdrawals. Been eating a lot of valerian root and some other herbs and tea and just chilling out. Have these tic tacs, that's how I've always referred to tylenol 3, ruined me?

Ruined you? Thats doubtful. Its also a very severe word, so can you be more specific?

As for if your 2-3 weeks of use will reset your withdrawal process - considering you only had 10 days of clean time before that then yes, there is a high likelihood it will.

Instead of running away from your pain, try and remember that each moment of pain you allow yourself to experience is a moment of pain you will never have to experience again as long as you dont use. Think of this pain as your friend. Think of this pain as a friend that is showing you exactly what you will never have to experience again as long as you dont use.

Do you think this can work for you? I think if you try it you will be very surprised at the outcome.
I too will try this. This will be my method to success and I hope it will prove the same for you too.

How are you feeling today Mike?
Are you keeping busy? Getting out and about or staying in the house, resting up until the worse is over with?

One time re-use during the acute withdrawal phase will not completely restart your withdrawals.
Don't beat yourself up about your relapse, it happens.
Remember, we're all human and we make mistakes.
Addiction is a very strong battle.
I congrats on your progress and wanting to get clean.

I wish you luck my friend.
Much love to you.