Supplements Regaining muscle after injury break

jhjhsdi

Bluelighter
Had to have a 6-7 week break because I fractured 5 ribs and needed surgery on a hernia, pretty much at the point where I can start lifting light weight and worrying up slowly. If not today then in a week for sure.
I can notice ive lost some size in my shoulders and arms, i want it back! And quickly as possible!
I'm actually dieting to lose belly size atm - so just purely upping my food isnt an option right now.
I want a cheap but worthwhile, low fat if possible, protein shake. I'm in the UK.
Any suggestions? It's been years since i bought any. I used to use myprotein.com....are they still good? Or is there better sites?

Any othet advice regarding working on the injury etc, or any sups or peps etc that'd help would be greatly appreciated! I dont want to use any steroids atm. Creatine? BCAAs? Certain type of protein?

Had to have a 6-7 week break because I fractured 5 ribs and needed surgery on a hernia, pretty much at the point where I can start lifting light weight and worrying up slowly. If not today then in a week for sure.
I can notice ive lost some size in my shoulders and arms, i want it back! And quickly as possible!
I'm actually dieting to lose belly size atm - so just purely upping my food isnt an option right now.
I want a cheap but worthwhile, low fat if possible, protein shake. I'm in the UK.
Any suggestions? It's been years since i bought any. I used to use myprotein.com....are they still good? Or is there better sites?

Any othet advice regarding working on the injury etc, or any sups or peps etc that'd help would be greatly appreciated! I dont want to use any steroids atm. Creatine? BCAAs? Certain type of protein?
Real food, don't employ low fat..

Are you familiar with sarms at all OP? I’ve personally ran a rad cycle with good results, and I know there’s a certain sarm that is good for healing injuries (or so I’m told) I’m of course no doctor, and you should by all means go get a blood test done before actually seriously considering starting a cycle. Rad is one of the more extreme sarms, but there are much more mild ones that are supposed to have next to no sides, and do very little to your hormone levels. But like I said I’m mo doctor, or expert on the matter I just know what I’ve read on a subreddit that I frequent about the topic. Also start out small if you’re coming back from an injury don’t try to max any machines out, or try setting any PRs you’ll just end up in worse condition then you were in before.

I had gastric bypass so I understand needing protein with no calories. Isopure is 25 protein 100 calories. You can't beat that. I eat 100 grams of protein a day. If you eat enough protein you can get away with very little working out to maintain. Anyways it's a great protein powder. I also use collogen for the stuff you missing from the protein.

Isopure protein powder.

I was sidelined by a shoulder injury last year (nothing that required surgery, more of a badly-picnhed nerve/muscle tear). I took 900mg turmeric extract (circumin) three times a day, creatine and lots of protein. Other than that, I just trained around it until it healed. Now it feels stronger than before it happened.

You can get things like cortisone shots, but they seem like more of a Band-Aid than an actual cure.

Happy Lifting!!!
Dreamflyer
🏋️‍♂️
I would avoid corticosteroids while healing an injury. Corticosteroid use has shown to basically destroy connective tissue.
My cat gets topical prednisone on his ears for an auto immune condition, and even just 2-3 applications per week, after about 6 weeks his ears are noticeably drooping from the weakening of the connective tissue there to keep them rigid.