• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Reducing infection with iv

ewawoowaa

Bluelighter
Would you get hiv or hep from just the syringe or can drugs like cocaine, heroin and dmt also be infected .
whats the chance of contamination if this is the case and the best way to avoid it?
Many thanks

you get those things from sharing the syringe/needle with other people , not from the syringe/needle or the drugs themselves hey OP.

you get those things from sharing the syringe/needle with other people , not from the syringe/needle or the drugs themselves hey OP.
Oh I heard on Wikipedia you could and that's why people boil (I assume they somehow filter it) it or smoke it

If they syringe hasn't been used before, no. If someone with hep/hiv used it before, yes it's possible.
If the drugs are contaminated with blood for example from a hiv positive person/someone with hep, yes it could be possible. (but this is really unlikely imo)

You're more likely to pick up blood borne diseases from sharing equipment (spoons, tourniquets, syringes - even tubes/rolls of paper for snorting) than you are from drugs themselves.
However, if you're dealing with drugs that have come in contact with someone's used IV equipment (such as a solution of drugs dissolved in water that may have been drawn by a used needle (or in a spoon previously used by another user) then there is a definite possibility of infection.
Drugs themselves - dry powders, especially - are unlikely to be able to carry HIV or Hep C.

Hep and hiv can only live outside the body for a certain amount of time depending on a few factors. Hep being able to live longerthan hiv, some say up to 4 days however one study found it to live for i believe 63 days in a wet syringe. Hiv i believe was a pretty short amount of time.

^there are conflicting reports abouts about HIV, some say just a few hours and some say a few days, if it's airtight it'll increase the life span