Writing-up Reducing Cocaine/Heroin Abuse With SR-Amphetamine and Buprenorphine (Detroit)

methylphenidate reduces the little craving for drugs I still have to a minimum. Over here they prescribes stims off-label for addiction already. Just as opiate addicts their pharmaceutical addiction treatments.

Also still recruiting:

This study is currently recruiting participants.
Study NCT00698737 Information provided by National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA)

I don't see why you would repalce coocaine with any kind of amphetamine.

Because amphetamine - in terms of addictiveness, is actually much less addictive than cocaine and it gives you just as powerful of an effect.

I beg to differ. I've had both vyvanse (d-amphetamine) and coke. As is a hallmark of all amphetamines the vyvanse could keep you going for hours, and left you anxious. Where as, wrether you took a little coke or alot it was never as powerfull as one 70mg vyvanse, and wore off in about 45 minutes.

I can see it's value in being a different chemical all together. But I beleive if you take a coke addict's coke away, and give hime amphetamines intead.
He will develop an amphetamine habit. Which is more powerfull and destuctive, and could end end in a methamphetamine habit :(

I don't think that this study is still recruiting: the OP is from 2009.

ebola

possibly to live a life free from active cocaine addiction.

I am glad this study is being done. I know this already works for allot of people.. I have seen a raging crack head pull it back together off 30 mgs of er addy a day.

On a lighter note, but not to make light of this important advancement for drug therapy for addiction.. I bet being on subs and amps gets a street name like subwoofen, or woofen