View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Redosing 2CB?

elpro

Greenlighter
I've recently become a fan of 2CB, and while I'm aware that it doesn't build a tolerance or require a recovery quite as intense as MDMA's, I'm wondering just how soon you can take it again. For me the experience is great, but only lasts a couple hours. Could I conceivably take more at that time, or dose again during the come-up like many do with MDMA to prolong the experience? I know it might be diminished a tad, but could I take a slightly larger second dose later in the night to get a similar experience, or is it pretty much done at that point?

I did 25mg followed by several redoses of 17mg (was trying to boost it), and it extended (and very slightly intensified) the experience. You can easily extend it by a couple of hours, boosting it is much harder. I don't know if you can come down completely, and then get the effects again, but if you take some more 1-2 hours in, you can prolong it.

You can extend the experience and even intensify it if first dose isn't that high. I wouldn't redose more than once but I'm sure it would continue to work somewhat.

Yep, I've never noticed a gigantic tolerance ramp up with phens.... Gets kinda tiring after many hours of speeedy tripping though.....

I wasn't tripping off 25mg though, and I couldn't boost it much. So your mileage may vary :)

One time I tried redosing 2CB. I started with 10mg. at the end of a 100mg. MDMA experience. The 10 mg. barely did anything, so I took another 10, then another 10, but I never achieved any truly desirable effects. So I gave it one last go and ate 20mg. and snorted 10mg. The effects got too speedy and it felt dirty, but I never achieved the positive effects of the 2CB. I had also used 2CB a few days prior. The moral.. take a solid dose in the beginning, and maybe one half dose booster to prolong it, but don't chase the experience. Also wait at least a week between uses, because it seems like a good idea.

the 2C-X family has always been described to me as able to re-dose after or during the comedown with great effects. It has always worked for me and friends. I guess it could be different for others though.

It can indeed extend the effects somewhat and produce a general feeling of increased tactile softness when you redose but I wouldn't exactly call those increased effects particularly psychedelic. On that front, redosing 2C's doesn't really work in general in my experience and you should wait at least a week before attempting again but longer like 2-4+ is a much better idea. Perhaps for 2C / psychedelic naieve people the effect of redosing would be described as significant but typically a much higher dose is needed or another more potent route of administration.

Personally I would avoid a second dose of MDMA as much as possible, and if it sounds like you're planning an extended evening I would also keep the initial dose of MDMA moderate so that there isn't a crash. As ever, be aware that the two potentiate each other rather a lot.

Redosing with psychedelics tends to be tricky as tolerance sets in very rapidly. Fortunately, the phenethylamines like 2c-b seem to be a bit more forgiving with redosing than indoles like lsd or shrooms. You could probably achieve the desired effects by repeating the initial dose as the first wears off. It would still be somewhat wasteful, though.

could taking MDMA, followed by 2cb, followed by more mdma and then more 2cb after that work effectively?

This might be a bit too much. I am definitely not a fan of redosing with mdma, especially if you are spacing it out with 2c-b. Just take a single adequate dose and then no more. Taking 2c-b as the mdma wears off is usually a good choice though.

Redosing with psychedelics tends to be tricky as tolerance sets in very rapidly. Fortunately, the phenethylamines like 2c-b seem to be a bit more forgiving with redosing than indoles like lsd or shrooms. You could probably achieve the desired effects by repeating the initial dose as the first wears off. It would still be somewhat wasteful, though.

This might be a bit too much. I am definitely not a fan of redosing with mdma, especially if you are spacing it out with 2c-b. Just take a single adequate dose and then no more. Taking 2c-b as the mdma wears off is usually a good choice though.

Thanks for the input guys. I did only take one dose of 2c b in the end, but I confess i was 3 hours into an acid hit and a dose of mdma by then. Took some more md with the 2c b. This was all at a rave and I can pretty much say it was the best time I've ever had at one. I usually just take mdma raving but recently its effects dont do so much for me (overuse) so i thought i'd give raving on acid a go, with the 2c b and mdma too the music enhancement was unlike anything i've ever experienced, truly incredible. The music was some deliciously disgusting psybreaks (this kind of thing https://soundcloud.com/monk3ylogic) and psychedelic techno, the acid and 2c b made the normal tension of the buildup and satisfaction of the drop in that music multiply beyond what I thought it was capable of. Normally at a rave all the tunes sort of wash past me but this time i felt completely present in every one. I felt like i was part of some completely insane psychedelic circus ride form the future.

I personally always have to redose mdma, the peak only lasts for 2 hours, and i dont experience a comedown so its not a problem. And yeah, taking 2c b as the md wears off is my normal preference. That is always a really nice time to take it

highly highly recommend this combination by the way.

Boosting the dose about 1 hour after taking it seems to work fine. Dosing the next day doesn't really work at all. I've never really had the urge to redose once the effects worn off so I don't know about that. Waiting a week between doses seems to be ideal.

Taking 2c-b as the mdma wears off is usually a good choice though.

I never understood how people can take MDMA first and psychedelics later because I get such a bad comedown from MDMA, the last thing I'd want when coming down would be to be tripping too. Timing is key to this in my oppinion and the psychedelic should wear off before the MDMA does.

I never understood how people can take MDMA first and psychedelics later because I get such a bad comedown from MDMA, the last thing I'd want when coming down would be to be tripping too. Timing is key to this in my oppinion and the psychedelic should wear off before the MDMA does.

You'd be surprised, taking 2c b just as the mdma is wearing off is always a winner in my experience. For me the worst thing about the mdma comedown is losing the warm body high, 2c b comes along with its own, more gentle version of this and generally makes me feel more comfortable, plus nice ripply visuals and a mild psychedelic mindset. Catalyses some great conversations with the people you spent the night with. Perfect thing to do in the morning after a rave when you're not going to be sleeping anyway

I can testify. 8 or 9 hours after taking mdma (200mgish) and feeling myself crashing badly i hit up some 2cb (20mgish). first time i'd ever done so. goodness me, the feeling was incredibly beautiful, and helped, imho, prevent a bad crash. sure, it kept me awake for a bit longer and after sleeping and waking i felt the usual comedown, but that feeling.....! I'm convinced it helped cope with the comedown. I've only done that once and never since, though I'm definitely going to try it again. i'm not a heavy/tall guy btw and 'mature', a relative latecomer to psychedelics, so bear that it mind. also, i was with people while on the mdma, but took the 2c alone in my room.

As others have said: I find 2CB pretty amenable to redosing, but it's generally close to impossible to 'boost' a weak trip to a significantly stronger one - redosing is most effective at extending the peak, not enhancing it. That said, a single large redose after a small initial dose seems to do the trick sometimes - e.g., a 20mg initial dose followed by a 50mg redose a few hours later might produce a second peak that is more intense than the first.

As with all psychedelics, though, I find that I really only have one shot to get to a really interesting or unusual headspace - if the initial dose doesn't get me there, I need at LEAST a good night's sleep before trying again and ideally at least a couple days of non-use. Redosing can produce a more intense body high, more active visuals, and to some extent more altered thought processes, but if I don't get to the point of ego dissolution / out-of-body experiences from the initial peak, I'm not getting there that trip, period. That said, 2CB doesn't tend to go to those really weird places mentally at any dose for me - if I want to get there, tryptamines or LSD seem to be the optimal route. Dosing LSD after 2CB rarely seems to get "weird," but DMT can still get me to breakthrough with little difficulty.

I've found 2C-B to be about the most effective psychedelic I've tried when it comes to redosing. The visuals will be significantly decreased after the first dose, but the redose can be even more euphoric as others have stated. Even taking it for the second day in a row, a very immersive experience is attainable.
Perhaps I've always just had too much on hand though. ;)

Man, 2C-B seems like a real gem out of the 2Cs. I might try to stock up on some more if I can. :)

I want to be able to try that elusive 2C-E as well.