• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

recreational drugs and seroquel

bomber

Bluelighter
How would seroquel affect the euphoria from recreational drugs, especially alcohol?

It increases the risk of falls from ethanol by increasing the drop in blood pressure as well as may increase the sedation, stupor, and confusion.

^Yeah I know that, but I was asking about the euphoric effects. I think I remember reading somewhere that seroquel blocks the euphoric effects, but Im not sure.

I drink beer often while taking seroquel and the only real difference is that the high or beer buzz is slightly nulled. Not really noticeable IMO. Drinking a six pack of beer is still fun for me on that medication but i never consume more than six drinks in a session so i am not sure if your wanting to get super smashed how the effects would be ie consuming 10-15 drinks the way big binge drinkers like to drink on a big night out.

So isn't seroquel a dopamin-serotonin-endofrins blocker?

Comparison of affinities (Ki, nM)[45][46][47][48]
Receptor Quetiapine
(Cloned human receptors) Norquetiapine
(Cloned human receptors)
D1 994.5 99.8 (Rat receptor)
D2 379 196
D3 340 -
D4 2019 -
5-HT1A 394.2 45
5-HT2A 118 48
5-HT2C 1843 107
5-HT6 33 / 1864 -
5-HT7 307 76
α1A 22 144
α1B 14.6 46.4 (Rat receptor)
α2A 3630 237
α2C 28.85 -
H1 6.9 3.5
H2 41.24 -
M1 489 38.3 (Rat receptor)
M3 1631.5 -
NET >10000 12

(Source wikipedia)
the higher the number the Lower it effects that receptor. Seroquel gets metabolized to a second drug which is the second number

Dopamine has different receptors here. Seroquel and norseroquel only weakly binds to dopamine d1, d2 and d3 receptors. Therefore, low doses are likely to indirectly increase dooamine signaling very slightly by filling up autoreceptors on presynaptic neurons.

It is slightly stronger at seritonin receptors 5 ht2a and 5 ht2c these receptors down regulate even if they blocked. Therefore , seroquel and norseroquel bind to 5 ht2a and 5 ht2c receptors blocking them but paradoxically this still downregulates them these receptors are associated with depression and psychosis.

At 5 ht1a it is also pretty low potency so probably binds to autpreceptors increase seritonon ability to bind to post synaptic receptors at low doses which may further contibute to the increase speed of ssri onset paired with low dose seroquel.

alpha1a A2a and a2c probably adds to the hypotension and dizziness with booze esp at high doses and with net increasing noradrenaline signaling very sloghtly at low doses

Histamine antagonism might help reduce flushing

I just wokeup take that with a grain of salt lol if you have any questions id be glad to elaborate.

I bought some seroquel once to try it as a post stim sleep aid but like a total retard bought the extended release.

Sedative doses of that produced sleep followed by a day of what I imagine being lobotomised feels like. I tried numerous doses but didn't notice any significant alteration to opiates, alcohol or stims except at my highest doses of seroquel they were more of a relief than usual. My highest doses were still about 1/3rd of the daily recommended amount for psychosis and if you are experiencing psychotic symptoms it's not the same drug as I confirmed by taking it during a long meth bender.

How would seroquel affect the euphoria from recreational drugs, especially alcohol?
Seroquel can be dangerous if not well informed. This medication can cause extreme drowsiness! I've never heard of mixing it particularly with anything for recreation. I have heard people will take it to help them sleep.