• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Recovering addict with severe ADHD looking to take Vyvanse... Advice?

Warren25

Bluelighter
Hi all.

The predicament I face is that my ADHD is far beyond losing focus sometimes. It heavily affects my quality of life.

I live in a halfway house currently where medication is dispensed for us so that abusing medication is not possible.

Vyvanse has finally arrived in South Africa. This substance was a miracle for me while I had access to it in the States.

The halfway house owner's only issue is that it could very well test positive on the random drug screenings we occasionally do at home. This could mean that were it permitted, I could use illicit substances and blame it on the Vyvanse.

My solution was to offer to send any positive test to the labs where it would show itself not to be methamphetamine.

My question is, would a lab result differentiate between dextroamphetamine (produced by Vyvanse) and methamphetamine.

If so I could propose this. If not, it would not be a possibility during my time at this Halfway house.

This is where I need your help please.

Vyvanse metabolized to dextroamphetamine
methamphetamine metabolized to dextromethamphetamine
---------------------
this mean that vyvanse can give false positive for dextroamphetamine (amp) but not dextromethamphetamine (meth)
and the lap result will show that there is no dextroamphetamine or dextromethamphetamine , because they don't have enzyme to metabolize it like the body have.
So in other words, a lab result will show that it is a false positive for methamphetamine?