• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

reasons to avoid refined sugars/carbs

SHit that sounds BAD - I never considered someone's candidiasis was more severe than myself, because I've never known anyone else who had it.

Yeah... yucky. Leaky gut is a nightmare, but mine's getting so much better! :)

holdupp, if thats the case then why do i know people who eat TONS of crap yet still look good? like thier in-shape and skin looks fine (you know those people)

Because the human body is amazingly resilient and it wants to procreate. So it'll keep you in good condition for a while. Then after 10-15 years of being overweight and/or unhealthy during which you can still have a few kids. The obesity/poor diet will start you on the road to having the typical middle aged problems of diabetes, signs of heart disease like elevated cholesterol and blood pressure. Another 10-15 years of living with those dramas then often leads to premature death. But your children live on.

Eventually all that stuff will happen but the earlier you start doing the damage the earlier it'll get you.

I haven't eatten a carbohydrate in 30 days and I feel amazing.

What does your diet consist of, mostly?

Also, these responses are amazing. I never had any idea that simple sugars and complex carbohydrates really could not digest together.

What does your diet consist of, mostly?

Also, these responses are amazing. I never had any idea that simple sugars and complex carbohydrates really could not digest together.

yeah im diggin the responses.

yet im still having trouble cutting the shit out of my diet=D

oh well, once spring break starts ill start a new supplement regimine and really start my diet haha

^ how do you get your fibre in there too if you don't mind me asking? Sounds like a recipe for severe constipation :eek:

Meat, eggs, cheese

Sounds like the Atkins diet all over again. I give it three months...

Wasn't Atkins already shown not to work in the long run? Too much protein in the body (along with too many animal products) has been shown to increase the likelihood of developing diabetes, heart disease and cancer.

Source: The China Study

Sounds like the Atkins diet all over again. I give it three months...

Wasn't Atkins already shown not to work in the long run? Too much protein in the body (along with too many animal products) has been shown to increase the likelihood of developing diabetes, heart disease and cancer.

Source: The China Study

im pretty sure the guy who invented it (John Atkins) died from mal-nutricion too or something

I looked it up before posting something rude ignorantly. He died of a car accident, I believe is what the report stated. I cannot assuredly state that his diet was the end of him. But in general, a meat and cheese diet doesn't go over well in the long run. It creates a very acidic state in your intestines, which can break down your entire digestive system.

^ What is your reason, big man?

I believe quite the opposite and can site sources to explain my reasoning.

Now now...

We can probably all cite sources that say totally contradictory things. One thing we should be able to agree upon: eating whole, unprocessed food is our best bet for getting and staying healthy.

Avoid gluten. Its crap. Im gluten intolerant but even if i wasnt im so glad i got rid of it from my diet. Its bad, for everyone, and a crappy way to fill yourself up.

Now now...

We can probably all cite sources that say totally contradictory things. One thing we should be able to agree upon: eating whole, unprocessed food is our best bet for getting and staying healthy.

I might agree, but someone who normally eats no carbs and has an avatar of that guy (forget his name, but hence the "big man"; it was me referring to his avatar) probably does not eat many "whole foods", but more of a high protein diet. This is my assumptions from an avatar and a one lined post.

I might agree, but someone who normally eats no carbs and has an avatar of that guy (forget his name, but hence the "big man"; it was me referring to his avatar) probably does not eat many "whole foods", but more of a high protein diet. This is my assumptions from an avatar and a one lined post.

Which is a perfectly adequate amount of information with which to judge somebody :D

Now that we are officially back on topic, here is what I was able to pick up from some online sources:
"Refined sugar is lethal when ingested by humans because it provides only that which nutritionists describe as "empty" or "naked" calories. It lacks the natural minerals which are present in the sugar beet or cane." - from http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/refined-sugar-the-sweetest-poison-of-all.html

Beet and cane sugars contain some minerals that the body can utilize in digestion, but in order to make the sugars that taste oh-so-sweet to us, they need to take out those minerals that make the sugar taste grainy and rough. I guess an alternative to what you're using now would be to try pure cane or beet sugar (I'd go with cane, it's easier to find and might be less expensive).

^ What is your reason, big man?

I believe quite the opposite and can site sources to explain my reasoning.

Because I am constantly hungry as soon as I eat a meal with carbs I feel satisfied n happy then an hour or 2 later and I get severe hunger pains and if I dont eat I feel unhappy, uncomfortable and in a bad mood.

Also I always feel pretty sluggish and cant concentrate and my diet is ultra high in carbs, high in protein and high in fat.

Im spending so much money on food but not gaining much weight because I do alot of excericse but even when I dont excercise I still feel super hungry 24/7.

What brand of bread do you eat? Also, do you eat things like brown rice or barley or actual, whole grains? Most "carbs" these days hardly have any fiber in them; they are almost like empty calories and might be why you're grumpy after having a meal high in carbs.