• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

reasons to avoid refined sugars/carbs

Sounds like the Atkins diet all over again. I give it three months...

Wasn't Atkins already shown not to work in the long run? Too much protein in the body (along with too many animal products) has been shown to increase the likelihood of developing diabetes, heart disease and cancer.

Source: The China Study

Eh, I'm down 20 lbs, 45 total, and have a raging 6 pack. Seems to be working just fine. =D

(to avoid constipation I just take fiber sups..)

Interesting article, OCitchy. TBH I just skimmed it for now, but will give it a read through later. :)

Something I frequently cite when people ask me why I don't eat many processed foods is this article--It's slightly off the topic of refined sugar but it's interesting for anyone looking for the incentive to put down the "fake foods" and pick up the naturally nutritious foods.

^^^"When the liver is filled to its maximum capacity, the excess glycogen is returned to the blood in the form of fatty acids. These are taken to every part of the body and stored in the most inactive areas: the belly, the buttocks, the breasts and the thighs."

holdup so does that mean taking fish oils (omega fatty acids) can actually make you fat?

I am on a low carb diet for almost a year now. I also do intermitted fasting 5 days per week. Only if one is on a low carb diet this is possible without having to suffer to much. Low carb and fasting promotes fat burning. Once the body is fat adapted it will release ketones who feed the brain.

There are many benefits to this besides losing weight. (mTOR, Autophagy) The absence of mood swings is a noticeable side effect from being in 'keto'

I dare to say that for parents with hyper active kids it would be probably a great aid. It does take some work though. It is a daily struggle what to eat, pretty bizarre that if one walks in a supermarket while doing this diet, there are isles that you see from a distance already you do not need to go.

I recommend when you do this type of diet to learn how to make (and like) Cauliflower rice. This is a great staple of the low carb diet. You can also make pizza base with it, look it up:)
Oven dishes are another great way of filling one or two days per week with. Stir fry diverse vegetables short, put them in the oven dish..2 whipped eggs on it, some cream some herbs..on top some raw salmon (chicken, beef) Mozarella slices on it. In the oven 25mins