• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Addiction Reasons/benefits/hidden gems/unoticed changes of quiting crystal meth

Rick_Johnson

Bluelighter
Hey it's yo boy Rick Johnson.

Curious of the good things that come along with stoping meth. Currently a daily user with no reason to quit. I don't hurt anybody I'm going to work everyday there's a smile on my face all the time. I don't have many relationships to uphold. I'm not hanging with the druggies and the dealers so I'm not in that lifestyle at all, so none of that drama I see. I just used and was curious if there was some unseen situation or benefit down fall anything really. I've heard most and all of it. I've had major pycosis before I've seen my fair share of it. Hada pounding chest to the point I went to the hospital to get it checked out. Those are pretty big reasons. And I shrug them off. Seen my mom cry over it. Cried with her over it seen my uncle cry my auntie cry all because of me. Felt shitty as fuck. I just don't Care. Is there something I'm not seeing that someone can bring to light?

Thanks everyone

What more reasons do you need? But if you need one, not giving a fuck about your health and not caring how you affect friends and family and whether they are in your life or not are two biggies. So basically ‘not caring’ as you already mentioned you don’t.

Chronic meth users get lonely pretty fast. Then they die early. But it’s impossible to talk them out of their habits or intervene in their lives until they take a break from it and some if their deeper selves emerges back into the light and they can be reasoned with or appealed to on an emotional level.

What more reasons do you need? But if you need one, not giving a fuck about your health and not caring how you affect friends and family and whether they are in your life or not are two biggies. So basically ‘not caring’ as you already mentioned you don’t.

Chronic meth users get lonely pretty fast. Then they die early. But it’s impossible to talk them out of their habits or intervene in their lives until they take a break from it and some if their deeper selves emerges back into the light and they can be reasoned with or appealed to on an emotional level.
That's that "tuff love" shit you guys talk about. Damn you hit a nerve for a split second there. Thanks. And from the second part of your post you have wisdom because that is totally true also.

Your a pretty cool guy there @Perforated the most time I've ever been on a forum is this blue light one and your deff a fantastic mod it looks like. I'll tuff love you one day. You won't see it coming. I'll always be watching ;)

So basically ‘not caring’ as you already mentioned you don’t.
It's crazy it takes away all feelings. Like it makes you invincible that way. But so cold at the same time. The reason I'm in this shit right now is because my ex and me fucked eachother over. She moved on pretty quick. Well in the other guys bed the day after we broke up for real. I cried for a week and a half like a little baby perf, I was already using had been for a month before the break up I was just tired of crying so I just added shards an shards untill I didn't feel. And then the enjoyment came back and is still present. I'm all fucked up right now man. Don't mean to rant holy.

That's that "tuff love" shit you guys talk about. Damn you hit a nerve for a split second there. Thanks. And from the second part of your post you have wisdom because that is totally true also.

Your a pretty cool guy there @Perforated the most time I've ever been on a forum is this blue light one and your deff a fantastic mod it looks like. I'll tuff love you one day. You won't see it coming. I'll always be watching ;)
It’s not so much tuff love, that’s not my style. It’s a reflection on my own experience as a meth user and my own worries about using it too much.

Mostly we try and deal in the facts of drugs based on a combination of science and members’ personal experiences. Often that involves hard truths.

Thank for the kind words on my modding.

Does that count for non meth user's that are lonely?

Am i shorting my live by having no friends.
I’ve seen research that says older people with few social connections die earlier than people who are active socially. Statiatically speaking and ceteris paribus.

More often men than women.

I’ve seen research that says older people with few social connections die earlier than people who are active socially. Statiatically speaking and ceteris paribus.

More often men than women.
Yes I have read this as well. Humans are social creatures, we need social interaction to be healthy. Rats are the exactly same, and this effect has been shown countless time in rat models, i.e. rats who are housed alone are less healthy overall and die sooner, than rats who are housed in groups.

Does that count for non meth user's that are lonely?

Am i shorting my live by having no friends.
I was 10, on the beach with my parents in Mazatlan doing my own thing probably building a sandcastle, when a little boy with this shock of tumbling blond hair walked right up to me and said "will you be my friend?" Yes

I was 10, on the beach with my parents in Mazatlan doing my own thing probably building a sandcastle, when a little boy with this shock of tumbling blond hair walked right up to me and said "will you be my friend?" Yes
Is this a metaphor? It sounds like a metaphor for something.

No it actually happened. That's about all I remember, the blond hair and the question, then spending the day with a new friend

I think they meant like...what does "long position on life" mean. I must say I've never heard that phrase either :) Does it mean life expectancy?

Agreed as a 23 year old meth user I’m extremely lonely and have no clue how to even form new bonds with people