Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Really Sad Movies vs. lik dis if u cry evertim ;_;

i don't think we'd be able to handle grave of the fireflies now that we've got a toddler in the house.

Vonnegut novels don't seem to make very good movies (imo), but it hasn't stopped people from trying - too much of his voice is lost in the transition between media.

Then again, maybe I'm biased: I practically worship at the altar of Kurt Vonnegut.

Both Slaughterhouse Five and Mother Night were very faithful adaptations, IMO. I prefer the latter, actually, since it isn't as dated.

I didn't like the Slaughterhouse Five adaptation very much, and I hated Breakfast of Champions. Mother Night is one of his most interesting novels, imo, so I'll try to give the film a fair chance.

was still sobbing watching magnolia for the 3rd time, cannot wait for 'the master'

I didn't like the Slaughterhouse Five adaptation very much, and I hated Breakfast of Champions. Mother Night is one of his most interesting novels, imo, so I'll try to give the film a fair chance.

It really is. Especially the main character.

(Spoilers):

NSFW:
There's an intepretation that the main character is a complete sociopath. In this interpretation he is the embodiment of the "banality of evil". He doesn't care about anything except himself. The rise of the Nazis doesn't bother him. The coming war doesn't bother him. He claims to love his wife, but his love is like a drug. We have no indication that he cares about her as a human being, or that he cares what she thinks of him. It's like he's an actor in a role, and she was the perfect actress to star with him. All his life is like a play. When he agrees to the deal with his "blue fairy godmother", his motivation appears to be he just wants to play an exciting role. His propaganda doesn't bother him. Nor what people think about him after the war.

His actions at the end of the novel seem to be him pissed that people didn't understand the role he was playing.

He's an interesting character to read.

There's a plot device called "becoming the mask" - where a character plays a role to the point where they actually become that role. That happens to the main character. But the disturbing thing is that might never had been anything under the mask.

Many good ones mentioned here, but if I need to pick just one movie it would have to be Schindler's list!

Many good ones mentioned here, but if I need to pick just one movie it would have to be Schindler's list!

Yeah without a doubt, especially the scene where he breaks down saying "I could of done so much more"

Having visited one of the camps in Germany myself, the movie just has such a powerful effect on me..

Leaving Las Vegas. Totally gets that feeling of despair once you've gone too far and it feels like you can NEVER stop, even once you've discovered the love of your life.

I always think star wars are some of the saddest movies I've ever seen. Like at the end of episode 6, when vader turns back to the light side and dies, and you realize he never was the bad guy. Also in episode 3 when anakins limbs are severed and he's burned alive. When I first saw the movie as a kid I was balling my eyes out, cause he had so much potential and was genuinely a good person, but was so corrupted by the dark side and he lost everything.