• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Really Sad Movies vs. lik dis if u cry evertim ;_;

Dan1584(2)

Bluelighter
I find it so fascinating that movies can move people to tears, it just boggles my mind how powerful these types of things are. I was just wondering which movies have actually made you cry. I don't want any sarcastic replies like "that movie was so bad it made me cry" or anything like that. I know I'm not the only one.

So I guess I'll start:

Ghost - I just can't help it when in the final scene when Molly can see Sam go to heaven....ahhhh, it gets to me.

Backdraft - Yeah I know this is a dumb one! But everytime I see the end when Kurt Russels character is dying and watches his brother fight the fire and says "thats my brother" and then gets taken away in the ambulance where he dies...it's just so damn depressing...all that brotherly angst between the two and it's only right before one of them dies that they express how much they love each other...damn death scenes!

Romeo & Juliet - First off I'm referring to the remake with Leonardo DeCaprio and Claire Dains...I hate to admit this one too, but it's just so ironically sad! I don't even have to discuss the scene it's very obvious.

hmmmm well that's all I can think of....well no, I lied....this one is even worse...even though I hate this movie and I think it's rather humerous when I'm not watching it, the scene in Titanic when Jack dies, *puts head down in shame* yeah yeah I know.... *presses submit new thread button and goes to therapy to grow up a little*

Braveheart- When William sees Marin walking through the crowd at his execution and smiles. Gets me every time.

Field of Dreams- When he plays ball with the ghost of his dad.

Bowling for Columbine- During the Columbine security tapes/911 calls.

The Empire Strikes Back- I shit you not, when Han is being frozen in carbonite, and Leia is all "I love you!" and Han is just like "I know", and Chewie is roaring and shit...I start blubberin like a little bitch.

Cowboy Bebop: The Movie- In the opening credits when You see Spike at the end...I have no idea why this makes me cry. I think it's just because it's SUCH a good opening.

Also, there was this IMAX movie about the Space Station that made me cry, but I think it was just cuz I really wanted to go into space and the whole thing is so beautiful and amazing to me.

God i suck.

Oh I have to add one more:

Pay It Forward - I can't stand what happens in the end!!! That gets me every damn time, especially when the gathering happens around the house.

Forest Gump - I can't stand it when Jenny dies in the end, it's just sooo sad that they missed out on loving each other truely for all those years and when they finally get together she dies....son of a bitch!!!!

Oh and on a slightly different scale (television)

ER - The episode where Dr.Green dies....I don't think I have cried so much in my life while watching anything. The last half hour I was non stop in tears...at the end of the show my Mom knocked on the door (she was watching it too) and I opened it all red eyed and she was the same way, and all she says is "You too?" SOOOOO sad.

I'm such a wuss when it comes to this shit. But I don't mind being a guy who can cry once and a while, it makes me human :)

i'll agree with pay if forward. i watched that on tv one night, and i cried by myself for a while after it ended.

but the movie that makes me cry like a baby is boys don't cry that movie made me sob, especially when i read the box and found out that it was based on a true story.

I don't know that a movie can make me cry, but the ones that shake me up are:
  • Saving Private Ryan
  • Forrest Gump
  • Grave of the Fireflies
  • Stand By Me
  • We Were Soldiers
  • The Lion King

Whats Eating Gilbert Grape is the only movie ever that made me cry.

Stand By Me and The Shawshank Redemption came close though.

^^ all of those make me cry and certainly Forrest Gump too..

my biggest two would have to be Steel Magnolias and On Golden Pond.
and there's also this Glenn Close movie Immediate Family that i have seen one too many times on Cinemax that really gets me teary.

I get chills, often accompanied by tears from:

The Shawshank Redemption:

* (On the rooftop) . . . "No thanks . . . gave up drinking."

* Mozart in the prison

* "I guess I just miss my friend." (Red)

* "I hope I make it across the border.

I hope to see my friend and shake his hand.

I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams.

I hope." (Red)

The Champ

* "Wake up , champ! Champ . . . wake up!"

A Bronx Tale

* "He's NOT your son - he's MY son. . . . Stay away from my son!"

* "Why would I hurt you - you've been like a father to me!"

Schindler's List

* "I could have done so much more"

"You have done so much."

Rocky

* "Adrian! I did it!"

Kramer Versus Kramer

* Hoffman's breakdown on the witness stand

Field of Dreams

* "Hi . . . I'm Archie Graham."

* "Now if I had only gotten to be a doctor for ten minutes . . . now THAT would have been a tragedy."

* "Hey, Dad . . . wanna have a catch?

"I'd like that."

Carlito's Way

* Penelope Ann Miller's character dancing in the Escape to Paradise advertisement in the subway station as Carlito was bleeding to death

Good Will Hunting

* Robin Williams' character recalling and describing Carlton Fisk's Game Six home run and that he gladly missed because he "had to see about a girl"

* "It's not your fault."

Fresh

* Fresh FINALLY getting to let out his emotions in the closing scene at the chess board with his father

25th Hour

* Monte's father's suggestion as to what Monte could choose to do with the rest of his life

Great thread idea. :)

L O V E L I F E said:
"It's not your fault."

when i first saw that movie, that line had a huge effect on me. i can't really describe it, but yeah. that line definitely came at just the right time in my life.

top gun - when *unnamed for people who never watched it* dies

requiem for a dream - when sara walks out of the treatment

edward scissorhands - when kim says i love you to edward

hardball - when the boy gets shot

God, there are too many to name...I am very sentimental. I'll name the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

*Field of Dreams
*The Green Mile
*What dreams may come (I swear I was the ONLY person that appreciated this damn movie, but I LOVED it, especially the ending)
*Titanic
*A beautiful Mind
*About Shmidt (just cause of the ending when he was so happy cuz of his child sponser)
*The brotherhood of the wolf (it was sad what happened to the lion :( )
*John Q (It was so damn good, even my bf cried for that one :) )
*Sweet November (very sweet movie, although I thought they could have picked someone a lot more genuine than Keanu Reeves for the part)
*Saving Private Ryan
*Good Will Hunting

...there are SO many more. Oh well I will write them down when I think of them....

SLC Punk while tripping
when bob died i cried so hard.

My girl
when the dude died from bees heheheheheh....
but it did make me cry the first time

I cant believe no one mentioned this one, well, may be its just me being fucked up, but I watched

Spirited Away

three times and had tears in my eyes in the end every time starting when Chihiro gets to the Yubaba's sister's house. Such an amazing and ... cute movie. And other than that i can't really remember the last time I had tears.

actually, I'll make a separate thread about this one...

skjalff

So you're all tellnig me that NOBODY fucking cried when Han got frozen in carbonite? Sheesh...heartless bastards...

*Dancer in the Dark - Saddest movie ever made :(
*Empire of the Sun - when Jim's friend is killed and he is saying how he can't remember what his parents look like, and at the end when he is reunited with them.
*LOTR/Fellowship - When Boromir died I nearly cried
*Romeo and Juliet - The Franco Zeffirelli version

I can only think of 2 scenes which have got my tear-ducts working:

Big Wednesday There’a a short scene where a guy comes back from Vietnam and just appears in front of a young woman – a life-long friend - and her daughter on the California beach where he used to be one of the hottest surfers, along with the girl’s husband, his friend Matt. She looks up at him in his army uniform, cries ‘Jack!’ and runs to him. Gets me every time!

Paris, Texas The long scene where Harry Dean Stanton finally meets up with his ex-wife Nastassia Kinski who is working in a Houston sleaze joint. She’s in a booth behind glass and can’t see him, but she can hear him though speakers. At first she doesn't know who he is, but he tells her his story – which she gradually comes to understand is also her story – of the break-up of their relationship, and how deeply it had affected him. It’s so sad but very tender, and beautifully acted.

Man!!!!!!!!!!!

I just fucking watched Armageddon on TV last night and I hadn't seen it in a looong time....damn it to hell I cried so fucking much when Bruce Willis's character sacrficed his life for the sake of the world and he spoke to his daughter over the com link....the reason I cried so hard beisdes it being sad, was I literally imagined me being him and think what I would say to everyone on earth as a last message and what it would feel like to know that I was going to die...

I'm a big sap and I like chick flicks so I'm gonna go with Terms of Endearment and Steel Magnolias if you've lost someone special to you it's so relatable and it'll just make u bawl