• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Reality check and I love it!

When I first started this thread I was unsure as to how well it would be received. Thank you all very much for the wonderful comments that you have made.
Well last night at Passion I did go straight and I stayed right until the very end! I danced for longer last night than I have on many occasions where I've been on pills. Mind you I'm not going to be unrealistic and say that I had the best time ever. It in no way compared to a night on pills and I had to force myself to stick with it until the end. By the time the night was over though I was very happy with the whole experience. I figure that it will only get easier from here to go out without drugs. I'm glad that I was able to stick by the goals that I had set for myself. Today I feel great as well.
I encourage anyone who hasn't already gone and done a night without the drugs to do so. You may have to force yourself (it was a struggle believe me) to do it. By the end though (and only at the end) of the night you will discover so much about yourself and the next day you will have put so much into perspective.

it seems a shitload of people have all gone through a similar sort of thing. I think the attitude you are saying we should have is probably one of the best to have but aint alwasy easy to keep and you can fall into cycles and change ya opinion all the time. Sometimes ya just wanna get fucked up and sometimes ya just wanna enhance ya nite. i reckon its weather you are using the drugs as an escape or for fun probably depending what is goin on in ya life at the time.

Totally agree with Shank there, using drugs as an escape is not the answer to anything. I'm sure many of us have gone through a stage where we didn't care, as long as things went away for just one night...and it never works.
Fine wine seriously that was amazing. You just described what I would have liked to put into words.
Good work sunshine
smile.gif

Really good to see this post. I've been going througha mentally challenging time myslef at the moment and am not taking pills (Although it would be very easy to do so). Won't be for another month yet (Well slinky actually) as I need to focus on the issues at hand and not drift of to fantasie land.
A word to everyone you can rave straight its easy to do and you usually dance for a lot longer. Plus it doesn't mean you can't still have bullshit conversations with people.

Super post + very true.
I am having a 2 month break from pills because i got to the point of taking them as part of my weekend routine, for no real reason, then sitting there on it thinking 'why do i keep doing this?'. In the end my mind and body were fighting the pill so much that it had no effect on me.
So now i'm also rediscovering reality and loving it too!

Fine wine talks muchas senseas!
Most people tend to go through this lesson at some point, I just wish it would happen sooner for some people. Here in the UK, some people treat droppoing like a competition with 10/15 pills a night being the norm, and I know 2 people who will always do 25 pills a night on a regular basis.
I wish they would learn this lesson rather than see them dead which I wont be surprised to see in the near future!
I have never had the urge to take a complete break from pills, but I am now comfortable going out on a night and just dropping the once, which leaves me in a far better state over the next few days!
Good on you FW!
rich