• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

Reagent testing anabolic steroids??

In the Eyes of God

Ex-Bluelighter
Does anyone know if any of the reagents like Marquis, Mandelin or Mecke work for anabolic steroids??

Has anyone heard of such a thing?

If no one knows, would it, in theory, be possible for the reagents to react with steroids or is there some chemistry-related reason they wouldnt?

Steroids are just chemicals like anyother drug, not peptides, so I dont see why there wouldnt at least be the potential for reactions to occur???

This is a very interesting question. I wish I could help you, but I know nothing about steroids.

:(

I have a huge list of chemicals that will react to reagents, if you could give me a particular name of a steroid I could try & look it up for you.

^

Heres some steroid names you can try and lookup for me thatd be great;

Methandrostenolone, Oxandrolone, Oxymethelone, Stanozolol, Trenbolone, Testosterone, Fluoxymesterone, Chlorodehydromethyltestosterone, Nandrolone, Drostanolone, Methenolone.

Im not sure it would now that I really think about it. I mean, virtually each steroid differs from the others by just a slight change to the structure. So im not sure if the reagent color change would differe noticeably between each various steroid. It may give a reaction color for steroids in general, but would it be able to give a discernable color difference between each individual steroid knowing they only differ ever so slightly in their chemical structures?

But then again, Morphine and Heroin differ only by a slight change as well, the acetyl group, yet reagent testing shows a distinguishable color difference between the two (blue and black I think?).

So that fact, makes me unsure.

I checked my list, and none of those steroids are on it.

Have you asked this question in Steroid Discussion? I bet they could tell you better than I can...I only know about ecstasy testing. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. :(

Naw SD cant help, they wont know the answer neither. This was my best shot at it.

Oh well. I could always figure it out by just trying and seeing what happens. Thanks anyways though. Maybe someday someone will chime in with the answer to this thread. I wont hold my breath on it though.

It would be nice to have a reagent testing kit for steroids, so you could know what your gear contains. Theres always tons of fake steroids floating around or mislabelled AAS, such as cheaper steroids labelled as more expensive steroids.

I wish there was a testing kit for 'everything'. :)

I really wish I could have helped you further. Maybe one day our (now retired) super guru of reagents, phase_dancer, will see this question and can help you further.

if your in the US dont send it to a US company espec after ORD (operation raw deal) you will be asked to provide a controlled substance # and if you dont have one as registered with the DEA you will get screwed over...your best bet is to buy human grade gear or to send it to a different country which costs $$ and is shady, but good luck..

Clarke's Analysis of Drugs and Poisons lists reagent test for many of the above, however most of these are not commonly available and as suggested, some variations in color changes may be difficult to distinguish.