• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Reaction to Opana IR? Flushed face , etc.

aaMizer720

Ex-Bluelighter
I took it an hour and a half ago. 20 mg. Orally. Opana IR. I have a flushed face, it’s red on the cheeks. Some stomach pain, and it felt like my throat was kind of closing but it wasn’t becsise I’m still here and that feeling is gone. Also feel feverish. So wierd, I took 40 my orally yesterday and felt fine. I’m done with oxymorphone. I hope this isn’t a serious reaction and t goes away. Anyone ever have that? I just took 100 mg of my oxycodone I just got finally , hoping to feel better.

Thanks

I've gotten a similar reaction from too much codeine. You might be sensitive to the new medication. How are you feeling now? Tell your doctor if it continues and maybe he can switch you back to oxycodone.

Calderone , I’ve never had it before. It was wierd. It was like my throat got tight but I could still breathe and swallow. My face felt hot and was visibly red with a low fever. And I had bad stomach cramps. I relaxed with an ice pack after I took oxycodone. I definitely don’t like the Opanas ??

This is a histamine reaction from the opioid. I almost always got this when I used and I noticed the problem was worse with morphine (which is the metabolite of codeine) than with hydro or oxy. I started taking an antihistamine (Allegra, 180 mg) about 3 hours beforehand and this helped somewhat.