• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Raving-What does it Mean to you? Part 2 (or "proof you'll all be jaded eventually")

After 6 years of taking ecstasy I can go out, take half a pill, and think "Holy Shit, I haven't had such a good time in a long time."
My life don't revolve around it, but once in a while it makes a Night; and that is what being alive is about.

to me raving? ;) Two Tirbes 2002 Melbourne Park is a PRIME example of what raving should be...sitting on grassy patch with friends...quality time...live music...dancing with frineds...having a blast...and hearing someone say...much like anna!'s comment...
#1: im going straight tonight...
#2: y?
#1: splent all my cash on a ticket...
...two hours into the event...
#1: im so f*#ked
#2: i thought you were going straight??
#1: i WAS till bout an hour ago... :)
*queensmack* :D

I consider myself a raver
because
I follow PLUR (to an extent)
I believe in community
I love the music
I love the people
I love the scene
I love the rebellious neo-romantic undertone that most people seem to miss in the scene. That concept of the man not hloding us down, that we are free to be ourselves completely without any kind of fear.
Im a Raver but Im not a stereotype

rave = dance
"SO SHUT UP AND DANCE"
[ 14 March 2002: Message edited by: orangesox ]

raving.... hmmm... i've been raving now for 2 1/2 years, and although i have become a little jaded, i still live for going out, things i love (and have always loved...) include:
meeting new people
lasers
good pumping music
morning sets
going out with a person who you barely know, becoming best friends by the end of the nite
meh, anyways, like everything, reality is just perception....

Originally posted by muzby:

meeting new people
lasers
good pumping music
morning sets
going out with a person who you barely know, becoming best friends by the end of the nite

Amen to that!! :) especialy the last point :D

To me, raving means being a part of the best (not to mention biggest) youth subculture in history.
I seriously think we have the best music, the biggest and best range of drugs (except acid which must have been better in the 60's), more avenues for communication and expression and a greater feeling of 'togetherness" than any other population of young people in any past culture that i can think of.

Originally posted by muzby:

meeting new people
lasers
good pumping music
morning sets

Agreed
biggthumpup.gif

it seems to me like some people out there wear jaded on their sleeves like a medal or something. like youre not a real raver until your completely bored and miserable with the scene. if you're sick of it, step back for a while, find something new & different and leave the raving to the people who are enjoying it, because that's the whole fucking point!! dont deride those who get a kick out of it just because it doesnt work for you anymore.

I'm about as close to Jaded at the moment as I've ever been. But you know what I'm starting to look for things in the party scene I haven't seen or haven't gotten into previously.
Little things like I'm starting to like Happy Hardcore, or picking smaller parties for a while because the bigs ones are boring (Not boring for ever, I just need a big event break), anyone who saw me at TT would have noticed I didn't get into it but instead of whining to everyone about it and thats all I have qualified every statement that I just need to doa bit of different partying for a while to gain the interest level.
Oh and the best part is that small parties cost less therefore I have more money to buy phat pants and Kandy Mwhahaah!
[ 20 March 2002: Message edited by: Airwalk ]

As an objective thing? To me it doesn't mean anything more than anything else. It's about people, and freedom, and constraint. Like everything else.

I am over raves now but that's not to say that the handful of raves that I went to didn't teach me things about myself and how to open up to others emotionally.
Greedy, lying promoters piss me off which is why I am a jaded raver but I still value the raver ideal of PLUR. That's one thing I have taken with me for the rest of my life.
*PLUR on and fuck the promoters!!!* (note the cynical humor :)

So true... We do become jaded. I feel gay, being called a 'greenlighter' here. Originally, raving was good for one thing, and one thing only... Drugs. Now that my brain is well and truly e-fucked, I have mood swings on the level of manic depression and I more or less can't learn anything new, I'm really sad to say that... Raving still means the same thing to me. Drugs. I doubt it will change, I still enjoy raving. It's just the day-to-day mundane aspects of life I loathe, and given that 90% of my time is spent there, you could say it isn't worth it. But I still think it is. Go the poosticks.

Originally posted by Rectal Anarchy:
Originally, raving was good for one thing, and one thing only... Drugs. WTF? I hope you meant to say that raving was only good for drugs for yourself not just in general...
And no-one has to become jaded, I'm still loving it after going out for 8 years (and drugs for about 4 & 1/2) and I'm sure there are people who have been there for longer...
Don't consider it a phase, something you could 'get over' and you won't get jaded...
[ 20 March 2002: Message edited by: Tarsarlan ]