Rate the song above you (youtube) --- Part 2+2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the vocal but really enjoy how the track still retains its hardness. Those wobs are hitting some funky frequencies and have really nice variation. I like that the drum break has some ghost notes but would've liked a few more fills.
7/10

Santiago + Bushido - "Head Trick"

I'm guessing this is your own track, yeah? I really like the idea of it - a moody, atmospheric, electronic dubstep track. But the mixing is terrible!!!!! - the levels are all over the place (you could try using a compressor to control this), the panning is ridiculous (you should never pan low-frequency sounds i.e. kick drums and basslines), and there are several elements that sound really weak (the snare drum and a few of the synth sounds) - I would recommend you try using the EQs in the mixer, but I would also recommend you invest in either a decent pair of monitor headphones, or ideally some monitor speakers. Anyway.........aside from all the engineering issues, I do like the idea of the track, so overall I'm gonna give it 5/10.

Leviticus - Burial (Chronic 1 mix)

I'm guessing this is your own track, yeah? I really like the idea of it - a moody, atmospheric, electronic dubstep track. But the mixing is terrible!!!!! - the levels are all over the place (you could try using a compressor to control this), the panning is ridiculous (you should never pan low-frequency sounds i.e. kick drums and basslines), and there are several elements that sound really weak (the snare drum and a few of the synth sounds) - I would recommend you try using the EQs in the mixer, but I would also recommend you invest in either a decent pair of monitor headphones, or ideally some monitor speakers. Anyway.........aside from all the engineering issues, I do like the idea of the track, so overall I'm gonna give it 5/10.

Leviticus - Burial (Chronic 1 mix)

not my style but I respect old school jungle.To me it seems like one long intro without drop but back in the days it probably was good.Worst part about the tune are these singing vocals.Dunno why but it takes away something from that jungle vibe going on in different part of the tune.It have practicly no dancefloor energy.It have that nice olschool jungle sounds,with atmosferic quality to it. I give it 8/10. Little more balls and less of certain vocal would make this tune better in my ears without sacrificing that beautiful atmosferic element :)

this is in my opinion one of most energetic dancefloor tune ever made,its high octane sub bass orgy of highest calibre for me :D

Drumsound & Bassline Smith - Cape Fear ( Tantrum Desire VIP remix unreleased dubplate )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmX4hngBOrY

not my style but I respect old school jungle.To me it seems like one long intro without drop but back in the days it probably was good.Worst part about the tune are these singing vocals.Dunno why but it takes away something from that jungle vibe going on in different part of the tune.It have practicly no dancefloor energy.It have that nice olschool jungle sounds,with atmosferic quality to it. I give it 8/10. Little more balls and less of certain vocal would make this tune better in my ears without sacrificing that beautiful atmosferic element :)

this is in my opinion one of most energetic dancefloor tune ever made,its high octane sub bass orgy of highest calibre for me :D

Drumsound & Bassline Smith - Cape Fear ( Tantrum Desire VIP remix unreleased dubplate )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmX4hngBOrY

Super cool! Nice and energetic dancefloor drum & bass. Some more variety would have made this track better tho. 7/10

Nujabes - Counting Stars

I liked the mysterious intro.
I really liked the rattle in the percussion.
There were some very cool atmospheric hits keeping everything interesting.
I liked the countermelody that came in around 5:30 but only b/c it broke the monotony .
The melodies and their patches were corny.
Over 1/2 the song was missing a kick drum.
3/10

DJ Zinc ft Dynamite MC - Creeper

This track is awesome! Haven't really listened to a lot of drum and bass, i assume that's what it is. Looks like ill have to look in to it! 9.5/10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94n-6GcGhzY

Soulwax - E Talking (nite versions)

I've got the 'Nite Versions' CD, and really like some of the tracks on it ('Another Excuse' is my favourite). If I had only heard 'E Talking' at home, I wouldn't think it was anything special..........however, I have heard it played out in clubs, and I know full well the damage it causes!!!!! In particular, the initial build and drop are absolutely sick!!!!! 8/10.

Anodyne - Close Your Eyes (Autechre remix)

I've got the 'Nite Versions' CD, and really like some of the tracks on it ('Another Excuse' is my favourite). If I had only heard 'E Talking' at home, I wouldn't think it was anything special..........however, I have heard it played out in clubs, and I know full well the damage it causes!!!!! In particular, the initial build and drop are absolutely sick!!!!! 8/10.

Anodyne - Close Your Eyes (Autechre remix)

Very nice! I love the cyberpunk vibes, the contrast between the classical sounding melody and break beat + techy synths. 8/10

Guti & Dubshape - Every Cow Has A Bird (Original Mix)

This is excellent, as I would expect from Kassem Mosse. A perfect tune for early in a club set - it's got a bassline that (I think) would sound great over a club soundsystem, with some intricate melodies over the top of it. Very nice!!! 7.5/10.

My apologies for the poor sound quality in this next track - it's pretty rare, and I'm just glad it's on youtube at all!!!

Alex Smoke - Random As

Sucks about the quality. It almost takes away from the track. Dope ass track. This is some really evil sounding techno. Perfect track to listen in a dark room inside a party located at an industrial part of the city.

8/10

Secret Frequency Crew - Aqua

normally not a dubstep fan but wow some melody instead of that aggressive noisy bs dubstep that is played everywhere in clubs these days. I actually didnt mind that track shorty 7/10
Lurance - Heaven

Wow, really enjoyed that! 9/10

It was like The Advent teamed up with Workidz. Very nice!

Now lets take it back to 2001, before David Tipper was David Tipper
Crunch - Crunky

Status
Not open for further replies.