• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Ran out of remeron (mirtazapine) what can I use to substitute?

ColoradoBoy90

Bluelighter
Forgive me if i posted in wrong area. So I ran out of mirtazapine last night (normally take 15mg daily) for a year now, possibly longer. I was stupid and forgot to get it filled. I need to know what I can take that mimics it's action, or at least somewhat...Today will be night two without it. So far I feel zero withdrawal effects (no zaps or anything yet) but I'm scared I won't be able to sleep tonight and wake up to go to the pharmacy tomorrow -- which I MUST DO....

What other meds can I take in place of it that somewhat mimic it's action? I already take NIGHTLY (in addition to the Remeron):

EDIT: This is my actual nightly sleep cocktail =|

Edit: Disclaimer: The OP seems to have a really high tolerance, but even with a high tolerance to every drug he's taking no one should attempt to take that much, as even lower doses will most likely kill you, as it's a combination of various CNS depressants. Don't do it!

--16mg up to 20mg clonzepam (all at once, under tongue 30 mins before bed). I have taken up to 22mg or so at night when I couldn't sleep due to stress.
--20mg OxyContin ER
--10mg Oxycodone IR
--15mg Remeron/mirtazapine
--25mg promethazine
-- 2 tablets of Trazadone, or 100mg
--350mg to 700mg of Soma.
--20mg max dosage of Belsomra/suvorexant (and I have never taken it but am on max dose)
--10mg Ambien (I just stopped taking Ambien once I got Belsomra)
--2 tablets of Doxylamine OTC 50mg
-- 4mg melatonin
--100mg 5HTP
--30mg DXM in hopes it helps "tolerance"
--0.1mg of clonidine in ADDITION to opioids (I was on Hydrmorphone before, 4mg 6X daily +Oxy ER, and the doctor switched my IR meds to oxycodone 10mg 5X daily and it's not even close to as strong as the hydrmorphone was. 2 weeks later I still have opioid withdrawal symptoms. If I take another pill they all go away, so it's WD still no question somehow lasting 2 weeks. )
-- 1 Cigarette while in bed, after all the pills it makes my head just hit the pillow.

I take all these meds AT ONCE/Together/same time. I also take multiple vitamins such as magnesium, etc.

Should I take MORE promethazine? I also have:
-Effexor ER 37.5 mg tablets
-Tramadol 50mg tablets
-Prozac 10mg tablets
- DXM 15mg tablets (not sure how this would help but figured I'd ask. Maybe serotonin increase?)And that's about it...Could add Benadryl if I have any also. Would any of those help?

I could up the trazadone dosage and up and promethazine. I could also take an extra 0.1mg tablet of Cloidine. But I thought since both Effexor and Tramadol affects NE and serotonin like Remeron I thought maybe they might do something -- AND then I just take antihistamines to make them more like Remeron?I don't know what else to try. Sorry if posted in wrong area.

I also have to take that I don't know if they will help:
--Effexor 37.5mg ER
--Tramadol 50mg
--10mg Prozac

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't take DXM with your other medications, you're risking a seizure and serotonion syndrome.

And honetsly you seem to take more than enough and you're not feeling withdrawal effects, so why add another medication?

Damn dude, 10mg of clonazepam a night is a hefty dose...no judgment here, just seems like you would run out of your script pretty quick. As far as the remeron I'm not sure what could mimic it's effects; sounds like this can all be alleviated by going to the pharmacy though man.

I personally feel out of my depth considering the number of different medications that you're using. I would be hesitant to make and suggestions. Your best bet is probably to just wait until you can get more Mirtazapine. There are other drugs out there with similar action in the body, but if you could get a hold of them, I would think you could just as easily get a hold of more Mirtazapine.

I was on 30 mgs of remeron at night in jail for about 6 months or so and i didn't experience any type of withdrawal symptoms upon abrupt discontinuation when I made bail last month

On that note I also just beat a lot of charges including armed robbery and illegal firearms, and walked a free man, they were asking for a 4 year mandatory minimum and upwards of possibly 7-10 years, and I wind the trial! Did a year in jail waiting for trial though.

I don't wanna hijack this thread so please continue the discussion:)

- Trazone 50mg
- clodine 0.1 mg for WD
What is this? Trazodone and clonidine? Or is it clonitazene?

So let's resume, you take daily:
- Trazodone 50 mg, an antidepressant with anti-anxiety (anxiolytic) and sleep-inducing (hypnotic) effects
- Doxylamine, a first-generation antihistamine with sedative effects
- Suvorexant 20 mg, a sedative with a new action mechanism
- Clonazepam 10 mg, a benzodiazepine used to treat epilepsy
- Clonidine 0.1 mg, an α2-adrenerg agonist to treat high blood pressure and opioid withdrawal
- Melatonin 4 mg, a hormone which regulates the sleep-wake cycle

As long as you have at least one antidepressant (in this case trazodone) you should be fine.

You take way too many drugs for sleeping; sleep-inducing drugs (and especially benzodiazepines) cause depression after a while. I would suggest trying to stop clonazepam gradually as long as you don't suffer from epilepsy. Your long term objective should be to stop using suvorexant and/or doxylamine too.

You don't need promethazine, you already take a first-generation antihistamine.
You don't need venlafaxine, you already have an antidepressant.
You don't need tramadol, you're trying to stop using opioids.
You don't need fluoxetine, you already have an antidepressant.
You don't need dextrometorfan, you already use 5 (F I V E) drugs with sedative effects.

Last edited:
What is this? Trazodone and clonidine? Or is it clonitazene?

So let's resume, you take daily:
- Trazodone 50 mg, an antidepressant with anti-anxiety (anxiolytic) and sleep-inducing (hypnotic) effects
- Doxylamine, a first-generation antihistamine with sedative effects
- Suvorexant 20 mg, a sedative with a new action mechanism
- Clonazepam 10 mg, a benzodiazepine used to treat epilepsy
- Clonidine 0.1 mg, an α2-adrenerg agonist to treat high blood pressure and opioid withdrawal
- Melatonin 4 mg, a hormone which regulates the sleep-wake cycle

As long as you have at least one antidepressant (in this case trazodone) you should be fine.

You take way too many drugs for sleeping; sleep-inducing drugs (and especially benzodiazepines) cause depression after a while. I would suggest trying to stop clonazepam gradually as long as you don't suffer from epilepsy. Your long term objective should be to stop using suvorexant and/or doxylamine too.

You don't need promethazine, you already take a first-generation antihistamine.
You don't need venlafaxine, you already have an antidepressant.
You don't need tramadol, you're trying to stop using opioids.
You don't need fluoxetine, you already have an antidepressant.
You don't need dextrometorfan, you already use 5 (F I V E) drugs with sedative effects.

I feel what you're saying, but not all antidepressants work on the same systems. Trazadone is an SARI, producing effects primarily by altering levels of Serotoning, while Venlafaxine (Effexor) has a dual role of also effecting levels of norepinephrine. Fluoxetine is further different, being an SSRI. You can't fully substitute these for each other for these reasons.

Mirtazapine is a noradrenergic and specific serotonergic antidepressant (NaSSA) so it's different than any of the previously mentioned 3. I thought that might be important to mention.

This is what led me to say that I wasn't really sure how to comment constructively. There's a lot of different prescriptions at play. Even if he's not currently taking them, these drugs can remain free in the body for long periods of time following prolonged administration and one can only assume that if he's got the prescriptions, he was taking them.

I take large doses of Med's also. The array that You take at night & being on only 15mg's or Remeron & having to go just 1 more night. I'm not a Doctor and this should not be taken as any kind of Medical advise or instructions. I am confident as long as You don't get your self worked up & start thinking the worst, You'll wake up in the morning & this will be history. Speaking of history, there are comments all ready made on this thread about the mess of Med's Your knowingly taking. Being on Remeron myself I wish You the best, hope You sleep well.

Damn dude, 10mg of clonazepam a night is a hefty dose...no judgment here, just seems like you would run out of your script pretty quick. As far as the remeron I'm not sure what could mimic it's effects; sounds like this can all be alleviated by going to the pharmacy though man.

BUT.. That's really only what I take on my days off work... In reality in order to sleep I take a lot more, I don't know if I sleep or just have a nightly Coma:

This is my actual nightly sleep cocktail =|

--16mg up to 20mg clonzepam (all at once, under tongue 30 mins before bed). I have taken up to 22mg or so at night when I couldn't sleep due to stress.
--20mg OxyContin ER
--10mg Oxycodone IR
--15mg Remeron/mirtazapine
--25mg promethazine
-- 2 tablets of Trazadone, or 100mg
--350mg to 700mg of Soma.
--20mg max dosage of Belsomra/suvorexant (and I have never taken it but am on max dose)
--10mg Ambien (I just stopped taking Ambien once I got Belsomra)
--2 tablets of Doxylamine OTC 50mg
-- 4mg melatonin
--100mg 5HTP
--30mg DXM in hopes it helps "tolerance"
--0.1mg of clonidine in ADDITION to opioids (I was on Hydrmorphone before, 4mg 6X daily +Oxy ER, and the doctor switched my IR meds to oxycodone 10mg 5X daily and it's not even close to as strong as the hydrmorphone was. 2 weeks later I still have opioid withdrawal symptoms. If I take another pill they all go away, so it's WD still no question somehow lasting 2 weeks. )
-- 1 Cigarette while in bed, after all the pills it makes my head just hit the pillow.

I take all these meds AT ONCE/Together/same time. I also take multiple vitamins such as magnesium, etc.

Oh god help me...I used to take MORE before. But Detox for HEAVY HEAVY Benzo usage and heavy opiod usage, along with the sleep cocktail of death I take nightly has been on my mind forever... A rapid detox would probably kill me. But I can't afford years of rehab either. I thought people did worse than me, but maybe I am really that bad.

I'm gonna attempt to cut down on everything slowly after reading these comments. It's just scary. Any tips or help please post them. Even if calling me an idiot, I need to hear it to wake up to reality and stop.

Last edited:
Mirtazapine at 15mg is primarily an anti-histamine, I wouldn't worry about withdrawals too much. Your histamine receptors are probably already being blocked a fair bit by promethazine and trazodone.

And you are indeed taking quite a few medications. I worry that your sleep architecture is getting destroyed and that you are getting non-restorative sleep, further worsening your sleeplessness and underlying cause of insomnia.

I would really make a plan to start tapering the sleep medications if I were you, but I would learn some mindfulness meditation first. After daily practice of mindfulness meditation, you might find that benzodiazepine withdrawals are a teensy bit easier. Its hard to say which ones you should begin tapering first.

There are also studies suggesting that sodium channel antagonists like carbamazepine can help with benzodiazepine withdrawal, but there are issues with liver enzyme inhibition and you are on so many meds, that if you wish to assist your benzo withdrawal with a sodium channel antagonist, you may want to taper off everything else except the benzos first. This would be great to talk to a psychiatrist about.

Its also been pondered that an AMPA antagonist like Perampanel may help with GABAergic (benzo/soma) drug withdrawal. A lot of the withdrawal and tolerance experienced with GABA drugs is really mediated by downstream compensation of a neurotransmitter glutamate, the primary excitatory neurotransmitter. Glutamate can turn up its volume in response to increased inhibition mediated by GABA, and an AMPA (a form of glutamate receptor) antagonist may help diminish tolerance, mitigate withdrawal symptoms themselves, as well as help diminish the effect of kindling - that is the effect where repeated withdrawals cause successively worse withdrawals.

So a sodium channel antagonist like Oxcarbazepine, Carbamazepine, or other anti-epileptic like topiramate, could prove useful for GABA drug withdrawal, and then there is also Perampanel. I should warn that there is a withdrawal syndrome associated with the aforementioned meds but my two cents is that it may be better to use those meds to help you withdraw from GABA drugs, and then withdraw from carbamazepine/perampanel.

Last edited:
Mirtazapine at 15mg is primarily an anti-histamine, I wouldn't worry about withdrawals too much. Your histamine receptors are probably already being blocked a fair bit by promethazine and trazodone.

And you are indeed taking quite a few medications. I worry that your sleep architecture is getting destroyed and that you are getting non-restorative sleep, further worsening your sleeplessness and underlying cause of insomnia.

I would really make a plan to start tapering the sleep medications if I were you, but I would learn some mindfulness meditation first. After daily practice of mindfulness meditation, you might find that benzodiazepine withdrawals are a teensy bit easier. Its hard to say which ones you should begin tapering first.

There are also studies suggesting that sodium channel antagonists like carbamazepine can help with benzodiazepine withdrawal, but there are issues with liver enzyme inhibition and you are on so many meds, that if you wish to assist your benzo withdrawal with a sodium channel antagonist, you may want to taper off everything else except the benzos first. This would be great to talk to a psychiatrist about.

Its also been pondered that an AMPA antagonist like Perampanel may help with GABAergic (benzo/soma) drug withdrawal. A lot of the withdrawal and tolerance experienced with GABA drugs is really mediated by downstream compensation of a neurotransmitter glutamate, the primary excitatory neurotransmitter. Glutamate can turn up its volume in response to increased inhibition mediated by GABA, and an AMPA (a form of glutamate receptor) antagonist may help diminish tolerance, mitigate withdrawal symptoms themselves, as well as help diminish the effect of kindling - that is the effect where repeated withdrawals cause successively worse withdrawals.

So a sodium channel antagonist like Oxcarbazepine, Carbamazepine, or other anti-epileptic like topiramate, could prove useful for GABA drug withdrawal, and then there is also Perampanel. I should warn that there is a withdrawal syndrome associated with the aforementioned meds but my two cents is that it may be better to use those meds to help you withdraw from GABA drugs, and then withdraw from carbamazepine/perampanel.

I was afraid to say something... I didn't want to rock the boat, but it sounds like there's a potentially devastating dependency at play here. Are we violating Harm Reduction, I guess is the question, by not taking some kind of positive action on this?

I hope this isn't closed, as I seek HARM REDUCTION tips so I don't one night die and not wake up because of the massive respiratory depression occurring just to sleep. Please keep this open so I can get some advice, and help on how to cut down.

I heard about meds to help get off them, I just didn't know their names. Thanks for the advice on that.

I already learned what I take is absolutely insane and deadly. Heck, the pharmacist said I could DIE and not wake up just from Soma+Benzos (when I was on half the dosage) + opioids, no matter how long and tolerant I am too them. They didn't even look at my other meds..... I want a way to get myself off as many of these as possible...
God I know it's crazy what I take, but I know there is meds and tips to help me (like the poster above).

^We definitely have enough addicts and dependent users to give you a decent picture of how your withdrawal from these medications will play out. So, you're right about the Carisoprodol (Soma). It's basically a pro-drug for the delivery of Meprobamate (Miltown, Equanil), a once incredibly popular non-Barbiturate sedative. Non-Barbiturate is a pretty deceptive term though. It possesses most of the qualities of a Barbiturate as opposed to a Benzodiazepine. So, it's especially dangerous to combine with other CNS depressants.

There are plenty of medications that can be used to ween you off these drugs. What's your plan and how would you like to move forward? It would be helpful to know in advance what your current status is in the way of medical care. Can you access a prescriber? We're here to help you!

I was afraid to say something... I didn't want to rock the boat, but it sounds like there's a potentially devastating dependency at play here. Are we violating Harm Reduction, I guess is the question, by not taking some kind of positive action on this?

I am usually weary of giving out such advice like advocating quitting drugs that one is dependent on but I feel like OP wants to quit and may just need some support and guidance. I would be curious to hear what the heck is going on with OP's doctor(s) and coordination of care, as I don't see any reasonable doctor prescribing all those meds at once, and it may be in the least our duty to note to the OP that that is an incredible amount of medication for insomnia, which sleep clinicians are generally strongly against medicating with GABAergic drugs because they are not in the patients best interest long term. But most doctors seem negligent in regards to dependence and withdrawal, as well as GABAergic drug's disruption of sleep architecture.

I think the peers of patients can serve as a checks and balance system when prescriptions run wild, even though we're not medical professionals yada yada (or at least I'm not), but there is an incredible amount of piss poor medical professionals out there so I wouldn't look at this situation like it is us advocating going against an incredibly nuanced and professional expert doctor's instructions.

^We definitely have enough addicts and dependent users to give you a decent picture of how your withdrawal from these medications will play out. So, you're right about the Carisoprodol (Soma). It's basically a pro-drug for the delivery of Meprobamate (Miltown, Equanil), a once incredibly popular non-Barbiturate sedative. Non-Barbiturate is a pretty deceptive term though. It possesses most of the qualities of a Barbiturate as opposed to a Benzodiazepine. So, it's especially dangerous to combine with other CNS depressants.

There are plenty of medications that can be used to ween you off these drugs. What's your plan and how would you like to move forward? It would be helpful to know in advance what your current status is in the way of medical care. Can you access a prescriber? We're here to help you!

My doctor is worthless. I go to a psychiatrist and a Pain Doctor. I have no primary care doctor. I have access to medical doctors for another 20 days, then I lose my insurance. But I will still pay cash to see my doctor(s) as I can't run out of meds unless I want a deadly sezuire. I also will pay cash to see new doctors, if needed. As for my psychiatrist who prescribes all my meds (besides the Vicodin/Oxy/Soma) I tell him I have trouble sleeping and he just wants to add more meds or increase the dosage...That's his style. More drugs to fix the problem. I told him
I took breaks from Adderall (60mg daily, and I'm 105 pounds) to reduce my tolerance and dependency and he doesn't like that idea. He says I should always take it daily and NOT to take drug holidays!!! Wtf kinda advice is that from a doctor?? I thought all doctors would agree drug holidays are good. So no help there.. He has zero coordination or plan for me, just been handing me pills for over 7 years. Here's how my doctor appt goes:
Dr: what do you need?
Me: I'm out of this.
Dr: *writes new prescription* Anything else?

In fact, when I was young and stupid (and depressed, and heard how Adderall works) I asked him for Adderall saying I heard it works well. He gave it to me right then and there. Also, many times he would ask me "which drug would you like to try.... Ambien? Belstroma? Etc. You pick". He's a doctor who loves prescribing drugs.

I forgot to add:

I take Adderall (15mg) or Dexedrine 5mg, X4 daily during the day to stay awake. I alternate between the two. Then that cocktail at night to sleep.... I have been on Adderall for 7 years, and Clonzepam for 7 years. Been on opioids since 2011 I started off slow, half a Vicodin used to give me a buzz. Then in 2012 I was taking it daily and addicted, so around 5 years.

So I take a prescribed "speed ball" daily basically, all day every day. At the start it was me always being happy, full of energy, motivation, etc. Then tolerance kicked in and now I'm the opposite: depressed, NO energy, no motivation, and I feel like I have permanently damaged my dopamine and or serotonin receptors.

I've had enough. At this point it's either die, or get off the meds. While dying seems like my first preference (due to depression and TOTAL lack of any energy, motivation, and completely hoplesss outlook on life) I do hope there is another way out for me.... And that's a PROPER slow taper off my meds. That's my goal. Probably saving the hardest ones, Benzo and opioids for last.

I believe I saw someone say gettting of Belstroma is one of the first ones I should try to get off, is that correct? Along with Doxylamine. Now when I re-read it, I don't see it in the replies..... These drugs are messing with my mind. But if someone did say that and I just skipped over it, I think I can do that. I have run out (insurance doesn't cover and it's over $10 a pill without insurance) before and took just trazadone+ other meds and slept okay.... So if that's where I should start, I will... Tonight. I''ll cut it in half first for a few days then go cold turkey like I have before... Then once that's done, I will see what the next step or medication I should try to slowly cut off.

Since I'm on soooo many meds, there's probably an "order" I should get off them slowly. I trust advice on BL more than my doctors sadly. I hope I can get that advice and guidance here, honestly the smartest forum I have ever been on. Thank you Richards, and others for offering help... I get more help from online strangers then in real life. Sad. But I need help and guidance, as my body cannot sustain this. BTW, Richards, it says your PM Inbox is full.

Note: I'm not a medical professional and consulting a psychiatrist or other doctor about all the information herein would be a great idea

But personally, I would taper 5-HTP and melatonin which shouldn't be a big deal (tapering 5-HTP might actually help), then belsomra which also shouldn't be too bad, then on to promethazine which I would go slowly with until you get a feel for the withdrawal, then trazodone. I imagine trazodone will be the majority of this portion of the taper, and you may need a week or two to normalize after that and it may take a week or two to taper, hard to say (everyone is different). At this point you should be down to just the opioids and benzos/soma.

I don't have any reasoning or experience as to taper the opioids or GABA drugs first aside from if you taper the opioids first you might be able to taper the GABA drugs with the assistance of carbamazepine etc. without too much liver enzyme interaction (although I'm not too sure, its important when mixing things like carbamazepine with other drugs to be very careful though, achieving too high blood concentrations of carbamazepine can be very bad).

My two cents is that opioid use doesn't look too bad (as far as your nightly cocktail of about 30mg oxycontin), so that may not be quite so horrible, but if it does prove to be challenging you could investigate using ultra low dose naltrexone. Its counterintuitive but there are good underlying reasons as to why taking very low doses (.125mg-.25mg, anything above that will probably cause precipitated withdrawal) can ease withdrawal and enhance opioid analgesia.

Last edited:
Note: I'm not a medical professional and consulting a psychiatrist or other doctor about all the information herein would be a great idea

But personally, I would taper 5-HTP and melatonin which shouldn't be a big deal (tapering 5-HTP might actually help), then belsomra which also shouldn't be too bad, then on to promethazine which I would go slowly with until you get a feel for the withdrawal, then trazodone. I imagine trazodone will be the majority of this portion of the taper, and you may need a week or two to normalize after that and it may take a week or two to taper, hard to say (everyone is different). At this point you should be down to just the opioids and benzos/soma.

I don't have any reasoning or experience as to taper the opioids or GABA drugs first aside from if you taper the opioids first you might be able to taper the GABA drugs with the assistance of carbamazepine etc. without too much liver enzyme interaction (although I'm not too sure, its important when mixing things like carbamazepine with other drugs to be very careful though, achieving too high blood concentrations of carbamazepine can be very bad).

My two cents is that opioid use doesn't look too bad (as far as your nightly cocktail of about 30mg oxycontin), so that may not be quite so horrible, but if it does prove to be challenging you could investigate using ultra low dose naltrexone. Its counterintuitive but there are good underlying reasons as to why taking very low doses (.125mg-.25mg, anything above that will probably cause precipitated withdrawal) can ease withdrawal and enhance opioid analgesia.

Thank you. When I don't work. I sleep 100x easier. I just quit my job, so now I'm trying to cut back. I guess the stress of having to wake up early and knowing I have work the next day makes it super hard to sleep. I was in some serious jobs, think careers NOT jobs is what I had, but with my sleep problems, addiction, and problems at work, I couldn't keep it up.

For Oxy, I may only take (estimate) of 30mg at night -- but I take 140mg++ daily. I take a pain pill every 2 hours, sometimes sooner. For a 100 pound guy that's like equal to 300mg to many others on here. The opiod withdrawal hits HARD and fast. Like right now. I just took 30mg and I'm in pretty modertate W/D. Probably because I didn't take it with enough
fatty food. I swear 10mg hydro/Oxy IR with fatty foods is STRONGER than 30mg hydro/Oxy IR with no food.

Oh my WORST days (2 weeks ago) I was taking 120mg Vicodin per day (12 pills) + 40mg oxy ER, PLUS.... Anywhere from an extra 10mg to 30mg to keep me asleep. So that is what, 150mg Vicodin per day + the OxyContin. Now I've been forced to cut back, because I ran out of instant release meds and started to take ER pills in there place.

As anytime I wake up, I am in WD (even if I wake up 2 or 3 hours after going to bed) and have to take a minimum of 10mg IR to fall back asleep. Some nights when I wake up 3-4 times in a night, I take a pill every time I wake up, therefore I'm taking an extra 30mg to 40mg EXTRA just to stay asleep many nights.

So the opiod withdrawal and Benzo withdrawal will be the hardest.

I took NO Belstroma or 5HTP last night, nor Promethazine. My stomach feels odd, so I probably shouldn't have cut the promethazine so quick. But even without the Belstroma I fell asleep and had tons of very vivid dreams. It was hard to wake up, so I slept in 3 hours past my alarm.

As for Ultra low dose naltrexone I REALLY want to try that more than anything. I remember there was a drug compounded in the US with ULTRA low dose naltrexone + 10mg oxycodone, it was studied, patented, and about to be released and the FDA just "ghosted it", so to speak. Since then I haven't heard of any compounds in the US that mix them with opioids... Not to sound crazy, but I believe the FDA doesn't want it on the market. Ugh.

Last edited:
Is there any link to TRAZADONE and darn-near like narcolepsy? Not the narcolepsy you are thinking such as falling asleep randomly or at the wheel -- I'm talking *almost* the COMPLETE inability to wake up, and the most extreme fatigue that you just keep sleeping and sleeping all day??

I take 2 Trazadones (100mg) in addition to what I take above. I read countless reviews on how it's got many next day affects, some people also reporting sleeping all day.
So I decided last night to take less than half my normal dosage -- 75mg. I went to bed around 3am. I woke up at 11am, then slept in until around 11:45am and actually woke up. So a little over 8 hours. This is unheard of for me! Normally I sleep through 3 (THREE) ALARMS and sleep for 12-14 or more hours. This time the first alarm woke up, and I only slept in a tiny bit extra.

I'm starting to think Trazadone is what I should cut down on first, as it's putting me to sleep for 12-14 hours a day. Problem
Is, if I take only a small amount of Trazadone (say 50mg) then I have trouble feeling tired as my body is used to 200mg of it. So I took half a promethazine (12.5mg) and 1.5 tablets of Doxylamine which put me to sleep fine, to make up for the less Trazadone I took. And I woke up fine. My sleep felt more "natural", and I woke up not feeling like I overslept.

In summary, Trazadone seems evil. It makes me sleep my life away. I want to cut back from this antidepressant with minimal withdrawal symptoms (especially antidepressant WD ones, those can be rough). Any tips? Will Remeron help cancel out any tradazone WD? Or Is Trazadone WD not really any issue at all?

Holy shit OP how the fuck are you able to take Tramadol with this mix-bag of Anti-depressants, Promethazine, Dxm, and all these other things without having a seizure?
I mean without having AT LEAST a seizure?

Promethazine will put me into a narcosis all by itself LOL, wouldn't touch Trazodone with a stick.

I hate anti-depressants though...Clinical depression is over-diagnosed & rampantly Over-treated...CIRCUMSTANTIAL depression, however, is far more prevalent and likely in 9/10 people. True clinical depression is not common at all, unless it's inherited, or drug-induced.

Remeron is NOT a narcotic, can't your doctor call you in a refill easy peasy?