• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

R.I.P. FuNkYJuNkY (7/6/82 - 11/11/09)

a100unitSHOT

Bluelighter
My best friend, Matt, better known around here by his screen name FuNkYJuNkY, died a few weeks ago. He didn't really make that many posts (I think he was still a greenlighter), so you all probably didn't know him very well. Most of his posts were in the technology forum. Anyway...

He died November 11th, joining the 27 club. Luckily, despite being a two or three year iv opioid/heroin user, drugs did not take his life. He was born with an enlarged heart muscle. At the time of his birth, the doctors said the risk of the surgery to fix the problem outweighed the risk of living with it. They did, however, say that he WOULD need the surgery at some point in his twenties. Unfortunately, he never had the surgery, and a few weeks ago, his heart gave out and he was found on his back porch late at night by his father. He was taken to the hospital, but pronounced dead upon arrival.

Matt was one of the nicest people I have ever known in my life. There were so many times I was having enormous stress in my life due to shitty relationships, my own addiction, and other problems that come with being an addict, and every time I would call him to bitch about it, he always took the time to listen and offer me his advice and always told me it would be okay. He was the only friend I have ever had that was never judgmental or critical of me for my bad decisions, and he was the only friend that would send me a text if he hadn't heard from me in a while and just ask if I was okay, and if there was anything he could do for me. People like that are extremely hard to find these days, and I believe he was just too good for this fucked up world.

I love you Matt, you will be missed by many many people. Hope you are having fun. Let me know how the dope is in heaven.

That sucks :(

My thoughts go out to you and his family

RIP <3

I'm really sorry to hear about this, and about your personal loss.

You and his family are in my thoughts <3

Wow, such quick replies. Thank you both very much. That means a lot to me and his friends and family.

The only thing that haunts me is, the night he died, I had a question for him and called him around eight o'clock at night. He didn't answer, but called me back an hour later, but I missed his call. By that time, I had already found out the answer to my question, so I didn't call him back. Now I feel like crap because that was my last chance to talk to him... I know I can't blame myself and I shouldn't let it bother me, but it's just so hard not to look at it that way... You know?

Anyway. Thank you for the replies. :)

man this bluelight shrine is (ironically) killing me... i know most of these people and i cant believe i was just talking to funky a month or two ago... also, i dunno, i find the dope in heaven thing to be a little mean, especially since he did not let drugs consume his life, and only a few years of his life were even devoted to that lifestyle, he shouldnt be remembered like that.

rest in peace, i may be joining you soon from my ridiculous benzo use/attempt to not use

Last edited:
Ya, I was still on dope when I wrote that last line. Funny how many things you said/did were fucking stupid.

Allow me to repay my respects, now clear headed...

I love you Matt, you will be missed by many many people. Hope you are having fun. I will see you when I get there, I know we'll have fun together again someday.

Thanks again, Bluelighters.