• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Quitting suboxone on this Friday!

Unfortunately you're going to need the comfort meds for a good 2 months. Jumping off the dosage you jumped off of is at least 2 months of withdrawals, and maybe more. I'd almost suggest using a short acting opiate for a few weeks, then doing a quick 5 day sub taper. This would end b4 your current way of doing it will.

Unfortunately you're going to need the comfort meds for a good 2 months. Jumping off the dosage you jumped off of is at least 2 months of withdrawals, and maybe more. I'd almost suggest using a short acting opiate for a few weeks, then doing a quick 5 day sub taper. This would end b4 your current way of doing it will.

Do you know this from experience? Its day 6 today and its getting worse day by day.

Subs suck to come off of. It took me 3 days before withdrawals hit and it was crappy for about 5 days. So 8 days totals from my last dose. By Monday you should be out of the worst part of it. Then it's just depression, insomnia and no motivation to do any thing.

Subs suck to come off of. It took me 3 days before withdrawals hit and it was crappy for about 5 days. So 8 days totals from my last dose. By Monday you should be out of the worst part of it. Then it's just depression, insomnia and no motivation to do any thing.[/QUOTE

Did u go cold turkey? If so how much were u on?]

I've done hundreds of hours of research, reading countless journals, and people jumping off just 1mg who were taking them for 2+yrs, withdrew for overt a month. You jumped off 4mg, that is such a huge dose to jump off, and combined with the amount of time you were taking them, tells me from all ive read, you're In for a long ride. I wish i could tell ya differently, but i can't. I was on fentanyl, and oxy, and did a quick 3 day sub taper, it wasn't easy, but i made it. I didn't do it until i read enough on it, and after reading so much, i knew there was no way i wanted to to stay on sub, or even do the 6 week taper(robert325), i just wanted to get through the rough part using sub, then comfort meds tu get through the nexr week or two after.

I've done hundreds of hours of research, reading countless journals, and people jumping off just 1mg who were taking them for 2+yrs, withdrew for overt a month. You jumped off 4mg, that is such a huge dose to jump off, and combined with the amount of time you were taking them, tells me from all ive read, you're In for a long ride. I wish i could tell ya differently, but i can't. I was on fentanyl, and oxy, and did a quick 3 day sub taper, it wasn't easy, but i made it. I didn't do it until i read enough on it, and after reading so much, i knew there was no way i wanted to to stay on sub, or even do the 6 week taper(robert325), i just wanted to get through the rough part using sub, then comfort meds tu get through the nexr week or two after.

Either way im going back to work in a week. We will see how it goes. Hopefully by that time Ill be able to walk a little better because im stumbling and falling and shit. The comfort meds arent helping anymore. We will see how it goes. Thanks for your input I appreciate it..

So its froday now which is day 7 and it gets worse everyday. Idk if the gabapentin is making it worse or what. Which there was a way to speed this up. I just want to be off of this shit.

Hey Bret how is it going?
I don’t post much because my situation sucks and I’m wouldn’t be much help to others but I read daily. I like reading about people who are fighting the good fight and winning. Gives me a little bit of inspiration.
I kicked long term sub use maybe seven years ago. I decided I could not go on any longer the way I was and headed to rehab. (day 16 I think) I swear, on the way there, something happened and I snapped out of it. I still felt bad but much better. The rehab place didn’t take me after a 800$ assessment. Said I had already been through the worst of it. Doctor gave me seroquil for sleep and I was back at work a week later feeling better than I ever had. Ever.
Stupidly, my clean run only lasted a few years.
Addicts have short memories. I knew I never wanted to go through that again but......
I hope you are doing well and feeling better. Give us an update if you don’t mind. I’m throwing a prayer your way.
Good luck.!!! You got this!!
You should be almost done.