• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Addiction Quitting nicotine - How did you do it?

Yeah they're legit. They don't feel like vapes, but they are cheap and at least don't do any harm physically.

Nicotine inhalers. Not vapes. Made by the government. Legit, and not too expensive. It was like 15 per month.
They have them here in Australia too. Plastic inhalers with nicotine oil cartridges inside. The nicotine actually absorbs in your mouth not your lungs so you just suck it in to your your mouth, not inhale it, if that makes sense.
You can buy them from the drug store. But they dish them out for free at detoxes, rehabs and psych wards.

They have them here in Australia too. Plastic inhalers with nicotine oil cartridges inside. The nicotine actually absorbs in your mouth not your lungs so you just suck it in to your your mouth, not inhale it, if that makes sense.
You can buy them from the drug store. But they dish them out for free at detoxes, rehabs and psych wards.
Didn't know that. Hmmmm. Guess you live and learn!

I was never really a daily smoker of anything, as pot and hashish and cigarettes and cigars are expensive. I would smoke when out with friends, at parties, concerts, when drunk or stoned at restaurants, pubs, dance clubs, cinemas, on trains, and bars back when you could smoke in these places, and sometimes at home at night when I would get drunk, stoned, and walk my schnauzer.

What helped me quit tobacco was that I would smoke pot or hashish when I wanted to smoke tobacco, cold turkey, chewing gum or eating candy, and getting more into cardiovascular exercise, and some lifting when I was not doing cardio. I would feel super self-conscious and embarrassed going into a gym after smoking.

Last edited:
I was a heavy tobacco smoker for a hot minute. I quit before vaping took off, not sure if it would have mattered. I used gum and patches but the best for me was switching to cheap cigars. It was a habit I couldn't keep going because of how nasty the smoke was so by the time I put the cigar out I was done with tobacco and nicotine all together. That's the short of it, anyhow. Probably took a couple of years when it was all said and done.

Man, I'm smoking til I die. I don't smoke 20+ cigs a day + 4-5 joints nomoreeeee, I only smoke 1-3 cigs a day or sometimes I skip days. I can control it these days. I'm never gonna quit sadly, it's one of the few pleasure I got left in life.