• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

QUITTING COCAINE FOR GOOD

LawyerLife

Bluelighter
All -

After a good 2 years of going back and forth, it is time to end this insanity. The last 2 months have been marked by weekend binges, which took a good few days to recover from … About 2 weeks ago following another binge weekend, I started developing dizziness and nausea. And it has not stopped since. After all this time, I truly believe that this is my warning that it time to stop destroying myself with this horrible habit.

In the past I have managed to not do anything for 8-9 weeks, and then would run into a few old buddies and it would start again. This time around it is a different story. I’ve never felt this bad after doing blow.

Need some good uplifting stories as
To what to expect … I am depressed, dizzy, nauseous and have just about zero motivation. But I know this is a sign that it is time to
Stop.

Any and all help / insight is appreciated.

i would encourage you to talk honestly with your doctor. - these are not typical symptoms of cocaine withdrawal. It's highly possible the "cocaine" you are taking is something else entirely, but either way i absolutely support you listening to your body and knowing something is not right. Has this been paired with booze? if so, there could be some issues there - liver/galbladder etc. that might need to be looked into.

I was also going to say, dizziness and nausea for 2 weeks after a cocaine binge is not normal.

I would talk to a doctor about this.

Depression and lack of motivation are expected, but long term nausea and dizziness are not a normal symptom of cocaine withdrawal, and can be warning signs of other very serious medical issues.

I was also going to say, dizziness and nausea for 2 weeks after a cocaine binge is not normal.

Depression and lack of motivation are expected, but long term nausea and dizziness are not a normal symptom of cocaine withdrawal, and can be warning signs of other very serious medical issues.
Agreed.

OP, when was the last time you had a physical?

All -

After a good 2 years of going back and forth, it is time to end this insanity. The last 2 months have been marked by weekend binges, which took a good few days to recover from … About 2 weeks ago following another binge weekend, I started developing dizziness and nausea. And it has not stopped since. After all this time, I truly believe that this is my warning that it time to stop destroying myself with this horrible habit.

In the past I have managed to not do anything for 8-9 weeks, and then would run into a few old buddies and it would start again. This time around it is a different story. I’ve never felt this bad after doing blow.

Need some good uplifting stories as
To what to expect … I am depressed, dizzy, nauseous and have just about zero motivation. But I know this is a sign that it is time to
Stop.

Any and all help / insight is appreciated.
If it was a pretty big binge and there was a lot of levamisole in it, the shitty feeling and the dizziness could be from aminorex, which is a metabolite of levamisole.

Aminorex has a half-life of 29+ hours, accumulates in body compartments, and has a bi or triphasic elimination profile.

I have been high for 72+ hours from unintentional 4-MAR or analog intoxication from 75 mg (was presented as different substance)

It's not unreasonable for him to be feeling effects for two weeks considering the potency of SNDR that aminorex is.

I
I guess beware of substitute addiction. Glad it's not meth.
I was going to say. Coke here gets cut rediculously so it could be a number of drugs adding to the nausea/dizziness.

@LawyerLife I managed 2-3 months without meth a number of times. You just eventually have to cut yourself off from any dealers and any friends that want you to use with them. It's hard. Especially since uppers can facilitate connectedness etc sometimes. Just try seeing a D+A counsellor or a psychologist if you can. CBT is very helpful with stimulant use. Try to find something motivating like a tracker (I Am Sober app is good) to see what your cravings have been like, mood etc. Keeping a journal helps. Also try to be open with people you trust about you quitting. Most will support you. Taking up a hobby or just doing something to take your mind off things (gaming, sport, binge watching etc) is helpful. Regular exercise and therapy helped me break past the 2-3 month stage. As well as a good support network :)

3 weeks later and my mind is set like never before. Have to keep it going by reminding myself of the misery that follows after every binge. Yeah it’s a great feeling and an escape for 12 hours. Then I’m useless for at least a week or even longer. This time feels different, the urge to keep doing it is overcome by thinking of of how it is at 10am. The severe loneliness, fatigue, regret, sadness, the sleeping for 24 hours, the isolation … The missed opportunities to socialize and live life.

Gonna do this!

I've only had coke a few times. With meth I started feeling vaguely "normal" at 3-4 weeks. But by the 2nd and 3rd month I was doing a *lot* better.

I have been trying to quit for 6 months. Loys of relapsing. It's so high grade and cheap where I am it's tough.

But now it does nothing good for me. I take one line and I can't stop, I will go all night, my dick shrinks, I want to be alone, it causes depression.

What helps most is not drinking. Once I drink I crave it.

Clonidine stops the cravings aswell

I also on occasions have micro dosed a bit of meth and G which has been good.

Also gym.

Last edited:
I have been trying to quit for 6 months. Loys of relapsing. It's so high grade and cheap where I am it's tough.

But now it does nothing good for me. I take one line and I can't stop, I will go all night, my dick shrinks, I want to be alone, it causes depression.

What helps most is not drinking. Once I drink I crave it.

Clonidine stops the cravings aswell

I also on occasions have micro dosed a bit of meth and G which has been good.

Also gym.
You will quit when you truly become miserable. And you will know when you get there. If you keep going at it, that means that you have not reached your threshold.

For me it was the stark contrast between use and abstinence. I guess you really have to dig a deep hole to get sick of being sick.

You’ll get there eventually, the only question is how much of a punishment it will be. 6 months is nothing, this bad boy is hard to get rid off.

You will quit when you truly become miserable. And you will know when you get there. If you keep going at it, that means that you have not reached your threshold.

For me it was the stark contrast between use and abstinence. I guess you really have to dig a deep hole to get sick of being sick.

You’ll get there eventually, the only question is how much of a punishment it will be. 6 months is nothing, this bad boy is hard to get rid off.

agree, when u take it and u feel depressed instead of euphoric that is the point.