• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Quitting cannabis

Basically this, man, exactly.

That's what people mean when they say cannabis can be a catalyst for pre-existing mental issues. It's not that cannabis directly causes the issue, because it doesn't. What it means is that a person was predisposed (either genetically or otherwise) to a certain illness or condition, and the introduction of cannabis into their body/brain chemistry is just enough to set that illness in motion and/or amplify the symptoms to the point that they're finally noticeable.

Weed isn't alone in this. As far as I know, every psychedelic/hallucinogen carries the potential to "unlock" abnormal thoughts and behaviors that you otherwise would've been able to keep at bay.
As does boredom!

Seriously though, you should start exercising, or start devoting more time to it. It's a fun plus productive hobby which has many benefits.

Also, start doing other things differently in your life, breaking habits. IE switch the side of the bed you sleep on, change your morning routine, take a different route to work etc etc. If you change other habits at the same time, maybe it will make it easier. Good luck! (Also you can always take a legit t break).

So a little background on me.

Ive been using cannabis almost 20 years now.

Have had drug problems with etizolam/diazepam/ketamine the first two i got physically hooked on and ketamine i just abused because i loved the headspace

Ive quit etiz through diaz tapering n got myself off them.

I have tried numerous times to quit cannabis.

The anxiety i get from not using is pretty bad. Though when i smoke nowadays i dnt exactly get alot of relief from it. But it certainly stops me from feeling anxious/looping thoughts i get from not using.

My appetite goes completely and i lose patience easily wgen abstaining from cannabis.

I also smoke nicotine with my cannabis which probably i am withdrawing from nicotine as i smoke alot of joints (10+ a day) but wen off cannabis i hate the taste of tobacco n smoke much less.

Is thc much less addictive than nicotine in the psychological sense? I know its much less addictive physically but im not sure about the cravings i get for both are quite strong..

So back to my question. Im thinking of beginning patches for nicotine. Will cannabis be easy to totally stop when on patches. Would i be better taking cbd vape oil or eat cannabis to get off it? Or are the cravings jusin my head and i will be perfectly fine fully abstaining from cannabis?

Anyone that has given up a 20 year habit of cannabis or has expreience knocking a massive habit of cannabis use has any experience/tips ?

Its shit we still have it illegal in the u.k.

Or edibles would be much easier to source. Sorry for the rant. No smoke atm
I hope I'm replying to this correctly.. anyway when I stopped smoking because I had to for my probation lol.. I really thought I was going to die It was absolutely the worst I don't care what anybody says they can tell me all day long that it's not addictive but I really thought I was going to die I've smoked since I was 12 years old..I didn't have an appetite I couldn't concentrate on anything It was absolutely horrible and I had to quit before all this CBD came out so it was maybe like 5 years ago.I'm sorry this is like a text and I'm not putting periods in let me do better. What I would do now is if you can get some liquid CBD there are some liquid shots out there that have Gabba in them and A few other additives that will help you calm down. The nicotine patch is not going to do anything for you. When you have been smoking as long as we have it is really really difficult. If you can maybe go get some of the CBD flower bud. It will kind of give you something to do as in you can put it in your pipe or roll it up and it kind of helps you with the habit of things.I guess what I'm saying is we've had the habit for so long that it's mental it's very hard to break that mental habit. Like I said I had to quit call Turkey I got put on probation, there is no choice. It was absolutely horrible.. people say a couple of days and you should feel better that's ridiculous. I probably went through at least a month before I felt better. But I highly suggest you getting some of the CBD flower bud to smoke and some liquid CBD to take. Let me know how it works out I'm worried about ya..! I'm not sure why you have to quit smoking but you can do this.. hang in there!

As does boredom!

It's kind of a similar concept, yeah. The biggest difference being weed actually puts psychoactive compounds in your bloodstream, whereas boredom is just the absence of engaging stimuli.

This reminds me of the old saying, "Idle hands are the Devil's workshop."

CBD didn't work for me as I am most probably addicted to the added Tobacco. Weed solo has an natural limit/ ceiling in use for me.

Add Tobacco and it becomes fiending. That is why the Cytisine worked for me.