• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Quitting 6 year opiate habit, how long will WD last? Please help, I'm scared.

Feeling a lot of depression today, send some spare karma my way.

Your doing amazing man! Your already through the worst of it. Can you go do something fun and preferably physical? Like some kinda sports? Obviously the goal is to stimulate your endorphin system. I know during my really nasty suboxone kick the rehab took us to this shitty putt putt place where I raced go karts and played in the batting cages. It made my withdrawal go away for a couple hours. Weed is always nice too.

Day 8, still hanging in there. I was very tempted to take some kratom yesterday but didn't know if it would set me back. Yesterday was rough I had a lot of neck pain and I was very depressed. I quit smoking weed years ago because it started giving me anxiety and I'm subject to random drug testing. But, had a bud of medical mj that a friend got from CO. This shit is truly medicine, it took away 100% of my neck pain and anxiety and depression. If I was able to smoke this when I need to I wouldn't have had any need for opiates or benzos. It's truly amazing what they can do with mj when it's legal.

Day 10. I'm not feeling sick at all now but I have insomnia and my muscles feel really weak. How long will the muscle weakness last it really makes it hard to do anything?

We'll day 3-7 will be the worst that day 4 is the most was the most intense for me after about 7 day restless leg will start to subside week 2 you will start feeling a little better maybe start sleep 4-7 hours a night depending on the person 30 days you will start to feel more energy 6months 1 year you will be almost normal this is a very long process but physical symptoms only last 7 days pick up someone anti diarrhea mess because you will need them

Day 12. No opiates. My muscles feel weak in the mornings when I get up to go to work, but after lunch about 1-1:30 I start feeling fairly normal. I saw my Doctor on Monday as a follow up from seeing the PA a few days earlier. I was pretty honest with the Dr, I didn't get into how much I was taking but she knew I had been taking them for six years and was really cool about everything and seemed to be proud that I had done this on my own. I told her I wasn't sleeping well and my blood pressure was high. She upped my clonidine to .2mg and gave me a 30 supply of temazipam. Doing pretty good just wish the weak feeling in the mornings would go away, it really makes it hard to motivate for work.

Great job Thurston....looks like your doing great....the hardest part for myself wasn't the wd.'s.getting off of them..you suffer for 2 weeks and your through.....its just the second phase. Is what got me ...post acute wd symptoms....weakness .fatigue..general..blankness and boredom.......at this phase you'll wonder..how long will it be till i feel my normal self.again.....just stay strong and. keep busy and exercise lots if u can....

Day 19. Still feel mild dope sickness, like I'm starting to get dope sick all the time. When will this end. I don't have any mental craving but the physical is wearing me out. It's hard to work like this.

Update. I'm still clean after almost 3 months other than using some kratom to get rid of PAWS. I have no desire to take opiates and have turned down free pills with no problems.