• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Quitting 6 year opiate habit, how long will WD last? Please help, I'm scared.

thurston

Bluelighter
At the end of the month I am taking a week off work to go cold turkey, I will be off a total of 9 days. I am prescribed 120 10mg hydrocodone a month for the last 6 years. I generally take all my script in 1.5-2 weeks then take 2-4mg suboxone a day to get me to my next script, 1mg/day will hold me but the junkie in me says take 2-4mg. The last time I took sub I weaned down to 1/8 before getting my script and 10mg Norco x 4 a day is holding me, no withdraw at all except when I wake up in the morning. I've taken 12 Norco at once once in the last week and 8 Norco just a little bit ago, but I'm not going to take more that 4 a day until Friday when my week off starts and I go cold turkey (today is Sunday). I barely feel 12 Norco, when I take that many I feel a slight buzz for about 30-45 minutes, my tolerance is through the roof. How long of a withdraw am I looking at? Will I be getting better at the end of my 9 days off? Will I be better? How long until I'm 80% and 100%? I plan on having 2 Norco with me during the WD just in case something happens and I have to deal with life and not be in full blown WD. How bad will it fuck up my WD if I have to take them 2 or 3 days in? Will I be back to square 1? A friend will be holding the rest of my pills. Let me know if I need to add any more info.

Also I have some Kratom will using a little to ease WD just prolong the ordeal? Will taking Lope prolong WD?

Sorry for the manic post but I keep thinking of things and adding to it.

in all honesty a week prob wont be enough
not trying to scare you but the aftermath of your run will def be a rough one to put it nicely
maybe you can talk to your doc?

Sounds like it will be hell I am sorry to say... you should definitely taper down and then get off... I only used hydro for 2 months and when I quit I wanted to die and cried like a baby 7 days in a row, what you are going to go through is 5,000 times worse... you should really taper down

At the end of the month I am taking a week off work to go cold turkey, I will be off a total of 9 days. I am prescribed 120 10mg hydrocodone a month for the last 6 years. I generally take all my script in 1.5-2 weeks then take 2-4mg suboxone a day to get me to my next script, 1mg/day will hold me but the junkie in me says take 2-4mg. The last time I took sub I weaned down to 1/8 before getting my script and 10mg Norco x 4 a day is holding me, no withdraw at all except when I wake up in the morning. I've taken 12 Norco at once once in the last week and 8 Norco just a little bit ago, but I'm not going to take more that 4 a day until Friday when my week off starts and I go cold turkey (today is Sunday). I barely feel 12 Norco, when I take that many I feel a slight buzz for about 30-45 minutes, my tolerance is through the roof. How long of a withdraw am I looking at? Will I be getting better at the end of my 9 days off? Will I be better? How long until I'm 80% and 100%? I plan on having 2 Norco with me during the WD just in case something happens and I have to deal with life and not be in full blown WD. How bad will it fuck up my WD if I have to take them 2 or 3 days in? Will I be back to square 1? A friend will be holding the rest of my pills. Let me know if I need to add any more info.

Also I have some Kratom will using a little to ease WD just prolong the ordeal? Will taking Lope prolong WD?

read Phreex Faq on narcotic withdrawl it has saved me a few times. type this into google "Phreex withdrawl" oh and let me know if it helped at all. if your too dope sick to research three things that will help 1) lopermide(sp?) 2) aleve (for the aches and pains 3) last but not least something to help you sleep. if you have a benzo script (think restoril, klonopin, halcion, or xanax) use these to KNOCK YO ASS OUT good night and good luck.

Honestly I think the worst parts will be day 3-6 and on day 7 they will get much better. These are the physical ones. You'll still crave them mentally. Your tolerance is super high so it might be a little longer. 7 days is uaully the worst parts though. I go through WD every month and after nearly 11 months of that cycle my WD are minimal. However in the beginning it was hell. One of the most important things is to make yourself get up and do something productive / active even if you don't feel like it. You'll have massive body aches for sure but the aleve will help a shit ton. I even took aleve and also a couple Tylenol when I first started my WD cycles. I applaud you for wanting to actually quit. I don't want to quit I enjoy my 1-2 weeks of WD as it brings me back to reality and I eat better. When I have my norco I eat my hydro and that's it. Let me know your progress... keep us updated.

A couple weeks of acute withdrawal - emesis, diarrhea, hyperhydrosis - with the end of the first week signalling a decline in symptoms. By the end of the second week you should be feeling stronger and stronger each day, although the psychological and nagging residual physical symptoms will linger for an indeterminate period of time. This is a worst case scenario, as others have said, you'll probably be seeing some good improvement by day 5. Good luck.

Thank you for the words of encouragement. I will keep updating once the process begins.

Good luck! You'll probably want to pick up some Immodium to help with the shits. I dropped a 2.5 year oxy habit cold turkey, which at its worst was 100-120 mg / day and that was a straight bitch. I don't remember exactly how long it took but it felt like 2 weeks before I was able to actually focus on anything. The first week I def couldn't hold down any food, and really didn't want to get out of bed (when I did the world seemed to tilt upside down and every which way, while I made my way to the bathroom just to throw up/shit out the empty contents of my stomach again...) My dad finally got me outside in the yard doing some work and gardening around days 7-10 I think? That seemed to really help, then I got into running again and that was very useful.

Day 1 almost over. The legs are the worst. I took 4x2mg lope twice today, didn't seem to help. I also broke down and took 1/2 a norco because the legs were unbearable around 4 today. Will tomorrow be better? Anything for the legs, I've got kpins and a couple of ambien, which I'm not taking until night. Wish me luck send me good karma.

itll probably be worse tomorrow. dont take any more norcos man. day 2-3 is usually the worst, then by the 5-7th day there's usually improvement. you can use the loperimide, but i don't think it's necessary as long as you have a toilet and time off. you'll get through the WD's quicker without the lope.

i know how horrible it is but all you can do is lie down and take it. you've got the time off so it's very doable. it's probably good you're going back to work after 9 days, as lying around after the most intense WD's are over is counter-productive IMO. getting on with your day really helps you forget a lot of symptoms, obviously not when you're puking and shitting yourself at the same time, but when in mild WD's.

oh, and the klonopins and ambien will help a lot. if you have plenty kpins, go crazy with them during the worst of the WD's, but not for any longer than a week.

i assume u are talking about restless leg syndrome and not just aches, only thing that helps with RLS for me is a little bit of alcohol (many will disagree with me here but it fucking helps me so i drink it when I'm kicking bad). there is one other thing that kills RLS and thats gabapentin but u need a script for that. i have the 600mg pills gotta take like 5 or 6 of them to kill RLS but it works.

Lope is good for diahera and nothing else. high does of it will not relieve w/d instead it makes u loopy and tired fuck that shit pill literally all its good for is shit.

Woke up this morning feeling better than yesterday. I made the mistake of taking OTC sleeping pills which gave me restless arms much stronger than the restless legs. I had to take another norco then fell asleep. I don't think the norco hurt because I'm feeling a little better today. Remember I took about 150mg of norco Friday and only 15mg yesterday. None so far today I hope it stays that way.

Dxm will shorten w/d times : http://www.hindawi.com/journals/isrn/2013/546030/

"Conclusion: Dextromethorphan, as a NMDA antagonist, is effective in the relief of withdrawal symptoms. Hence it is very useful in increasing the efficacy of clonidine and reducing the need for opioid agonists. Added dextromethorphan to clonidine resulted in symptom reduction as soon as the second day of admission while patients experienced very few side effects."

Loperamide will prolong the withdrawal, if you use it, follow the directions on the bottle and do not exceed the recommendation. It should only be used to help with diahrea, and not to cover most of the withdrawal symptoms. High dose loperamide causes cardiac problems.

12 Norcos at once? I think you might be damaging your liver big time from all the Tylenol. If you aren't already, please start doing cold water extractions and don't exceed 3 grams of Tylenol a day. Even at 3 grams a day, prolonged use of Tylenol has been very clearly linked with liver problems.

Woke up this morning feeling better than yesterday. I made the mistake of taking OTC sleeping pills which gave me restless arms much stronger than the restless legs. I had to take another norco then fell asleep. I don't think the norco hurt because I'm feeling a little better today. Remember I took about 150mg of norco Friday and only 15mg yesterday. None so far today I hope it stays that way.

Good point to touch on, sedating antihistamines tend to greatly exacerbate akathisia/RLS symptoms. I use diphenhydramine for sleep on a pretty regular basis, but I know better than to utilize it during withdrawal. It sets my akathisia on fire.

Pbuilder I know it was hard on the liver, it's hard to do a CWE at work, but it's very good advice. I don't plan on taking anymore once this is over. I feel unbelievably good today, too good almost. A kpin and Ativan got rid of 50% of the restless limbs. I have almost no dysphoria. Keep sending the karma I'm going to beat this shit.

^^^ yes correct me if I am wrong, but the only useful sleeping antihistamine to use in w/d is doxylamine or Chlorphenamine

Hmmm, I've found all of the standard OTC sleep aids (antihistamines) to exacerbate negative physical symptoms. I think melatonin is the most practical choice. Clonidine is even better as it is sedating and helps mitigate pesky shit like akathisia and heart palpitations.